It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political playmaking from tragedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am SICK TO DEATH of hearing Congress or the President to is blame for mass shootings. Last time I looked, THE SHOOTER AND THE SHOOTER ALONE is responsible for their actions. Period. Stop blame-shifting someone's crimes.

It's so predictable now...just like clockwork. Every time there is a high profile gun crime, politicians start playing on the emotions of society and calling for new laws.

Laws are not the answer.....understanding and dealing with the lack of respect for LIFE is the problem. If you want to fix a societal problem, fix THAT because THAT is what is really at the core of this issue.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It's so predictable now...just like clockwork.

Unfortunately, the usual suspects' clock is broken all day long.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

It's so predictable now...just like clockwork. Every time there is a high profile gun crime, politicians start playing on the emotions of society and calling for new laws

And none of the laws they discuss, seem to have anything to do with fixing the mental health issues plaguing the young people these days.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I am SICK TO DEATH of hearing Congress or the President to is blame for mass shootings.

You forgot Russian "bots".
Yes, thats right folks, Shifty is now blaming Russian bots for promoting the 2nd ammendment.
Once again, you just can't make this $h!t up

edit on 2 16 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

It's so predictable now...just like clockwork. Every time there is a high profile gun crime, politicians start playing on the emotions of society and calling for new laws

And none of the laws they discuss, seem to have anything to do with fixing the mental health issues plaguing the young people these days.

Yes!! There is a moral disconnect in society. We can go back & forth all day long about who is response for it or how we got here....I could really care less. My point is let's agree that there IS one and work on how to fix it. These people have/had some serious mental health issues. Many times these issues were known before they went off the rails and mass murdered. We really need to address mental health in this country no different than physical health problems. In fact, many mental health problems are actually HARDER to solve than simple physical ailments.... To me (granted, I'm just one person) that means we should be allocating MORE benefits for it in our healthcare system. Instead its the opposite....very few healthcare plans have anything above the minimal requirement for mental health.

As we've clearly seen throughout numerous examples...."gun control" is not the problem. Chicago, California, and DC have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country, but also have the highest crime and murder rates. And as we saw with Boston, California, etc....when a criminal wants to mass murder, they can easily do it without a gun if they are determined.

We need to address the lack of respect for life (and subsequent mental health)...not the weapon in which they choose to commit their crimes.

ETA - bottom line...let's stop blaming others for "how we got here" or "what we didn't do...." and start putting the blame for MURDER where it belongs....on the MURDERER
edit on 16-2-2018 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

We really need to address mental health in this country no different than physical health problems. In fact, many mental health problems are actually HARDER to solve than simple physical ailments....

BS to that! We need to treat mental illness as a threat to society and lock the sicko's up until they can be cured or long-term secured! This whole problem began with the adoption of the idea of treating mental health in the "community" as opposed to sending the nuts to the funny farm! And its not like people and institutions don't know who they are! They can be easily identified as early as Elementary school. If the illness is serious enough to require use of an SSRI (selective serotonin uptake inhibitor) they should be at a minimum removed from gen pop for their schooling and ankle monitored and place under strict movement guidelines.

And many aren't HARDER to solve than physical ailments, many are entirely INCURABLE!

Unfortunately the 50% of the population has no stomach whatsoever for such treatment.........and we see the result!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Tell that to this guy

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This is why government WANTS school shootings.

It's the same reason why they perpetuate programs that reward drug addiction to opioids, etc.

If there were no school shootings, if there were no hungry or homeless or illegals, then they'd have nothing to run against.

Politicians get aroused whenever there is a school shooting so they can grandstand, push agendas and remove freedoms.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Sorry, but I can't stand behind this type of response. Do you know how many people in this country deal with mental health issues? How many people are on medication for those issues? Millions. I don't condone locking up millions of people and ostracizing them from society because a handful of people who may have the same diagnosis turned into mass murderers. What does that say about the other 99.9999999999999% of the people who have never done anything to anyone but may also suffer from depression or some other mental illness?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Depends on the crime, there have been shootings where other things were happening like bullying and even other things like black op's going on, it's a case by case basis, in general I think your right when it comes to some shootings but not all (social conditioning plays factors in these crimes also).

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I suspect that the NRA doesn't mind helping stoke those fears. I've gotten 3 calls from folks with the NRA trying to register me.

I also suspect that since the news is IC controlled, we are seeing the result of whatever mayhem the CIA wants to inflict.

Side note: while typing this post, i had an email notification pop up from Friends of the NRA.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Wow that's kind of scary having a NRA pop up while typing your statement, prayers with you.

The problem with the Gypsy's statement is there's too many other reasons shootings are going on not to mention the CIA and there black Op on things, it's never cut and dry when a rampage shooting happenings, sure sometimes it is, and in most cases it's not the presidents fault (not since Nixon threw George HW Bush anyway LOL), but in many cases there's something else going on point blank.

(note I didn't say it was not the vice presidents fault in recent years they have been the bad guys in recent years, with the information I have).
edit on 6-3-2018 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join