It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shootings and Suicides In Amerca - Both Have MENTAL ILLNESS in Common.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Sounds like you were very privileged to not have kids with MASSIVE genetic disorders, crippling medical debt, or born into an inner city family to parents who ONLY cared about getting high.

Your "struggles" are NOT unique, nor are they indicative of being tough...MILLIONS of people deal with far, far more daily.

Despite being "self described poor" you STILL had running water. You STILL had actual floors, not dirt. You STILL had avenues and doors open.

Many in this country come into life and are befallen with FAR worse than you.

I guess those people just aren't tough enough

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
February 15, 2018

Every time there's a mass shooting in America...particularly one where young people are involved, there's an outpouring of emotions, and cries to "DO SOMETHING!" But after a few weeks, those demands go silent....until the next mass shooting.

While mass-shootings of young people, by young people, are big headline grabbers, the BIGGER LOSS to families each year is from SUICIDE. Every year, an average of 4,600 (yes..4,600!) young Americans, between the ages of 10 and 24, intentionally kill themselves! And most times, the suicide is not reported by the hometown newspapers, and there are no announcements to students in school. It's tragic.

Source for Statistic: www.cbsnews.com...

Since MENTAL ILLNESS is the primary cause of mass-shootings, it must ALSO be mental illness that triggers the majority of suicides amongst young people in America. (Commonality)

Rather than discussing gun-control measures, or throwing addictive medications at young people, why can't resources be devoted to isolate what traits (or genes?) make a person more suseptible to Mass Murders, or Suicides?

According to the World Health Organization, there are 3,000 suicides EVERY DAY on the planet. If humankind can pool resources to develop a TREATMENT/CURE that prevents people from wanting to end their own life, it's logical that this treatment can also reduce mass-murders too, since they're both tied to a MENTAL ILLNESS. (N/A those with terminal illnesses.) What do you think ATS? Can we fix two big problems with one CURE?

-CareWeMust

Mental illness is no joke. My 1st wife's bro and sis killed themselves and her BIL too. (all suicides)

It is actually hard to diagnose.

But 70% of americans today can be put away. lol, some of us twice! According to the psycho book.

How many kids in pakistan were shot or nigerian girls kidnapped? Beselan?

www.usatoday.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not an american problem.

edit on 2 18 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

You make many assumptions. But the last one proved true.

You're right, they are not tough enough. But they have my pity, if that helps.

People all have their crosses to bear in life. I have gone without running water. I have gone hungry, no food for a week. I have not yet lived on dirt floors, thank God, because I always did what I had to do to try and keep myself from being in that bad a situation. There are always ways to overcome, if one is willing to take them. Those who are not willing, are simply not tough enough.

It's not politically correct to say that, but it is true.

TheRedneck

<< 4  5  6   >>

join