It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida shooter was white nationalist.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Majorsetback

why is everyone downplaying his connections to white nationalism? the jereb guy said that cruz had participated in drills with the group, and now he is walking back his involvement. why is everyone being so defensive that the kid was some kind of racist? is it because he also happened to be a trump supporting gun lover? that doesn't mean every trump supporter is a racist gun lover but this guy sure was why are people trying so hard to deny it.

put your identity politics aside and call a spade a spade just like you do when you get mad at muslims for not denouncing terrorism every time some muslim commits a terrorist act.

It doesn't matter.
He killed people.
People do not care what he did before killing people.
He is a psychopath.
Nobody, outside of here, cares what he did before he killed people.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

You do realize the kid was on psychotropic medicine!? Likely that was the cause of him ditching rationale thought and not his ideology.
edit on 16-2-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Majorsetback

why is everyone downplaying his connections to white nationalism? the jereb guy said that cruz had participated in drills with the group, and now he is walking back his involvement. why is everyone being so defensive that the kid was some kind of racist? is it because he also happened to be a trump supporting gun lover? that doesn't mean every trump supporter is a racist gun lover but this guy sure was why are people trying so hard to deny it.

put your identity politics aside and call a spade a spade just like you do when you get mad at muslims for not denouncing terrorism every time some muslim commits a terrorist act.

Hey I'm not downplaying this incident. It's tragic and apparently if anyone has blood on their hands it's the FBI for being so incompetent and missing not one but two clear tips that this kid was about to break. Say something do nothing!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

i'm not blaming it on racism. i put the blame on the over medication of our children.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

The blame should be on the offender. From there the causes can be taken aim at.

I'm of the opinion that this goes much much farther than meds or guns. It's societal.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

yup thats what i have been saying if you go back and read my earlier posts i blame society and the over medication of our youth. look at the mass shootings in the u.s something crazy like 99% of the shooters were on some kind of anti depressant or drug. i am ashamed at what we have become as a nation.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
amp.cnn.com...

"In a private Instagram group chat, confessed school shooter Nikolas Cruz repeatedly espoused racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic views and displayed an obsession with violence and guns."

"One member even joked about Cruz's particular venomousness, saying that although he hated black people, too, he didn't "to a point I wanna kill the (sic) like nick."

Cruz said he hated black people simply because they were black; Cruz hated Jews because he believed they wanted to destroy the world.

After one member expressed hatred for gay people, Cruz agreed, saying, "Shoot them in the back of head."

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"During one of the anti-Semitic rants in the chat, Cruz spoke of his birth mother, saying, "My real mom was a Jew. I am glad I never met her."

Roger and Lynda Cruz adopted Cruz when he was a child. Roger died in 2004, and Lynda died last fall after an illness."

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Here, have a look.

www.nytimes.com...

Know what they all have in common? They were people. Know what the differences were? Many, and not divided along race, religion or ideology.

However, you guys keep giving the dregs of society credence by attributing this to them. Shine the light on them so they can be heard.

My god the herd is real.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
the kid sounds like he was completely off his rocker. self hating racist, he couldn't stand his own skin. have to wonder if it was the meds and what or who influenced his world view.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

indiscriminate killing, just like the terrorists. do you think they care what the color of the people they kill are? they kill more of their own kind than anything. this kid was a home grown terrorist.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

No, I don't think they care about any human. Maybe they don't even have an ounce of humanity left.

To be clear, the hatred is real and it wasn't qualified by a single factor. Does terrorists by definition apply? Probably not as I don't know of any political motivations.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

And this topic is discussing the alleged association he had with white-nationalist/identitarian ideology, they exist, pretending they don't, normalising them just lets them continue

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

the kid sounds like he was completely off his rocker. self hating racist, he couldn't stand his own skin. have to wonder if it was the meds and what or who influenced his world view.

That is it.
We don't know what influenced his view of the world.
But some feel that they can pin it down to their own world view.
It doesn't work like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

And who is doing the normalizing? Who/what is throwing the already distanced from entities back into the social construct? Then, who is repeating it?

An anecdote: I remember the KKK and similar hate groups holding rallies. They obtained the permits and had their meetings/marches. The news even sent a reporter down for the 6 o'clock news to report. Outside of the reports and the marchers, no one was there. It was just them in their own little bubble and even the media didn't get close enough to capture their message.

Now? Every move the make is telegraphed and repeated.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Just for the record, that term refers to "Ethnic nationalism". It's not simply "a nationalist who identifies as white/black/yellow/red". So if I were a black man who believed in nationalism, I'd simply be a nationalist. But if I believe in a nation only for black people, then I'd be a "black nationalist" (one who wants a black nation).

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Why on Earth is this thread being allowed to continue when the FBI and the white nationalist person have already said he was not involved with that group?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I’m i the only one that isn’t surprised by this? It seems we have more to fear from these domestic terrorists than the border crossers from Mexico.
says

thehill.com...

According to the FBI, 67,642 murders were committed in the U.S. from 2005 through 2008, and 115,717 from 2003 through 2009. The General Accounting Office documents that criminal immigrants committed 25,064 of these murders.

To extrapolate out these statistics, this means that a population of just over 3.5 percent residing in the U.S. unlawfully committed 22 percent to 37 percent of all murders in the nation. This is astounding.

www.slate.com...

([T]aken from SPLC's records, confirmed by outside news accounts, and supplemented with additional research) is a list of 37 deadly attacks since Oklahoma City—comprising a total of 77 victims—carried out or believed to have been carried out by white extremists.

So add in the 17 from Florida and that is 94 documented victims of presumed white nationalists since 1995. That's 23 years, or 4.1 victims per year.

Meanwhile you have 25,064 murders caused by illegal aliens in 6 years... or 4,177.3 per year.

Just for morbid curiosity I looked up the stats on mass shootings in the USA: 1077 in 50 years

www.washingtonpost.com...

...or in other words 21.5 per year.

So let's sum up:

White Nationalists: 4.1 per year
Mass Shooters: 21.5 per year (including some Nationalists)
Illegal Aliens: 4,177.3 per year

But yeah, White Nationalists are a problem

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You know that all the victims were white, right?

I didn't see any black kids that got killed.

edit on 2 16 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I am not sticking up for neo-nazis.

But they didn't even want him. So there's that.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join