It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shootings When I was Younger

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure this "everything was fine before" sort of mentality is accurate.

When you were a kid, how many people had Ar-15s? I grew up in a farming community with lots of guns, but they were mostly shotguns and hunting rifles. It would be hard to kill a couple dozen people in a matter of minutes with a bolt-action or a shotgun that only holds 5 shells and needs to be reloaded manually.

We had plenty of violent and psychotic kids in school, but instead of bringing a backpack full of guns they brought knives to school and shanked people, or tried to beat on someone with a baseball bat.

Its true, gun's don't kill people, but it's sure an interesting coincidence how often guns are involved.

All these conspiracy theories that claim these shootings are "false flags" in an attempt to take all our guns is hilarious to me, since gun sales, and gun manufacturer stock prices, always increase every time one of these shootings occurs, not to mention increasing memberships and donations to the NRA. School shootings are literally profitable for gun manufacturers and the NRA.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Us old timers see this.

Just how far modern society has gone down the snipper.

And it's not objects that are the problem.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

That was before they had this in mind:

National Firearms Agreement
edit on 16-2-2018 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

A must watch video.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

One thing you said did hit home to me...I should be upstairs with my
husband rather than playing on my computer.

*Playing with your husband.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I have a friend who, when he was in high school in the late 80s/early 90s wrote a short story about shooting up his high school. I didn't know him them, and this was, obviously, before Columbine, but it was a just a story. He had no intention of going through with it (that I know), and he has never been violent.

This kind of goes back to BD's thread, too. If someone had read that now, he would have likely had a visit from someone is LE (well, maybe, considering Cruz didn't, even though others who have posted similar things online have seen visits).

For some time I have been of the opinion (and have said as much on ATS over the years) that, along with medication, the barrage of conflicting and constant contradictory information in almost all facets of our society is an overwhelming stimuli with which people cannot deal. It essentially short circuits people's thought processes and causes them to "snap." Whether teenagers, adults who shoot up workplaces, or whatever else form of mass, directional violence, is from inadequate life at home (both teens and adults), to social media presences and conflicts, to people's own sense of self-inadequacies and confusion, all which contribute to this cultural psychosis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join