It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Arrested For "Child Abuse" For Forcing Student To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

AMEN! Just by reading some of these comments, it's easy to conclude that there are a lot of "snowflake" parents raising a lot of "snowflake" kids. Lifting a trouble maker out of their seat and removing them from class now constitutes 3rd degree assault...WOW. Kid probably gets a way with murder at home and whines like a baby when he doesn't get his way. I'm so glad I was raised in the "Baby Boomer" generation. Yes "sir," no "ma'am," holding open doors for seniors, doing favors for neighbors, respecting servicemen and law enforcement, respecting our Constitution and country. So many disrespectful, rude, whining kids these days,who care about appearances, not outcomes. They are self righteous and intolerant of other peoples ideals, just like their Liberal parents.
edit on 2/15/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/15/2018 by shawmanfromny because: grammar

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Liberty and justice for all. Great. Very wise words.

Liberty means what? Freedom to do as you're told? Or freedom to say, you know what, not today. Or ever, if I'm so minded.

That's liberty. Freedom to disagree. Not, however, freedom from consequence. What I'm seeing here is a whole lot of over-reaction from all sides.

I stand for both the pledge, and the national anthem. But I also understand that people have the right to not do so. Don't like it. Don't like it, a lot.

That child did nothing wrong. The teacher, along with many others, over-reacted.

Maintain discipline in the class room? Send the kid to the principles office, let him deal with it, that's his/her job, after all.

Filing child abuse charges? Nonsense. At most, a reprimand.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ursushorribilis
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

So any rule established by a school should be followed?

None should be followed.

It's only a rule and not a law, but while we're at it, let's just follow laws we like.

So the next time you're at the movies and some old geezer lights up a marlboro next to you, change your seat coz I'm not moving.

edit on 2 15 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
the chargess are excessive ... but id never put my hands on a child agressivly ... some people dont press charges

my mother as a child once only once was paddled bye her princible her dad goes to the school drags him outside and beats him within a intch of his life

some people like to disaplin there own kids that man got really mad if you tried to do his job ... also was a drill sargent for years so he defintally didnt need help

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: namehere

AMEN! Just by reading some of these comments, it's easy to conclude that there are a lot of "snowflake" parents raising a lot of "snowflake" kids. Lifting a trouble maker out of their seat and removing them from class now constitutes 3rd degree assault...WOW. Kid probably gets a way with murder at home and whines like a baby when he doesn't get his way. I'm so glad I was raised in the "Baby Boomer" generation. Yes "sir," no "ma'am," holding open doors for seniors, doing favors for neighbors, respecting servicemen and law enforcement, respecting our Constitution and country. So many disrespectful, rude, whining kids these days,who care about appearances, not outcomes. They are self righteous and intolerant of other peoples ideals, just like their Liberal parents.

all that about a trouble maker who did nothing wrong as stated over and over again

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This is another great thread.

"Back in my day we got beatings, and we liked it! If you didn't follow Miss Crabtree's orders she smacked you silly and it made you a good little Do-Bee. Thinking for myself is too hard, thank the Baby Jesus for my public education that had that liberal sprinkling of corporal punishment I received."

edit on 16-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

"Back in my day we got beatings, and we liked it! If you didn't follow Miss Crabtree's orders she smacked you silly and it made me a good little Do-Bee. Thinking for myself is too hard, thank the Baby Jesus for my public education that had a liberal sprinkling of corporal punishment."

Unless I'm mistaken liberals around here are bagged as soft weak and pathetic, we're you beaten with feather dusters, wielded by pink tutu wearing maidens...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Unless I'm mistaken liberals around here are bagged as soft weak and pathetic, we're you beaten with feather dusters, wielded by pink tutu wearing maidens...

I'm not a liberal and my old man used to use the belt on my brother and I. Can't say it taught me anything other than pissing him off in the morning after he'd been out all night was not the greatest idea but sometimes we did it anyway because after awhile it doesn't hurt as much as he thinks it did.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I take it he was a conservative.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Not the religiously mental kind but he did vote Republican.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Not standing for the pledge is not being disrespectful in class.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

Nope. I didn't put my hand on my heart as a kid and I was in school in the sixties and seventies. No one said a word. People just didn't get all prissy about it back then.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Rolls eyes.

I'm so sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: SeaWorthy

And yet during the era of corporal punishment, and saying the pledge.

How many mass shootings were there?

You mean back in the days when Russia was the enemy?
The days of the McCarthy era?
When it was okay to beat kids and wives.
Those were the days . Men were men and women had dinner on the table by five.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

AND...

There were no assault rifles available to school kids either.
So you may have a point.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Like ripping a kid out of their seat to force them to pledge to a banner?
Yeah I sure hope actions have consequences.
edit on 2162018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
the chargess are excessive ... but id never put my hands on a child agressivly ... some people dont press charges

my mother as a child once only once was paddled bye her princible her dad goes to the school drags him outside and beats him within a intch of his life

some people like to disaplin there own kids that man got really mad if you tried to do his job ... also was a drill sargent for years so he defintally didnt need help

So how long was your grandad in jail?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

"Back in my day we got beatings, and we liked it! If you didn't follow Miss Crabtree's orders she smacked you silly and it made me a good little Do-Bee. Thinking for myself is too hard, thank the Baby Jesus for my public education that had a liberal sprinkling of corporal punishment."

Beaten by BOTH dads.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or a drunk.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

AND...

There were no assault rifles available to school kids either.
So you may have a point.

Are you sure? Pre 1986?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join