It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog food is withdrawn over concerns about euthanasia drug contamination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.usatod... ay.com/story/money/food/2018/02/16/dog-food-withdrawn-over-concerns-euthanasia-drug-contamination/344373002/

The company said Thursday it is pulling back shipments of several varieties of wet canned Gravy Train, Kibble 'N Bits, Skippy and Ol' Roy brands. It said it is investigating how the euthanasia drug pentobarbital got into its supply chain and is focusing on a single supplier of a minor ingredient used at one manufacturing facility.

www.latimes.com... hanasia-drug-20180215-story.html
people.com...

Scary stuff here.
I can imagine much slow poison damage from this long term.
I hope your animals are well.
It looks like the source of the drug could very well be animals that have been euthanized ending up in the dog food.
Caution gravy train may contain your passed pets.
That is pretty harsh if true.

edit on 16-2-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Chinese imports?
I remember melamine in dog food from China a few years back.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It looks like the source of the drug could very well be animals that have been euthanized ending up in the dog food.

City water treatment plants don't filter out prescription drugs, either. Cows are fed other cows, pigs same, same.

Drink distilled water and buy locally grown produce from a farmers market if you can.

Those that grown their own needn't bother responding, everyone knows how fortunate you are.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If I drink bottled water I don't get free drugs
Tap water for life ftw

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's like soylent green is people, and now Gravy train and kibbles might be dogs, for real.

Creepy, but probably highly profitable.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up...not that I would feed my dog any of that crap.

Here's a good site for people with pets to rate your pets food and see all recalls.

www.dogfoodadvisor.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: intrptr

If I drink bottled water I don't get free drugs
Tap water for life ftw

Ummm...your right...those hairy man boobs...ahem...moobs look so fashionable on you...

Estrogen in the tap water for life...FTW...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com... gers-euthanasia-drug-get-pet-food/

It’s well known that generic “meats” and “meals” can contain euthanized animals. So if a pet food contains “animal byproduct meal” then pretty much any animal that’s not a bird can be in the food … including animals that were euthanized.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sad isn't it, being it's not a first time euthanasia drug or drugs in particular have been tested positive in pet food. While grocery store brands are often the culprit, some of the better brands have tested positive for chemicals as well-such as when people reported that their pets passed away. They attributed it to who they buy the meat from, once being a trusted source, but of course, not so much now. The best one can do is stay away from the lower quality brands-as they also don't always contain the right amount of vitamins and minerals, find the more trusted ones-look at reviews, etc.
edit on 16-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I stick with Dave's and also Blue Buffalo, and source them from Chewy.com, as they are diligent pet food vendors that pay attention to issues in the industry as well as any product recalls that their suppliers are involved in.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Omg, that is truly horrible. Has nothing been learned from the BSE scare due to bad farming practices ?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It is a sort of catch 22 type thing. On one hand we say let's all be humane to animals in life and death like some ancestors were.They used every part of the animals. So we start doing that and i see it as a good thing for the most part. Then we realize our humane actions are coming back to haunt us by way of poisoning the ones using all the animals. Point being that we have to answer the question in a more knowledgeable manner.

What is more humane in the long run for animals checking out too soon? A bullet or a drug that slow kills the whole lot in the long run?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
pedigree chum is dogs

join