It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't care about the kids. What's really killing them isn't guns!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You don’t care about the kids, you care about the hype.

Teen Driver Cell Phone Statistics

●11 teens die every day as a result of texting while driving.
●According to a AAA poll, 94% of teen drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting and driving, but 35% admitted to doing it anyway.
●21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phones.
●Teen drivers are 4x more likely than adults to get into car crashes or near-crashes when talking or texting on a cell phone.
●A teen driver with only one additional passenger doubles the risk of getting into a fatal car accident. With two or more passengers, they are 5x as likely.

General Cell Phone Statistics

Note: These are the most recent statistics available

●The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
●Nearly 330,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.
●1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
●Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
●Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.
●Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
●Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity.
●94% of drivers support a ban on texting while driving.
●74% of drivers support a ban on hand-held cell phone use.

Link to EdgarSnyder website

Texting While Driving

●Drivers ages 19-24 were 1.6 times as likely as all drivers to report having read a text message or e-mail while driving in the last 30 days (66.1 percent vs. 40.2 percent).
●Drivers ages 19-24 were nearly twice as likely as all drivers to report having typed or sent a text message or e-mail while driving (59.3 percent vs. 31.4 percent).

Young Millennials Top List of Worst Behaved Drivers

Do you know how easy it would be to make phone un-responsive in a car?  All you would have to do is push an OS update that if your phone senses you are driving the screen becomes un-responsive.  (Waze is an app that sense this and ask if you are the passenger) Do you know why they don’t?  Sales.  No one wants that.

I’m so sick of everyone screaming, take the guns.  It’s for the kids.  Bull#!  You don’t give a damn about the kids or anyone else!  YOU want to push your narrative.

I lost my brother because he was on his phone.  I would give ANYTHING for someone to take cell phones and distracted driving seriously.  I’m not talking about putting up a billboard or making a commercial.  DO SOMETHING!!!!!

edit on 2/16/2018 by Martin75 because: Trying to fix formatting

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
In the hood it's heroin

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
In the hood it's heroin

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I’m so sick of everyone screaming, take the guns.  It’s for the kids.  Bull#!  You don’t give a damn about the kids or anyone else!  YOU want to push your narrative.

I sick of people doing what you are doing.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

When someone doesn't agree with you? I've read your post, you just don't like what I'm saying
proof

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
In the hood it's heroin

More than likely brought here by our government agencies.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
In the hood it's heroin

& in the hick sticks it's Oxy & meth.

K~

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

what is that? bringing to light that screaming "It's the gunz!" isn't going to make any discussion at all happen?

It's the immediate end to any rational thought. One side won't hear anything other than "It's the gunz!" and the other side will shut down and say "out of my cold dead hands!", and we rinse, repeat. If you continue this narrative, you are part of the problem and not anywhere near the solution.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Amen.

And it’s not just the drivers hurting themselves. My son was ran over by a driver looking at her phone when he was 8 years old. That was five years ago, he lived, and he’s a relatively normal happy teenager now. But it changed our lives forever. We lived in a hospital for months and racked up over half a million dollars in medical bills.

Just my opinion, but every phone should come with something built in that shuts it off when the owner is driving. We have the technology. There is no excuse for even one more person to be hurt as a result of phone use while driving.

And you always think it won’t happen to you....until it does.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

They promote the hype about guns thru kids, just like they promoted it when invading other countries.

Nikki Haley did it the UN, unplugging baby incubators got us into Gulf Oil Wars, the troops got it from the general in the film JarHead, the invasion of Syria began with some "ISIS" holding women and children hostage on top of a hill, and yes, gun control at home is always about first shooting and then saving the children.

Its an appeal to the real power behind the American People, the mother. If they have her heartstrings, the men will follow.

:45 into here:

edit on 16-2-2018 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ya have to go to a real #hole of a country to find similar gunshot murder stats though.... 💩💩💩💩. Ban bullets

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

I'm so sorry to hear that but so glad he is doing well.
Everyone thinks it won't be them until it is. The driver involved in the wreck with my brother still deals with PTSD from it. A wonderful man who lived through a heartbreaking experience because of phones. We stayed in touch for a while but I felt he would heal better if I stepped away.

a reply to: weirdguy

Not really sure what that has to do with my OP

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I sick of people doing what you are doing.

Couldn’t agree more.

These shootings go on and on, every month and nobody does a thing because they all want to keep their nice shiny guns.

There argument is essentially that the people who want more gun control are not doing it to protect kids.....no the people who stand by and do nothing as kids are slaughtered in classrooms every month, they are the ones doing it for the kids.

