It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Arrested For "Child Abuse" For Forcing Student To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Flag worship isn't patriotism and physically accosting someone isn't discipline.

Now, she get's to find out first hand why she isn't entitled to mandate the former, or engage in the latter.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
An opinion that is becoming increasingly unpopular around here.

The teacher was in the wrong. Period.

link   
Nowdays it's not the parents job to teach manners & discipline to their kids, just blame the teachers for everything...

link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

This is some indoctrination.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

God forbid people actually know this country is a Republic, and that we are one nation, and liberty and justice is for ALL.

How dare people say that!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ignorant_ape

This is some indoctrination.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

God forbid people actually know this country is a Republic, and that we are one nation, and liberty and justice is for ALL.

How dare people say that!

Constantly repeating words does not teach the meaning or definitions and the accuracy of all of those things is debatable.

And this is ignoring the fact that the pledge is not as old as the county itself and has undergone numerous changes over the decades.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

And that was the last thing you wanted. But the left have rallied against discipline because it's mean. They'd rather kids grow up disrespectful for some reason. I'll never understand their desire to form millions of brats. It sets the child up for failure once they reach the real world and in the long run, it ends up hurting them because they can't deal with a single issue.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

Right, and the parents didn't teach the child that you listen to what the teacher tells you or face the consequences.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

Right, and the parents didn't teach the child that you listen to what the teacher tells you or face the consequences.

Good ol’ Authoritarianism masquerading as discipline and patriotism.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

And this is ignoring the fact that the pledge is not as old as the county itself and has undergone numerous changes over the decades.

Who cares.

Anyone taking issue with these words.

Is the problem, not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Are Liberals responsible for the erosion of traditional values in our country? Are Liberal parents responsible for raising spineless, disrespectful kids, who will complain to authorities when they're offended or don't get their own way? Sure seems that way.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Who cares.

Anyone taking issue with these words.

Is the problem, not the other way around.

Yep that’s the American way alright, never question authority.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

1. Your experience in parochial school is irrelevant. There's no data to show that kids who got smacked with rulers grow up to be anything other than people with stories about getting smacked by nuns.

2. The school policy is that students are allowed to stand or sit during the pledge, so your assertion that the student was "unruly" and "disrespectful" for not standing for the pledge does not hold water.

3. The school policy clearly does not permit teachers to dispense corporal punishment so this is inherently a case of an inability for this woman to restrain herself which calls into question how effective old school discipline was in her life.

4. Admonishment is verbal.

5. You don't know if the kid is a "brat" or not.

6. Your idea of a "hero" is apparently any person who will use force to compel behavior you deem appropriate which is a bit bizarre.

7. We got along just fine without the pledge of allegiance for most of US history.

I went to school in the 80's and 90's. Up until about high school, corporal punishment was still a thing but even then, it was dispensed by the school administrators, with the consent of parents.

I also wonder how you reconcile reality with your "snowflake" "me me" theories that result from political conditioning. The violent crime rate is way below historic highs. Hell, the murder rate is probably half what it was 30 years ago.

You can see how that doesn't add up right?

People who grew up in the time of more corporal punishment and less participation trophies committed more violent crimes. For your assertions to be valid, you'd expect the exact opposite to be true.

link   
a reply to: neo96

oh FFS - please comprehend what i wrote - it was not that complex .

but now that you has quoted the text - try reading it

with liberty and justice for all.

FORCING people to utter that is a sick joke

link   
a reply to: neo96

Knowing the pledge and being forced to repeat are two different things.

link   

So an adult decided to use physical force on a child who wasn't hurting anyone, wasn't disrupting anything, and posed no threat to anyone, simply because he wouldn't bend to her will, and she is charged for violating his person... sounds about right to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

That must be why we've had over 80 years of gun control.

That authoritarianism, and the new indoctrination being shoved down children's throats bout saving the planet.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

Except in this case the teachers face the consequences.

link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

Good ol’ Authoritarianism masquerading as discipline and patriotism.

Yeah, back when the parents made the rules and enforced them, kids were able to be successful in the real world. When the child makes the rules and runs the parents, he fails in the real world because he no longer makes the rules and is often times driven to shoot a school or business right after he kills his parents for not loving him enough. I don't know if you would rather see your children fail due to your own failures, but I'd rather discipline mine and watch them succeed in the real world. But I care deeply for my children. Family comes first around my house, not political correctness.

link   

who will complain to authorities when they're offended or don't get their own way

Unlike this thread where you're complaining because you're offended that somebody else's kid, someplace you don't live, isn't being compelled to do what you want by force?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

That must be why we've had over 80 years of gun control.

That authoritarianism, and the new indoctrination being shoved down children's throats bout saving the planet.

Lol, flail much?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join