It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal MSM calls Everytown for Gun Safety "Propaganda" for using DISHONEST INFLATED numbers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Fake school shooting stats make solutions harder to find"

www.usatoday.com...
Also on WaPo

"Amping up fears only undermines efforts to reconcile parents and civil rights advocates who want to protect the Bill of Rights."

No, there have not been 18 school shootings already this year, as CNBC, Politico, The Washington Post, ABC, The (New York) Daily News and briefly a USA TODAY column all reported in the hours since a 19-year-old allegedly slaughtered 17 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in Parkland, Fla., on Ash Wednesday.

Fake stats like that make finding a solution to the real problem of gun violence, which has actually struck American schools at least six times this year, that much harder. Amping up fears, and muddying the search for fixes that can cut back the senseless violence, only undermines efforts to reconcile the real concerns of parents and the legitimate desire of civil rights advocates to protect the Bill of Rights.

Everytown for Gun Safety, the gun-control advocacy group responsible for spreading this bogus statistic, should be ashamed of its blatant dishonesty. When parents hear the words “school shooting,” their hearts freeze and their heads fill with images of Sandy Hook: dead and dying grade-schoolers, broken and bleeding in a classroom, helpless teachers crying over their charges and slain colleagues as a black-clad killer switches magazines in his AR-15.

That’s mostly not what Everytown is talking about. At least when The Washington Post reported Everytown’s propaganda, it included some important caveats:

“That data point … includes any discharge of a firearm at a school — including accidents — as a ‘shooting.’ It also includes incidents that happened to take place at a school, whether students were involved or not.”

The Post should have kept including caveats. By Everytown’s criteria, nobody has to be injured and the “shooting” doesn’t actually have to take place on campus, though it does have to be heard on campus or a bullet has to hit somewhere on campus.

As I've been saying for years, the Sandy Hook spawn Everytown for Gun Safety is a group of lying and angry liberals who inflate tragedies and exploit them for their own political gains. Good job USAToday/Washington Post.

THIS IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF JOURNALISM I RECALL MAKING THIS NATION GREAT. KEEP IT UP BOTH OF YOU!!

^The above reasons are just one small part of our core argument. The anti-gun lobby is weak, and uses outright lies and propaganda (as WaPo calls it) to manipulate the public into giving up its CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. No compromise with liars and dishonest propagandists. I think that's Everytown's cue to go hide under a rock somewhere out of sheer embarrassment. Getting called out on blatant lies is never a good time.

Anyone with half a brain could look at reported incidents/statistics and determine this vindictive special interests group was severely manipulating data.
edit on 2/16/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/16/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
When they say "school shootings" they mean...any incident involving a gun and a school. Big difference in someone shooting and killing themselves in a school parking lot VS a mass shooting.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's always astonishing when those who want "common sense" gun control begin their argument with demonstrably false "facts" and "information," lob in a good sized helping of personal attacks (like how gun owners are compensating for something, only morons could possibly like firearms, gun owners hate kids, etc.), and then always react so incredulously to that majority of gun owners who aren't against background checks and don't think everybody needs a bazooka and a howitzer in their back yard.

"They" just can't seem to understand, for whatever reason, that the majority of gun owners aren't really interested in sitting through made-up "facts" and personally belittling comments to try and get anywhere with "common sense" gun control.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Everyone has 'gun stats'.

Even lil ole me.

The cherry on top?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

By that same token it's equally annoying whenever someone says, "I want more gun control" and then pro-gun supporters warp that to "They want to come for my guns and ban all guns!"

I happen to want more gun control but also like the 2nd Amendment. Yet people just assume I want to ban all guns anyways.
edit on 16-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The extremes are generally an annoyance, yes.

Point being that in the meantime, the vast majority of people get talked over while those two extremes go at it and never get anywhere.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Everyone has 'gun stats'.

Even lil ole me.

The cherry on top?

That’s one hell of a stats list you have there

It’s almost like clockwork after everyone of these tradgies that the “bleeding heart” gun control advocates come out immediately and call for all types of bans and use embellished and out right fabricated statistics to scare the general public into thinking that what they are sayin is the truth and not to believe what anyone else says.

Well done on showing actual truths Neo!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

bomber bombs someone we blame the bomber, Drunk driver kills someone we blame the driver, Oj stabs his wife with a knife 100 times we blame OJ.

Guy shoots people we blame the gun.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I happen to want more gun control but also like the 2nd Amendment. Yet people just assume I want to ban all guns anyways.

You want people convicted of crimes they've never committed to pay for the action of someone else?

Because that is what gun control is.

Which is a direct violation of the Bill of Rights, and the 14th amendment?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

It’s almost like clockwork

It is like clockwork.

The anti's want to rewind back to the era of King George denying our ancestors their right to self-determination.

They want to make it for us.

We've no right to choose.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

nice memes. comparing drownings and accidents to murder. i understand why they call you people 'gun nuts'.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Would you prefer these stats ?

Since we're talking bout the kids.

abort73.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

By that same token it's equally annoying whenever someone says, "I want more gun control" and then pro-gun supporters warp that to "They want to come for my guns and ban all guns!"

IMHO, the issue is the gun grabber side is being purposely intellectually dishonest. It makes it hard to take you guys seriously or not suspect alterior motives.

A big problem with regulations is that you give an inch, they take a mile.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

bomber bombs someone we blame the bomber, Drunk driver kills someone we blame the driver, Oj stabs his wife with a knife 100 times we blame OJ.

Guy shoots people we blame the gun.

Well this is a lie. We aren't holding Nikolas Cruz's Ar15 in police custody right now. We are holding Nikolas and he is going to be charged with a great many crimes. I do believe that is as thorough you can get at blaming someone.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Thanks for proving my point Neo.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

IMHO, the issue is the gun grabber side is being purposely intellectually dishonest. It makes it hard to take you guys seriously or not suspect alterior motives.

A big problem with regulations is that you give an inch, they take a mile.

Lol. Both sides act intellectually dishonest. The pro-gun side is no better in this regard. I mean you literally had a poster re-write my argument so that he can attack it easier in this very thread. How is that intellectually honest?
edit on 16-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

IMHO, the issue is the gun grabber side is being purposely intellectually dishonest.

It is.

One guy named BOB for the sake of argument commits a crime.

300+ million guys named Steve is somehow responsible for it.

Forget about due process.

Forget about a jury of our peers.

Go directly to losing what little rights we have left.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Never let a good disaster go to waste.
Or
Never let the truth get in your way.

Number don't lie but they sure can be presented or skewed to press a point.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It is true what you said as well, whenever one of these shootings happen people only blame the weapon used and never put blame on the person whereas for anything else they always blame the person for “getting behind the wheel drunk” or “falling asleep with a cigarette or candle lit” I may be dating myself on that example but shootings are the only time where people blame the instruments involved and not the person manipulating the instrument.

Krazyshot...yes the police are holding Cruz in custody and yes they have blamed him for this and he will be charged with 17 counts of murder but the rest of the media, and social media, and twitter don’t put blame on the shooter. You and I both know they put blame on the weapon that the shooter used, Chelsea Handler put blame on every republican in Congress and who voted them in, now what type of rationale is that and how can you have a legitimate discussion with people like that who immediately blame everything and everyone that they are against.

End of rant.

edit on 16-2-2018 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join