It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coinbase is erratically overcharging some users and emptying their bank accounts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: dug88

Based on the types of charges and various accounts being affected...and the hostile responses to this. I don't think I believe coinbase's explanation...seems like a good old fashioned scam to me. Also note...this isn't cryptocurrency that people have lost...they have had their bank accounts drained of money by coinbase...this was not losses from buying cryptocurrency.

Do you realize how much money Coinbase is making off of legit business practices?

Why would they tarnish their name while making over 1.7 million dollars a day, just to scam a few people out of 100's or thousands of dollars?

If you take a look at most of the problems it does seem to come directly from the Visa debit card transactions.

Visa problems

It seems that there is something to their claim of it being a Visa problem.

I have made many transactions with my bank account linked for wire transfers with no problems.

I was trying to link my debit card but now I think I'll just stick to the long waiting period of direct bank account transfers.

It is easy for someone to automatically jump to conclusions and claim "scam", "they are scamming us", but if one would take a step back and look at the information given and realise that this company is making just as much money as some fortune 500 companies, one would realise that it probably is just a problem that will get worked out. Coinbase has too much to lose by "scamming people" out of a few dollars when compared to their bigger fiscal picture.

I personally am waiting for another dip to purchase some more coin and I am not going to hesitate on pushing the buy button.

Be a mistake to wait for another dip..won't happen for quite awhile..and never be this low again.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

your own linked source says this is a confirmed unintentional glitch that has been resolved and coinbase is refunding all overcharges, yet you exclude that from your post and call coinbase a scam...

this folks is what the crypto community calls spreading FUD, (fear uncertainty and doubt) trying to discourage people from buying crypto with propaganda or otherwise false lies is FUD.

looks like Visa has accepted responsibility, so turns out this wasnt a coinbase issue at all after all, it was a visa issue www.businessinsider.com...

which makes the entire content of this threads title and OP inaccurate, a hoax. this thread should be hoax binned.
edit on 16-2-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Be a mistake to wait for another dip..won't happen for quite awhile..and never be this low again.

While I hope that you are right, it would be nice to see some positive gains in my investments again, but every time I commit to adding a little more to my portfolio when the market is going in an upward movement, the market takes a quick dump..lol

I am working on controlling my FOMO and take my time to see if the upswing will hold or go swiftly back down.

Time will tell

<< 1   >>

join