It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC chairman Ajit Pai is under investigation over $3.9 billion media deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: StallionDuck

a reply to: Incandescent

Ummm...I thought the end of net neutrality was going to be the end of the internet...?

Yet...here we are...conversing on that very same platform...

Not only that...we have the presumption of innocence in this country...not the labeling of guilt before the fact...

Your opinions notwithstanding..."reportedly investigating"...does not a crime make...

Nor does it even qualify as truth or fact...or even as newsworthy...

I allege...that you are biased as per this story...which is supported by your statements...
Therefore my allegations are factual and truthful...

YouSir

Apparently you don't watch much on the internet. A LOT of the time, internet speeds at various sources like Netflix and Youtube and others are crap! If I want to watch a movie uninterrupted and without dropping down to crappy resolutions, I have to do it at certain times and that's usually late at night. It's not my internet because my speeds have not changed. I often test it when I'm having these issues to make sure.

YouSir are a denier

Ummm...actually...I use a boatload of streaming video...Netflix...Amazon video...Hulu...Crackle...I also game frequently online...

That being said...there's been no more or less latency issues than before...when we had net neutrality...

Frankly...I don't see any more of an issue than I did previously...

YouSir

Yep, same here. I think the other poster needs to take all that money he's bragging about and spend a little more on a better internet connection.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
According to a report in The New York Times, Ajit Pai and the FCC approved a set of rules last to allow television broadcasters to increase the number of stations they own. Weeks after the rules were approved, Sinclair Broadcasting announced a $3.9 billion deal to buy Tribune Media

You could be walking into the ATS lion's den with that. Sinclair is a very right-wing organisation with close Ties to Trump.
They have been quietly buying up well over a hundred, perhaps two by now local TV stations, and mainlining Trump stories, ala propaganda.
I did know that some of the buy ups were controversial over the last couple of years, I didn't know that the relaxing of the FCC rules was anything controversial at the time, and just fortuitous for Sinclair, but Sinclair TV does have a political agenda that much I have known,

www.theguardian.com...

More here from American observers,
thesternfacts.com...

There are connections too, with the Council for national Policy, a very secretive Washington group, with very dodgy leanings, who selected Trump a couple of years ago as President...Bannon, and Conway are among the members there...but there are many more.
www.splcenter.org...

edit on 15-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Ummm...I thought the end of net neutrality was going to be the end of the internet...?

Not only that...we have the presumption of innocence in this country...not the labeling of guilt before the fact...

Your opinions notwithstanding..."reportedly investigating"...does not a crime make...

I allege...that you are biased as per this story...which is supported by your statements...

YouSir

Apparently you don't watch much on the internet. A LOT of the time, internet speeds at various sources like Netflix and Youtube and others are crap! If I want to watch a movie uninterrupted and without dropping down to crappy resolutions, I have to do it at certain times and that's usually late at night. It's not my internet because my speeds have not changed. I often test it when I'm having these issues to make sure.

YouSir are a denier

That's your experience with your ISP. Mine is vastly different. So I guess its a moot point.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You want to kill the man because of net neutrality?

Jesus man. Have you really thought this through? Do you casually demand death like that or is it reserved for FCC chairmen and the like?

I'm no fan of him or what he did, but he is still a human being. He didn't even take anyone's life savings or physically hurt anyone. You may benefit from a perspective change.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There must be many people who think net neutrality is a switch connected to the internet that is switched on and off with a result of this with it, this is without.

The full extent of it's loss isn't being seen at this point. More fun is in the works.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Did he sell it to the russians?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: FamCore

You want to kill the man because of net neutrality?

Jesus man. Have you really thought this through? Do you casually demand death like that or is it reserved for FCC chairmen and the like?

I'm no fan of him or what he did, but he is still a human being. He didn't even take anyone's life savings or physically hurt anyone. You may benefit from a perspective change.

First of all, I said if he is guilty... and secondly, I meant "fry him" as in charge him with whatever crimes he is guilty of, not murder him.

You misinterpreted what I posted
edit on 16-2-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

YouSir

YouSir are a denier

Ummm...actually...I use a boatload of streaming video...Netflix...Amazon video...Hulu...Crackle...I also game frequently online...

That being said...there's been no more or less latency issues than before...when we had net neutrality...

Frankly...I don't see any more of an issue than I did previously...

YouSir

Yep, same here. I think the other poster needs to take all that money he's bragging about and spend a little more on a better internet connection.

What money are you referring to? I didn't mention anything about money in that post. I'm simply calling it like I see it. Nothing has changed on my end before and after yet the evidence is in the results. If you have netflix, you can tell when your bandwidth drops because the resolution drops. It isn't often you can watch something in true 720 muchless anything higher anywhere else. Almost every single one of my streaming sites that I subscribe to have the same issue but a couple of others do not. There is an obvious difference. Something got throttled. Other people notice it as well. I'm not the only one voicing this issue.

So.... Show me the "money".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join