It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam schiff want contempt of Congress charge for Steve Bannon, what about hillary?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So, wild eyes schiff wants contempt of Congress charges on Bannon for "not answering questions".

Wow, how cute, he wants laws applied to his enemies but not his constituents?

Why is it every time anything trump related needs the long arm of the law, yet anything around democrats goes unfettered and is allowed to skate?

Piss and moan all you want, the fact remains you democrats are playing (and have been for 8 years) by your very own special set of rules that only apply to your enemies.

According to the article I've linked, Bannon said "no" to 25 questions - and now shiff is insane with false respect for law.
Doesn't he, or any other democrat remember the celebration when hillary "couldn't recall" answers to 25 questions?

A bunch of double standards set by double-speaking people, or so it seems.

Tell you what, you want our people held to the law?

So do we, so let's make a deal.

How about the same laws that apply to us, apply to your people as well. Maybe then we can move this sh#t show forward.

Here's a link for the few that will read it before defending the almighty democracy- that's actually a republic.

link

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Isnt he now infamous for the Trump/Russian info drop off prank at the embassy?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I'm guessing he "doesn't recall that".

Or the 280,000$ they paid for the 4 bunk dossiers they used for bogus warrants.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

To answer "I don't recall" is still an answer.
It's not the democrats fault the Trump team is that stupid and unexperienced.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

So lying is smart?

Explains a lot. Thanks for the input.

I see you don't recall the oath these people take.
edit on 15-2-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

oath of office

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This might be shocking to you but in politics and diplomacy it's considered conversational tactics and dates back to ancient Greek like democracy.
"I don't recall" is synonym for "I don't want to tell", but elegant, because it just has vanished, proof the opposite.
While just refusing to answer like Bannon is almost like painting a target on the white house screaming "They're hiding something!".
Maybe more morally correct but really stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

To answer "I don't recall" is still an answer.
It's not the democrats fault the Trump team is that stupid and unexperienced.

I like to think both Shiff and Bannon are blustery old shrivs who arent liked by anyone but well connected nevertheless.

Cant we just let it all slide and get Shiff and Bannon to team up on Dancing with the Stars since they are just dancing around issues us mere mortals would be hung out for?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I was in the USMC for long enough for nothing to shock me.
And for you to compare Grecian politics to America's is a disgrace. We were not founded by a bunch of pedophiles, protecting their "rights" to higher entertainment.

This country was, and is still founded on a constitutional rights system. Noone is exempt from law, even if they are attempting to be classy when they lie through their teeth.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If it helps you sleep at night.
I think it's a pretty unique interpretation of history that the Greeks invented equal rights, free citizens and democracy to further their sexual entertainment industry.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Hillary spent more than eleven hours with Trey Gowdy at the helm. She answered the questions. There were not alot of I do not recalls on obvious answers.

Please go back and review the hearing if you must.

Flat out lying is a no no. That's what ALWAYS gets you in trouble. Not the crime. Bill Clinton's crime.....lying to Congress under oath. You don't get impeached for a BJ.

Hillary would be in jail if you guys could get her. Either she is simply too smart, or you guys are simply too dumb.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I took a good many claases in pursuit of my masters. Greco-Roman history was one.

They had many "liberties" that were afforded to the affluent. They also had issues with one half of the island being "free minded civilized people" , and the other half were "mongrels with swords instead of thoughts".
Guess which side defended the others?
That same side came up with many democratic agreements and contracts for security of the people.
Turns out, the mongrels with swords were better at keeping the peace than all of those liberated thinkers.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

According to the article I've linked, Bannon said "no" to 25 questions - and now shiff is insane with false respect for law.

Funny.

It was alright when Holder held up his middle finger to Congress.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
He just needs to say "what difference at this point does it make", and all of his problems will go away.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Being called stupid and unexperienced by proxy is rude.

The Schiff support group is actually two doors down.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

You are correct that hillary answered the questions for 11 hours. I am not contesting that. It's the BS answers she gave that are complete lies, that she wasn't under oath to give that anger me. The woman was never held to the standards that any other citizen would be held to.
That's what I'm implying here, why is it one man is held to a different standard for questions from the same people?
In what world does one person get a different set of rules to play by than another?
Anyone who can't see the problem should take a good look at their peers they vote for.
Solid argument though- and delivered without personal slights.
Thanks for that.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Does anyone like Schiff besides #TheResistance ?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ehm... so your point is you want military rule because all them fancy talkers are pedophile?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Funny.

It was alright when Holder held up his middle finger to Congress.

Holder did what? !
I missed that one.
Wow.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

nothing says Liberation like a Military Junta...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Holder didn't give Congress the middle finger.

I was referencing he was in contempt of.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join