It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Tribunal Finds Western Media Guilty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Harsh words from an organization which has devoted a great deal of time ad effort into trying to get through the Western media outlet's lines of BS about the situation in Iraq today. The World Tribunal on Iraq accused the US and British media of complicity in illicit government activities, and the filtration and supression of information and proliferation of misinformation. They also accused the Bush and Blair administrations of " impeding journalists in performing their task, and intentionally producing lies and misinformation."

www.dahrjamailiraq.com...
Media Held Guilty of Deception
By Dahr Jamail
Inter Press Service
Monday 14 February 2005
Rome - A peoples tribunal has held much of Western media guilty of inciting violence and deceiving people in its reporting of Iraq....

The informal panel of WTI judges accused the United States and the British governments of impeding journalists in performing their task, and intentionally producing lies and misinformation....

The panel accused western corporate media of filtering and suppressing information, and of marginalising and endangering independent journalists. More journalists were killed in a 14-month period in Iraq than in the entire Vietnam war....

The tribunal said mainstream media reportage on Iraq also violated article six of the Nuremberg Tribunal (set up to try Nazi crimes) which states: "Leaders, organisers, instigators and accomplices participating in the formulation or execution of a common plan or conspiracy to commit any of the foregoing crimes (crimes against peace, war crimes and crimes against humanity) are responsible for all acts performed by any persons in execution of such a plan."...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Harsh words from an organization which has devoted a great deal of time ad effort into trying to get through the Western media outlet's lines of BS about the situation in Iraq today. The World Tribunal on Iraq accused the US and British media of complicity in illicit government activities, and the filtration and supression of information and proliferation of misinformation. They also accused the Bush and Blair administrations of " impeding journalists in performing their task, and intentionally producing lies and misinformation."

Regarding the judgment against the western media -- what a load of poppycock!!!

The media is in business to make money and not to do the dirtywork of the UN (or whoever). If they don't like the western media, then they can start their own media outlet. But since they have a political agenda -- and since they would try to force their opinions down the throats of the world's citizens -- they would go out of business because no one wants to hear their crap.

Ah, I feel much much better now that I've got that off my chest.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well,you should know too that U.S is seen as a war criminal under lots of international justice organisation such as the world tribunal etc.

Some kind of domino theory we have here.One starts it the rest falls perfectly into the same space.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yxboom

Originally posted by twitchy

Regarding the judgment against the western media -- what a load of poppycock!!!

The media is in business to make money and not to do the dirtywork of the UN (or whoever). If they don't like the western media, then they can start their own media outlet. But since they have a political agenda -- and since they would try to force their opinions down the throats of the world's citizens -- they would go out of business because no one wants to hear their crap.

Ah, I feel much much better now that I've got that off my chest.

most invertabrates dont have chests per se, where did you get yours?

yes, we illegally entered a war (fact) and the parties responsible should be held responsible (opinion).

if you honestly want me to explain how it was illegal i will, just ask. im pretty sure that its a no brainer.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
yes, we illegally entered a war (fact) and the parties responsible should be held responsible (opinion).

if you honestly want me to explain how it was illegal i will, just ask. im pretty sure that its a no brainer.

What dream world are you living in? The United States and Iraq were in a state of cease-fire from Gulf War I and Saddam broke the terms of that cease fire on many occasions so that alone gave us the right to resume hostilities, as well as many other UN resolutions, plus the fact we're a sovereign nation and can wage war against any other nation we choose to under our Constitution. Illegal? BS!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
its pretty cut and dried. the reason that was given to the citicens of the united states for going to war with iraq was that there were stockpiles of weapons that were intended to be used against them, and that there were terrorist training camps there that were a direct threat.

since both of those things are fraudulant, the war is illegal. of course the right legal team could twist the somatics around to make it look like anything (and i bet youre gonna try also) they wanted, but the point clear.

anyway there is a right and wrong and i know in my heart i am right.

top topics

join