Those of us who want to make it harder for these people go legally own these things that are used to kill kids, some how we ar the bad guys in this debate.

It’s pathet when you look at it like that’s
edit on 16-2-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You don’t care about the kids, you care about the hype.

Teen Driver Cell Phone Statistics

●11 teens die every day as a result of texting while driving.
●According to a AAA poll, 94% of teen drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting and driving, but 35% admitted to doing it anyway.
●21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phones.
●Teen drivers are 4x more likely than adults to get into car crashes or near-crashes when talking or texting on a cell phone.
●A teen driver with only one additional passenger doubles the risk of getting into a fatal car accident. With two or more passengers, they are 5x as likely.

General Cell Phone Statistics

Note: These are the most recent statistics available

●The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
●Nearly 330,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.
●1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
●Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
●Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.
●Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
●Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity.
●94% of drivers support a ban on texting while driving.
●74% of drivers support a ban on hand-held cell phone use.

Link to EdgarSnyder website

Texting While Driving

●Drivers ages 19-24 were 1.6 times as likely as all drivers to report having read a text message or e-mail while driving in the last 30 days (66.1 percent vs. 40.2 percent).
●Drivers ages 19-24 were nearly twice as likely as all drivers to report having typed or sent a text message or e-mail while driving (59.3 percent vs. 31.4 percent).

Young Millennials Top List of Worst Behaved Drivers

Do you know how easy it would be to make phone un-responsive in a car?  All you would have to do is push an OS update that if your phone senses you are driving the screen becomes un-responsive.  (Waze is an app that sense this and ask if you are the passenger) Do you know why they don’t?  Sales.  No one wants that.

I lost my brother because he was on his phone.  I would give ANYTHING for someone to take cell phones and distracted driving seriously.  I’m not talking about putting up a billboard or making a commercial.  DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Maybe you're unaware, but you do realize that most states (perhaps all) have passed comprehensive bills to "help" stop this correct? Hands free driving bills, no texting while driving, etc...

I swear some of the analogies I see people come up with, I just really wonder....

So yes, your point is taken.

Counterpoint: Why won't there be any sweeping gun legislation, like we've had with cellphones and driving (which seems to be the ass backwards point you're trying to make but obviously failing at).

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The plan: Screw up enough people through vaccines so that many, many will have to take psyc medications. Then stage several fake killings (not saying here which ones), as to bring about copy cats. Just to bring up a gun debate.

Also, legalize marijuana in many areas, and then deem those who take it, unfit to own a gun.

That is what is plaguing us and our children. It is a NWO, Satanic plan. And this is just the warm up.
edit on 16-2-2018 by craterman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
The plan: Screw up enough people through vaccines so that many, many will have to take psyc medications. Then stage several fake killings (not saying here which ones), as to bring about copy cats. Just to bring up a gun debate.

Also, legalize marijuana in many areas, and then deem those who take it, unfit to own a gun.

That is what is plaguing us and our children. It is a NWO, Satanic plan. And this is just the warm up.

Sounds like a good work of fiction. You should write it! I'd read it (although it's likely not very original).

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

You prove my point. Laws aren't working. We are breaking them and still the kids die.

They yell to ban the guns but no one yells to de-activate phones in moving cars. Something that kills far more kids than guns.

ETA: I COMPLETELY support some kind of mental health bill like the one Trump got rid of. That addresses the issue.
edit on 2/16/2018 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You prove my point. Laws aren't working. We are breaking them and still the kids die

Well by that logic let’s legalise murder and rape

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

[SNIPPED]

Cell phone distraction is an issue but it fails to make the media spotlight because that horse has been beaten to death and left to dry. The world seems to only care about what new and hot. It sound horrible, yet its what's going on now.
Cover up the media when the government gets too much attention with a tragedy.

Mass Shooting Count Down Has Reset....
edit on Fri Feb 16 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

You prove my point. Laws aren't working. We are breaking them and still the kids die.

They yell to ban the guns but no one yells to de-activate phones in moving cars. Something that kills far more kids than guns.

ETA: I COMPLETELY support some kind of mental health bill like the one Trump got rid of. That addresses the issue.

You do realize that car deaths are down in aggregate since the iPhone was released right? And are trending down?

You realize car deaths used to be higher, we then passed seat belt laws (notice we didn’t outright ban the car), and the deaths went down.

We pass cell phone legislation (notice we didn’t ban the cell phone) and the deaths went down.

We haven’t seriously passed any type of gun legislation since the assault weapons ban. Any guesses what happened in regards to deaths by gun from 1994-2004? I’ll give you a hint, it’s similar to the examples above...

Your “point” lacks context.
edit on 16-2-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join