It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semi-Auto Sponsorship Program?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I am a member of The NRA. You are clueless in regards our membership.

I know the head of the Russian Bank & Putin ally holds a lifetime membership.

So will the rest of America soon.

K~

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

LOL "You know" or you believe a shoddy Newsweek article?

I am going to say that of all the members I know and trained with...are quite sober and sensible. Gun safety is at the forefront of NRA members minds when it comes to armed citizens. We take responsibility for ourselves and hold one another to high scrutiny. You can look up the number of NRA members involved in mass shootings historically quite easily:
Based on the arbitrary definition of a shooting involving at least four deaths, there had been 130 mass shootings in the United States as of June 6, 2017, going back over the last 51 years. (This does not include gang killings, killings that began as other crimes such as robberies, and killings that involved only the shooter’s family.)

Information about how the guns were obtained is incomplete, but 248 different guns were used, at least 141 of which were obtained legally and at least 39 of which were obtained illegally; handguns were the most common weapons used, usually more than one, each of which takes about two seconds to reload, making limited magazines (commonly incorrectly referred to as “clips”) a minor inconvenience. None of the shooters were known to be members of the NRA.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What’s the position of the Russian bot army?

Solidly pro-NRA and against any regulation of guns.

Meanwhile, some accounts with large bot followings are already spreading misinformation about the shooter's ties to far-left group Antifa, even though the Associated Press reported that he was a member of a local white nationalist group.

Considering the ties between the NRA and Russia, there should be no surprise about which way these bots are steering the news.

www.dailykos.com...

Pro-Gun Russian Bots Flood Twitter After Parkland Shooting
www.wired.com...

K~
edit on 15-2-2018 by aethertek because: lnk

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

...and who is this sponsor going to be? ...and what makes him/her more qualified than I to decide what I may, or may not, own?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: neo96

that would help but the idea purposed does not infringe imo
please tell me how you see it as an infringement

Apply it to other rights.
"You need a sponsor to affirm your mental state and a certificate of training before you may exercise your freedom of speech"
"You have to be trained and certified prior to exercising your right to free religious beliefs"
"You must have a registered voter sponsor you before you may register to vote"
"If you do not have a certificate indicating you have been properly qualified to own property, your property may be immediately and entirely searched, seized, and even have soldiers quartered on your property during peace time"
"I'm sorry, you don't have a legal sponsor, so you no longer have the right to defense in this trial against you"

Jesus Christ, we have people in this country calling voter identification requirements racist, fascist, and unConstitutional, yet here we sit having people of a similar mindset advocating full scale attacks against an actual enumerated right. The answer, obviously, is "get bent." No further compromises will be accepted or permitted on this issue... if folks are that GD afraid, then they need to find an exit door and use it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Russia has draconian firearm laws, so it makes sense that freedom friendly Russians would support the American organization that fights to ensure the same failed draconian laws don't take root in our free nation.

BTW, I'm loving the presence of "Kremlin connected Russian banker/billionare/businessman" narrative in all of the links you keep spamming ATS with in regards to this. Name me anyone in a position of wealth in Russia today who didn't have some sort of Kremlin tie 30 years ago when Russia's political system collapsed. Obviously poor people in Russia aren't going to donate to the NRA... but plenty of wealthy Russians visit America for hunting purposes, meaning it behooves them to participate in America's defense of our 2nd Amendment Rights.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

K~

So the NRA is bringing money back into the USA from foreign sources? From where I stand that's beautiful. Repatriated dollars are the best dollars!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Excellent point

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

There're a lot of smart people that can be said to have a screw or two loose out there. While the folks with a mental problem fall through the cracks in our health care and mental health system all the time, you want to give someone with a mental health problem one more reason to kick it up to the next level by banning them firearms.

Besides steal or buy (back alley), make is an alternative.

Does the government need to keep track of home lathes, milling machines and other tools. If you buy titanium round stock, block aluminum, brass sheeting, some chemicals and a few other things do you need a visit by some LEOs.

Make is a pain and somewhat tedious but it's done.

The tool (guns) is not the problem, it's how we treat each other so the ones that have a screw or two loose don't have reason to go off.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

K~

So the NRA is bringing money back into the USA from foreign sources? From where I stand that's beautiful. Repatriated dollars are the best dollars!

Glad you're getting your jollies about segments of our society conspiring with a hostile foreign power, meanwhile America is on the hook for another 760 billion dollars this year for defense needs against your buddies the Russians.

We're not building 6th generation fighters to bomb camels.

K~
K~

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

K~

Glad you're getting your jollies about segments of our society conspiring with a hostile foreign power, meanwhile America is on the hook for another 760 billion dollars this year for defense needs against your buddies the Russians.

We're not building 6th generation fighters to bomb camels.

K~
K~

Cold War created the largest middle class boom in history right here in the USA not that long ago. Bring on those new fighter jets stat!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Sure take the food & healthcare from children in this country to pay for your war toys while you venerate & assist it's enemies.

What a patriot.

K~

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Build that middle class back up and their parents can provide those things for their children as it is supposed to be in the first place! It's a win-win scenario all the way around.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

i think you missed the point
this would not be dependent on the nra or any joe smashing stuff
the point you missed was the need for serious training for serious weaponery
your link was seriously lacking any supporting facts for your staetment and really serves to undermine the idea presented.
thanks for the knee jerk you should get that checked

I sort of agree...but its a vague point. I have 2+ semi autos and have trained, licensed and carry daily. Why do I need more training..or any more "serious weaponry" that most of us do not need? My hand guns are serious and I need no assault anything....

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The help of the NRA?

The same NRA who has been taking Russian blood money to finance these terrorist attacks disguised as "school shootings".

The same NRA who has immature idiots like this moron (who should not have access to guns) committing deranged acts of anger for no rational reason.
www.mediamatters.org...

K~

I checked your mediamaters source with breitbart and they disagree. They suggest that I check withe the American Rifleman and find out if it’s true.
edit on 15-2-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

We need to understand it's an issue of peoples hearts. That's where the violence comes from. If a person runs around hitting people in the head with a hammer they are still likely to die. It's not the tool used to do it. It's what's in the person's heart that the problem lays.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

When applied to other rights it still comes out the same.
This would not be an infringement that would stop anyone from getting a gun that should have a gun.
Your argument would work if it was not already full of holes.
Having a sponsor or co signer to get certain weapons is a good thing.
Most people would already qualify and the system could be adjusted to weed out certain inexperienced disgruntled people.
Let them go to the alley to get their weapon and we already have laws to deal with that.
The rights you claim to have you really do not have in the manner you describe but it does make for a good post.
One common thread in many of these shootings is poor character of the shooter and having someone vouch for a new gun owner would cause ones friends and acquaintances to really ask themselves if the person could be responsible.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

if you could prove me wrong

That's not how the burden of proof works.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

i am not burdened at all

you would first have to have the open mind to hear receive and accept

most of these shooters would have been stopped if a co signer or sponsorship program was in place for novice gun owners

if you look at the shooters themselves they were loners that people would not vouch for.

again not an infringement if a path exist
free the males

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join