It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scariest Dream / nightmare ever???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just woke up from a rather fitful nap / sleep wherein I had a dream...a dream about another dream I had many years ago, a nightmare really. It was like a reincarnation of the original dream/nightmare, but almost in a 3rd person kind of way, like I was watching it from the outside. Weird, I know.

Anyway, it brought back this vivid memory of the original dream itself, even in my awake state. The original dream went like this...

Prior to going to sleep two college buddies and myself were consuming vast quantities of a drink we called "Squeezo's". Basically, these were a concoction of grapefruit juice, grenadine and Everclear. They were suicidal drinks akin to a mixture of nitroglycerine and morphine mixed with 10,000 volts of electricity! (Don't try this at home, kids!) Now, fortunately none of us were EVER the types to pick up a set of motor vehicle keys after drinking anything at all, let alone these things. These were purely a stay at home drink!!

Anyway, we consumed quite a few of these and got stupid hammered. After that we somehow managed to make a pizza (one of my buddies worked at a pizza joint) which we consumed in short order. Then it was pretty much time for 'lights out'. I was going to sleep on their couch.

After a while I started having this horrible dream about being buried alive in this box. It was pure terror! I was buried in this box under 6 feet of dirt and no matter what I did nobody could hear me and I couldn't get out. I was screaming and pounding on the inside of this box for someone to let me out! It was horrible. Scariest thing ever (and I ain't scared of nuthin'!!). I was at my wits end, about ready to lose my mind. I think I might have even been sobbing a little, promising all sorts of things if I could just get out of this box. (not to mention the fact I really had to pee!)

After what seemed like hours in my hell, suddenly a light came on inside...and then a secret door opened up. And someone said "WHAT THE F# ARE YOU SCREAMING ABOUT??? JEEZUS KRIST!!! SHUT UP ALREADY!!! YOU'RE GONNA' WAKE UP THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!" It was my buddy, Clyde.

Clyde told me he and Marty were still sitting in the living room watching TV (and drinking more Squeezo's) when I got up off the couch, looked right at them and asked where the bathroom was. It was through Clyde's bedroom to the right. They said I very matter of factually walked into the bedroom and hung a hard right into the bedroom closet and calmly shut the door behind me. They apparently thought it was hilarious, but I didn't come out. Clyde's closet was like a tornado zone and I guess I crashed at some point looking for the light switch and that was all I remember. They all went to bed forgetting about my silly ass in the closet. That's when I had the dream.

I woke up several hours later inside the tiny darkened closet, tangled in the wreckage of Clyde's closet and suddenly my nightmare was actually real. I really was trapped inside a tiny box with no way out. It was pitch black, and I completely freaked out. I was banging and clawing at the walls in the back of the closet behind some coolers and a pile of laundry, football equipment and other junk when Clyde opened up the tiny door (which really was kind of a strange door entry). In my panic i guess I ran right past them and out of their house (in my shorts) straight out into the front yard and dove in the snow and I guess was 'hugging' the snow (so they said) and rolling around...freed at last from my 'buried' coffin. Of course it didn't take long for the snow to jolt me out of my altered state. (then I REALLY had to pee!!!).

We laughed about that story for years afterwards, but the buried alive part and then waking up to a tiny darkened closet still kind of creeps me out!!

Anyway, that's my scariest nightmare story.
edit on 2/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Inception, anyone? Or leave the deemsters to us youngins.

Cool story, bro.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh my god, that was hilarious!

I bet that snow felt good!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Holy cow. That'd be about enough to scare me to death. Squeezos sound about right too for being buried in a box hah. It reminds me of my childhood when I was a much smaller guy and used to crawl through a small drainage pipe under my driveway for snips and giggles, always wondered what would happen if I got stuck half way in. Would my parents find me? Feed me sandwiches (no pun intended) with a long stick to push them down the pipe?

I miss being a kid!

new topics

top topics

join