It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House Intelligence Committee is edging closer to holding Steve Bannon in contempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Following Bannon's closed-door testimony appearance before the House Intelligence Committee members were left frustrated at his refusal to answer any questions other than those pre-approved by the White house citing executive privilege , something he has no right to.

House Intelligence Committee members are weighing whether to hold former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon in contempt after he refused to answer key questions about his White House tenure on Thursday.

Bannon answered "no" to a list of questions that had been pre-approved by the White House and declined to answer further questions, citing executive privilege.

Bannon is not required to meet the White House's demands, but experts say he "has an interest in" keeping President Donald Trump happy.
uk.businessinsider.com...

Ranking member Adam Schiff slammed Bannon and the White House following the former chief strategist's closed-door testimony. Referring to Bannon's refusal to answer questions outside of the list the White House had provided, Schiff said, "That's not how privilege works; that's how stonewalling works."

If he has nothing to hide what does he have to hide ?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Let me make sure I have this right: Bannon refused to answer a list of questions that the White House is OK with the committee asking him?

I've got to admit, I have no idea what Bannon is up to. Seems he's pissed off pretty much everyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Let me make sure I have this right: Bannon refused to answer a list of questions that the White House is OK with the committee asking him?

No, he answered the questions that the White House were happy with but refused to answer any others which kind of negated the use of the session.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I've got to admit, I have no idea what Bannon is up to. Seems he's pissed off pretty much everyone.

Bannon knows the game.

Get someone to admit to something.

Then twist what they said, mix it in with some other things, and make it look like the person admitted something else.

Then convict the person with their own words.

This, my friends, is why you have the "right to remain silent."

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Sure.

He's playing them like a pro...

edit on 15-2-2018 by Peeple because: Wrong screenshot

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Is it any different than when Comey and his cohorts "can't discuss that" or answer question posed to them on hearings?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yes. A lot.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well if Congress is going to do the job of the FBI and DOJ.

Get rid of all of them but one.

the only function of Congress is to write the laws.

This witch hunt?

Oh hell no.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Following Bannon's closed-door testimony appearance before the House Intelligence Committee members were left frustrated at his refusal to answer any questions other than those pre-approved by the White house citing executive privilege , something he has no right to.

House Intelligence Committee members are weighing whether to hold former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon in contempt after he refused to answer key questions about his White House tenure on Thursday.

Bannon answered "no" to a list of questions that had been pre-approved by the White House and declined to answer further questions, citing executive privilege.

Bannon is not required to meet the White House's demands, but experts say he "has an interest in" keeping President Donald Trump happy.
uk.businessinsider.com...

Ranking member Adam Schiff slammed Bannon and the White House following the former chief strategist's closed-door testimony. Referring to Bannon's refusal to answer questions outside of the list the White House had provided, Schiff said, "That's not how privilege works; that's how stonewalling works."

If he has nothing to hide what does he have to hide ?

He said, "No"?

Were they questions that could be answered yes or no?

edit on 2 15 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The House Intelligence Committee is small potatoes. All they can do is issue memos.

Over the past week, Steve Bannon has been meeting with the BIG ENCHILADA, the Mueller Witch Hunting team.

WASHINGTON — Steve Bannon, who served as President Donald Trump’s chief strategist, was interviewed by special counsel Robert Mueller over multiple days this week, NBC News has learned from two sources familiar with the proceedings.

Bannon spent a total of some 20 hours in conversations with the team led by Mueller, who is investigating possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia as well as other issues that have arisen around the probe.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

It's too bad that Bob Mueller has lost his way. The man is supposed to have a report ready this Spring on how to reduce Russian Interference in our November 2018 elections. I don't think he'll be delivering that. Mueller wasted our money, big-time.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The House Intelligence Committee is small potatoes. All they can do is issue memos.

The story for me is not the committee who asked the questions but that the White House pre-approved questions for Mr Bannon to answer and that he stonewalled any others , is that democratic accountability ?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I believe the 20 hours he spent with Mueller will be more productive for America than having him coddled & allowed to frame his lies within these Kabuki theater pieces orchestrated by the selfsame republican leadership taking Russia's dirty money.

K~

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I thought they should have charged him with contempt and tossed him in the cells for a couple of days when he was refusing to appear. Anything that took place while he was working for the POTUS (while he was POTUS) is probably bound to be confirmed by a court as covered by executive privilege. Presidential communication privilege is pretty well established and upheld by the courts as a separation of powers issue. Asking the WH for the opportunity to affirm or waive executive privilege seems proper to me. It happens all the time.
A far more legally hazy and interesting question would be if executive privilege applies to the transition period after the election. They could try to nail him for that.

new topics

top topics

join