It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia and Optical Illusion Perception

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I appreciate your kind words Sheye.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Very thoughtful post badw0lf. I appreciate your sharing.

Its incredible, the roller coaster we call life. The ups and downs, bad choices, good choices, with intention behind each one of our choices ranging in quality, along with expected and unexpected outcomes.

This, as you mentioned, brings light to the idea that our brains are so amazingly complex; sometimes we will try "anything" to feel better, to "fix" something, all the while trying to figure ourselves out and understand what this life is. To understand how we can better ourselves, and lead a healthier, "better" life.

Surely there are better ways, ways to improve. Mistakes happen. Addiction is real and a sincere problem for many people. Sometimes it can be psychological in nature rather than physiological, but as a wise man once told me, with a smile on his face, "son, there is always a solution."

I know that for sure. I'm very grateful to be perfectly honest. I know life has its moments of sadness, moments where we can be vulnerable, moments where we make mistakes.

I had those moments in the past in a profoundly tragic way. For years I lived in something very similar to what you described. I was living a life of incomprehensible terror.

Now? Now Im not really sure...but I do know that im glad to be here and deeply thankful.

With hope, maybe Ill lend a hand to others in some special way, as I feel i have been given that kind of support.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

My heart goes out to you. Dont give up, I believe that you can improve even more, please hold fast hope.

My situation was very, very dire. I had to relearn how to communicate as well, and dealt with a very harrowing gauntlet of other issues. I was completely aware of what was happening, it was like being trapped inside myself with someone else at the wheel.

Quitting pot helped me profusely, but there is more to it. People have helped me, taught me, often they werent even acutely aware of how they were in essence training me. It wasnt always easy, letting go of my pride and the deep seated misconceptions about some things.

With the proper meds, therapy, trust in others and trust in myself to overcome the needless fear and negativity, to truly understand the disease, along with giving sincere, heartfelt gratitude to be alive and to those who have made this life possible, well, good things can come when you least expect it, and from sources youd never guess.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro
I was smoking a lot of weed when I got sick. I'm sure it played a role but I don't solely blame it all on weed. I was living in a very hostile household. My step family were 100% psychopaths and I was dealing with highly manipulative people. I didn't know how to defend myself against the psychological abuse. My mom kicked them out and got a restraining order. My step dad threatened her with a gun. I was pushing my dresser against the door at night. I had to relearn how to trust people too.
edit on 23-2-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I'm one of those people who haven't done 'herbs', and I've had stuff happen that'd curl your hair.

What was really frightening was other people told me they experienced the Same. Exact. Thing. I was happy with being nuts- it was an easy explanation. Now, I have no explanation past said person was doing some damn weird stuff, JUST to send me over the edge.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join