It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam schiff want contempt of Congress charge for Steve Bannon, what about hillary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My understanding is that Bannon, as a private citizen, is not explicitly under the direct authority of Congress to be slapped with a contempt of Congress charge. Schiff would have to get the committee to file a request with the federal district court, which could then compel Bannon to testify further. If Bannon then refused the committee's questions, he could be found in contempt of the federal court order.

Schiff is trying to make himself appear far more authoritative than he's actually empowered to be.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Not even close.

In fact, military is controlled by the secret agendas of those high falutin' thinkers you seem to endorse.

If you wanted wars in the middle east to end, all you would have to do is eliminate raw material harvesting/asset protection ops. After all, where do you think all you techies get your lithium for your batteries?
You don't really think that that war is about oil, right?
Heroin and lithium. 600 billion dollars worth.

But I digress.
Yes The Greeks had a few systems in place for the betterment of their society, however, it was only the golden few that had true freedom. There are thousands of codexes that will show you the real greece, all you have to do is read them. You might not like what you discover, though.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So is this is some type of bluff? I'm no legal expert, but what you said makes good sense.
So can Bannon plead the 5th ammendment protection then? Is this just Brinksmanship?
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ah, I see..

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

It's not entirely a bluff, Schiff can certainly get the votes together to send this to the federal courts where it would be largely unprecedented for the court to not side with the committee. It's just an oversimplification/self-aggrandizing statement on Schiff's part.

Bannon can plead the 5th at any time he wishes to and there's not much Schiff or the courts could do to prevent him from doing that except making a special dispensation by which "Nothing you say today can be used against you in any criminal or civil proceedings." In that scenario, Bannon wouldn't be allowed to plead... but, by the same token, the committee and courts would be loathe to offer that deal simply because Bannon could (and if he's smart he would) use it as an excuse to confess and absolve himself of anything he's ever done in violation of the law.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I know it took until just recently that everybody has rights. Im pretty interested in History so I know all ancient societies were far more cruel in every aspect of their life.
My point was that if the Trump team would know anything about politics they would have told Bannon how to handle unexpected questions. Now he is just getting on everybody's nerves.
And it's slightly risky too. Or at least surely won't do anything to stop the investigation or make Trump look innocent.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Agreed. I also think trump is letting him pull out as much ripe as he would like to hang himself.
After the falling out between the two, I see no love lost.

I think if the Trump team told Bannon hoe to handle things , it would've been leaked as some type of covering of asses for both Bannon and Trump.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Boy, these people are relentless, trying to find anything to hang around Trump's neck.

They must really be scared.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

"What about Hillary" is so tired and worn out im surprised you were able to trot it out for this thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Schiff is trying to make himself appear far more authoritative than he's actually empowered to be.

One drop of water in a 50 gallon drum...
And evidently his drop is full of bull feces. Bring in the EPA...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join