It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shootings and Suicides In Amerca - Both Have MENTAL ILLNESS in Common.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: DBCowboy

A lot has to do with video games I think. I've never played one, but watched my kids and their friends. They became so engrossed in killing "the enemy", that their entire feeling of life being valuable/precious would evaporate, if they stayed glued to those "games" for too many hours a week. (I hear they're even more realistic nowadays.)

But when we were kids, we played war and shot cap guns at each other.

We had "dirt clod" bombs and would always try to "kill" each other.

link   

A lot has to do with video games I think. I've never played one, but watched my kids and their friends. They became so engrossed in killing "the enemy", that their entire feeling of life being valuable/precious would evaporate, if they stayed glued to those "games" for too many hours a week. (I hear they're even more realistic nowadays.)

Good christ this idea has been debunked six ways to Sunday.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

I believe Japan is on the right track in saying it's a social problem not one of the individual.
source

And if we find the cure for that we will at the same time end all wars, hunger, discrimination...
I'm not holding my breathe.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Spot on. With 70% of the US population on some form of prescribed mind-altering drugs , makes one think doesn't it ?
Is it the affliction or the supposed treatment ?

The more severe mental affliction could have been triggered by the medication that was designed to treat some milder mental condition...like ADHD?

Or , going off it may be worse. Cant say , as I am not a medical professional . I just know what I read..
Take it as it is.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Children are being coddled and are not being prepared for life.

They have no coping skills.

They have no problem-solving skills.

So when the hard parts of life reach the sheltered youths, they are not equipped to handle it.

Our society is responsible for the deaths and suicides.

Children are the same all over the "industrialized" world however USA is the only place where young people pick up assault rifles and kill as many as possible before they get taken out.

Yes.. that's true for mass-murders. Not sure about suicides, though. 3,000 a day all over the world is a lot, but I didn't see where it was broken down by age and country.

I was stunned to hear Florida's governor say today that an 18 year old can buy an assault rifle there, but can't buy a can of beer. How crazy is that?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

That is why kids have committed atrocities for all of human history.. is because this is a new thing.....you can go back to lynching photons and see children there...

All that “the world is getting worse “ stuff is nonesense..

Every stat shows that society has steadily improved.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But when we were kids, we played war and shot cap guns at each other.

We had "dirt clod" bombs and would always try to "kill" each other.

Yes..but you didn't see people actually die. The "games" kids play today are so realistic that you can become numb to death.

That the Florida high-school shooter for example. He hurt and killed over 25 people yesterday. Then calmly walked to McDonalds, spent 40 minutes eating, and left for a walk.

Psychiatrists might say that he was "in shock". I think he had become totally desentisized to what MURDER means.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So when the hard parts of life reach the sheltered youths, they are not equipped to handle it.

Children are the same all over the "industrialized" world however USA is the only place where young people pick up assault rifles and kill as many as possible before they get taken out.

Bullcrap.

Unless you have something to back that up, I'd call you a liar.

Living overseas and seeing different cultures I can say that US has some serious issues in how we treat our children.

I live in Europe. It's the same crap. Parents being overprotective.
In Scandinavia they are called curling parents and lawnmowers in UK

See for yourself

thesocietypages.org...

However our children don't go our on a murdering spree because of it
edit on 15-2-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I was stunned to hear Florida's governor say today that an 18 year old can buy an assault rifle there, but can't buy a can of beer. How crazy is that?

That's USA when it's worst. Unfortunately

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Japan's desire for peaceful living has caused them to eschew all nuclear weapons. I don't know if their police carry guns. I suppose if you get snuffed out, due to being totally non-violent, that's a virtue in their eyes.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Then explain the suicide rate.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Every stat shows that society has steadily improved.

SOURCE PLEASE?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

What? I said it's a social problem not one of the individual. No meds will ever work.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Bullcrap.

Living overseas and seeing different cultures I can say that US has some serious issues in how we treat our children.

See for yourself

thesocietypages.org...

I'm having trouble grasing how being over-protective is a bad thing. We could use more of that in the U.S..

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Then explain the suicide rate.

USA is not even in top 25 of suicide rates in the world.

www.worldatlas.com...

Even Russia has higher suicide rater per capita. Dont tell me Russian kids are more spoiled than American.
Some of you Americans keep coming up with weird excuses after each mass shooting but refuse to acknowledge that your violent society combined with a unhealthy gun culture is the root of the problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

What? I said it's a social problem not one of the individual. No meds will ever work.

I agree! I was pointing out that Japan's society wants peace and serenity so badly, that their measures foster internal harmony, but make the society as a whole susceptible to haters, like Kim Jong, for instance.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Bullcrap.

See for yourself

thesocietypages.org...

I'm having trouble grasing how being over-protective is a bad thing. We could use more of that in the U.S..

Ask DC and those of age who believe that over protective parents are to blame for mass shootings.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Being overprotective is not positive, but it doesn't turn your kids in to murderers. We are grasping at straws here

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hollywood movies and Video Games have removed the remorse and fear of killing. Some movies/games even glorify it.

Those who have mental or genetic predisposition towards violence, or suicide are easily "triggered" in today's society, where parents lack showing ACTIVE love.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hollywood movies and Video Games have removed the remorse and fear of killing. Some movies/games even glorify it.

Those who have mental or genetic predisposition towards violence, or suicide are easily "triggered" in today's society, where parents lack showing ACTIVE love.

Kids in Europe watch those movies too and they still don't go out and murder people because of it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join