It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palos Heights Student Arrested After Posing With AK-47 Online

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Article: CBS Chicago

A freshman at a Palos Heights high school was arrested earlier this week, after posing with an AK-47 in photos shared on Snapchat.

The Cook County Sheriff’s office said detectives were notified of the images Sunday afternoon. The 15-year-old student at Shepard High School was arrested Sunday evening at his home in Worth.

One of the images shared online included the school’s name.

The boy was charged as a juvenile with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

A sheriff’s office spokeswoman said the gun he posed with was legally owned by an adult, but not his parents.

Disorderly conduct? Seriously?

Sorry, but this seems to be a knee-jerk (with an emphasis on "jerk") reaction. I don't understand what law was broken here, but then again, I'm not from the Chicago area. Disorderly conduct for appearing in a photo? I really hope the prosecutor realizes this sham of an arrest.

Edit to add disclaimer: I have not seen the Snapchat photo in question. Perhaps it is threatening violence toward the school. Not likely, but that is a possibility. I'm still calling bull# on this arrest.

Also, if anyone finds the photo and it can be posted here within the rules of this website, please do so.
edit on 2/15/18 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Yeah... that's totalitarian bulls!t at its finest.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Anyone really expects anything different in Chicago?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Never forget the cops and district attorneys and judges and court appointed attorneys will do anything to get people jammed up in the system and on a probation "deal".

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

omg do they know how many kids I know from around the age of 8 that pose with their fire arms? 1st deer, turkey, target...

since when is posing with a fire arm illegal? wtf

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Walder said he knew of at least three photos the suspect had shared on Snapchat — one with just a gun, one where he is holding the gun and one where he is holding the gun with a caption that mentions Shepard High School. The caption of the photo that mentioned Shepard did not contain an explicit threat to shoot up the school, Walder said, but he took it as a direct threat against Shepard.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ridiculous...
One minute authorities should act prompt on signs like the FL Mentalist, next minute this thread..

It's a strange struggle, American society
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

omg do they know how many kids I know from around the age of 8 that pose with their fire arms? 1st deer, turkey, target...

since when is posing with a fire arm illegal? wtf

Yeah that’s so cool... but we’re they AK47’s?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If this is the standard then go to social media and arrest all of them.

Maybe the new plan is a picture with a person and a firearm is going to be disorderly conduct.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OK let's hear it if it was an ak47 why do you own one, what possible reason is there for a person to own an ak47 in civilian life and why the # is there a 15 year old with access to one?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I buy American.

Russia's bad after all.

No AK's!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

the AKs purchased in the USA are semi automatic, not full auto...I dont see the issue. Full auto requires a license to posess, so ... is it illegal for a teen to pose with a fire arm?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There are some damn fine 762x39 that are American made
I have a model 583 Ruger mini 30 and wouldnt trade it for 2 AKs

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

what possible reason is there for a person to own an ak47 in civilian life

it's a halfway decent platform. Beyond that, where does it say anything about "needing" a particular gun being a requirement to own one?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
OK let's hear it if it was an ak47 why do you own one, what possible reason is there for a person to own an ak47 in civilian life and why the # is there a 15 year old with access to one?

I've got 3

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece
Is this the same story?

No, that's another 'troubled teen'.

But if you see my post in the last thread where they are blaming the FBI for not acting out against the FL murderer after he posted very similar things and pictures online, now this thread, with some of the same people commenting that the kid in this OP did nothing wrong by posing with an ak47 and his school names captioned in the pic...

This is indicative of our elected officials. If this is the same people out voting to elect the ones making gun laws then the country is truly forked.
The same people wanting the FBI to act are the ones crying police state and 2nd when actions are take when another teen posts with a gun with their high schools name in the title...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
At this stage of the game where most mass shooters have been found to show off the toys they will use for mass murder, anyone who has posted about how cool or sexy their new weapon is should be pulled in for a psych eval.

K~

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I buy American.

Russia's bad after all.

No AK's!

Century Arms RAS-47 is a 100% American made Kalashnikov. The best AKs are mostly out of Serbia, Romania, Croatia, and Bulgaria with additional props going to Israel for IMI's Galil ACE, which is an absolute dream to shoot.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

This will be bad if that kid actually did pose with a real machine gun. But, not very likely. It's most likely a semi auto wannabie version. Even American Ruger Arms, makes a carbine "semi auto", or auto loading, for the 7.63 x 39mm Russian Cartridges. There are millions of these military surplus rounds being sold, and so Ruger wanted a piece of this action. I think it's a little light for deer, but it works really neat on coyotes.

The milsurp stuff is FMJ, but our American coyote/deer ammo uses an exposed lead soft point, bullet. These are illegal for use in War, by the Geneva Conventions, but varmints and deer aren't represented there.

Seriously though, did an adult take that photo?? If so, the adult was in full control, so no foul.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join