It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't care about the kids. What's really killing them isn't guns!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As a parent and now grandparent from my observation the greatest threats to children and youth in these times arise from peer pressure and bullying, in schools, outside and online. Often leading to depression, suicide and acts of violence, and a wide range of psychological issues that are left untreated. Also violence in media, games, television, movies and online.

This modern society is producing too many psychopaths, lost confused severely depressed individuals.

I don't know what the answers are, but I believe things are going to only get worse going into the future.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

You do realize that many cellphones have a "drive mode" which must be turned off in order for the phone to function while in a moving vehicle, right?

It's super easy...all parents need to do is enable a password on this function that the kids don't know.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

You do realize that many cellphones have a "drive mode" which must be turned off in order for the phone to function while in a moving vehicle, right?

It's super easy...all parents need to do is enable a password on this function that the kids don't know.

Is This carrier specific? I have a Samsung galaxy 6 and can't find it. But that's awesome!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I'm glad I don't live in a society where everything needs to be protected(defended) with guns.
The way things are going you will probably have armed guards in kindergartens in a couple of years.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

it sounds like a 3rd world sh#thole, statistically it compares.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You're right. The thing most care about at least on here which is pretty evident is their guns.

That's the core of all the arguments. Americans love their guns. Maybe too much. Probably too much.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Really? It was on my Galaxy 3, Galaxy 5 and Galaxy 7...I had to disable it. Perhaps it's carrier specific?

However, if you don't have it pre-loaded, I'm sure you can download it.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Really? It was on my Galaxy 3, Galaxy 5 and Galaxy 7...I had to disable it. Perhaps it's carrier specific?

However, if you don't have it pre-loaded, I'm sure you can download it.

Nope I have us cellular and can't find it. But am upgrading this weekend so I will ask about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If people would just stop having kids for no reason, that would really cut down on all of this nonsense.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Learn to read and think, it's in plain sight. With ears to hear and eyes to see, you can learn to not just ingest what is fed to you and learn to think for yourself.

a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Ya have to go to a real #hole of a country to find similar gunshot murder stats though.... 💩💩💩💩. Ban bullets

So , you admit evil people exist everywhere ? And other countries with more evil people have more shooting deaths ?
So , it isnt the guns ? The guns are not evil ? The people are ?
That guns do not kill anyone on their own ?

You got it..

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Ya have to go to a real #hole of a country to find similar gunshot murder stats though.... 💩💩💩💩. Ban bullets

So , you admit evil people exist everywhere ? And other countries with more evil people have more shooting deaths ?

You got it..

You know in America the places where the rich live are fine and crime is low, where the poor are its as bad as Africa , is it something to be proud of that parts of American society have degraded to the point of 3rd world nations ?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You got it..

You know in America the places where the rich live are fine and crime is low, where the poor are its as bad as Africa , is it something to be proud of that parts of American society have degraded to the point of 3rd world nations ?

Yeah , evil people have a way of congregating where it is easier to gain control...
Be it a country , portion of a country , city , or neighborhood. It is always the poorest sections.
Control. Remember that word.

edit on 2/16/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante

Amen.

And it’s not just the drivers hurting themselves. My son was ran over by a driver looking at her phone when he was 8 years old. That was five years ago, he lived, and he’s a relatively normal happy teenager now. But it changed our lives forever. We lived in a hospital for months and racked up over half a million dollars in medical bills.

Just my opinion, but every phone should come with something built in that shuts it off when the owner is driving. We have the technology. There is no excuse for even one more person to be hurt as a result of phone use while driving.

And you always think it won’t happen to you....until it does.

I'm sorry this happened to you guys, this is one of my fears with my own kids, and not just texters/talkers. The make-up applying/primping women are just as adept at the close calls, too.
I've worked really hard at instilling the Fear of God in my kids concerning vehicles since they could comprehend the dangers of it as toddlers, they're excellent pedestrians for it. It's still only part of the way there with people being retards behind the wheel, though. IMO, other than 911 signals, cells in cars should be blocked entirely from both the cellular end, AND the vehicle end if it can emit that (I.E should be standard in new vehicles) I've had far too many personal close calls with people on their phones (and NOT TEENS) for it to not be worthwhile. As for the asshat women who can't be bothered to go without make up or fixing their hair on the go, that should be a STEEP fine the first time, and a 6-month license suspension. If you do it again, you're too stupid to be trusted to drive anymore.
edit on 2/16/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

There must be a whole lot of evil people in the world then and they have being poor in common, I wonder why that is ?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

There must be a whole lot of evil people in the world then and they have being poor in common, I wonder why that is ?

You really should take a course in reading comprehension . No where did I note evil people were necessarily poor.
I believe what I stated was they (evil people) congregate in areas that are easier to control.
Your post is fallacious in reflecting what I posted.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You really should take a course in reading comprehension . No where did I note evil people were necessarily poor.
I believe what I stated was they (evil people) congregate in areas that are easier to control.

Rubbish, its Not my comprehension that is the problem, its your lack of being able to comprehend what I'm saying.

Try reading it again, just remove the blinders

edit on 16-2-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Rubbish, its my comprehension that is the problem, its your lack of being able to comprehend what I'm saying.

Try reading it again, just remove the blinders

So , instead of it being a matter of innocent reading comprehension you are stating you did it on purpose ?
Took my words and changed them for some reason ? You do realize you cant do that , right ? It is not ethical .
What you are using as rebuttals are meaningless tripe and fallacious
Game over , you lose.
And you have just ran out of tokens

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Dude its not my fault you cannot follow the conversation, perhaps take a deep breath and try again....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join