It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't care about the kids. What's really killing them isn't guns!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Guess you never heard of distracted driving laws eh? Then again, don’t you rwnj types believe in individual freedumb? a reply to: Martin75

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I am with you on this. So many preventable things out there hurting/killing people and the media goes nuts on one thing.

I am guess (no proof) those one here poo-pooing your point text and drive all the time. Crack down on that and it's an "infringement" of their liberty. Funny how that works huh?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

They promote the hype about guns thru kids

It's not hype, guns are deadly.

What is hype is all you gun nuts crying that the evil gubmint will lock you up unless you have an arsenal of guns to protect you. stupid, baseless paranoia.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm genuinely sorry for the loss of your brother.

However, as deeply and passionately as you feel about the issue of cellphones, that is exactly how deeply and passionately millions of your fellow citizens feel about school shootings and the unfettered marketing and purveying of guns and gun culture the U.S.

Both issues require our attention.

But, I agree, we don't really care about our kids because we don't really care about each other.

We show it everyday by refusing facts and politicizing personal perspective born of pain and real life experience. We dehumanize those who disagree with us and pick apart their ideas and opinions instead of really hearing them and taking common sense measures on actual problems. We focus on politics instead of people.

So yeah, America at large doesn't really give a #.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

They promote the hype about guns thru kids

It's not hype, guns are deadly.

What is hype is all you gun nuts crying that the evil gubmint will lock you up unless you have an arsenal of guns to protect you. stupid, baseless paranoia.

Unfortunately this and every other attempt at a discussion will follow the same path unless both sides can agree to open themselves up to actually discussing and not digging in their heels.

I'm an a gun fan...I'm from the US...and yes guns are deadly TOOLS but no more or less than many other things such as operating a vehicle (as discussed here) or knives.
I TRULY believe its not the accessibility to guns that is the problem. There are millions of guns around the globe (or across the globe if you one on those flatty's) that have not harmed a single person on their own...I have several scary "assault" riffles and "high capacity" magazines that have yet to attack me in the middle of the night.
Why is hard for us all to agree that its the health of the person with the weapon that is the problem and this is where the focus should be...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I herd this morning that it was the 18th school shooting this year and it only February, and people are saying phones kill more people? Should we try and fix both, you don't see mass texting killing people, it should be its own issue to deal with not distract from gun deaths which no other western country seams to have.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: myss427
I herd this morning that it was the 18th school shooting this year and it only February, and people are saying phones kill more people? Should we try and fix both, you don't see mass texting killing people, it should be its own issue to deal with not distract from gun deaths which no other western country seams to have.

Hmmm....define "western country"... all in all we don't have it that bad

www.npr.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Great idea to make the phone unresponsive in certain situations. Would also be a great idea to make the gun unresponsive in certain situations as well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join