It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-life mass shootings: the subject Hollywood dare not touch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There's Rampage (2009). Dude sick of ignoramous Amerika culture makes a "Juggernaut Suit" and goes on, well, a rampage.

Of course it isnt "real life" motives as typical, because its the MSM Mass Shooter Contagion Effect that drives the perpetual cycle of people seeing people become 'celebrities' for mass shooting, and decide they want to be "famous" too.

A well known thing that is surprisingly not talked about around here, and largely ignored every time I bring it up. But hey, the MSM told the 'left' to make it all about attacking gun rights, and told the "right" to make it all about sticking up for gun rights, so lets all just do what they tell US to do and keep the entire discussion centered around guns instead of their hand in driving the perpetual cycle of kids etc getting gunned down for hardly any other reason.

edit on 15-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This isn't real life, but this movie seems to take from the Columbine shooting.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Hollywood movies and video games glorify shooting lots of people as fast as you can. Naturally they would not make a movie about how successful they have been at generating these mass shootings.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's my point. They would want to white wash any connection between a violent movie culture and mass killings.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Give me the old movies of the 40’s 50’s 60’s maybe 70's

Bogie and Hitchcock
Jimmy Stewart

Some today are great, Kubrick, Scorsese, Spielberg

Tarantino’s a sick guy, his movies are filled with sick violence

edit on 15-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Hollywood doesn't like school shooting movies because there's no hero, and no happy ending. Nobody is saved. Nobody comes to the rescue. Not that there aren't movies like that, but they make little if any money. Hollywood likes to make movies where our virtues are confirmed, not where we fail.

Thats not entirely true. The film Titanic had a shooting scene, a rescue scene below decks (she chops his handcuffs off with an axe). The Antagonist chases the lovers around, banging away with a .45.

I'm pretty sure none of that ever happened, in 'real life'.

The only thing undramatized by HollyWood is real footage, which they and the News media usually misrepresent and spin their way, anyway.

edit on 16-2-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well said. Or the 'successful' endless wars the gubment is responsible for (and the media downplays).

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

A well known thing that is surprisingly not talked about around here, and largely ignored every time I bring it up.

Because it falls on deaf ears. The world is full of warmongering, gaming, gunning, superheroes, conditioned to violence and ignorance.

Want to check out a good PBS / POV Doc, see Do Not Resist. Trailer:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Higher Learning

Basketball Diaries

American History X

and Pearl Jam - Jeremy.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wow, that trailer is really quite moving and insightful

Please Amaerica lower your arms on each other

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hollywood would much prefer (or perhaps has been ordered by proxy dollar contributions) to present a surrealistic positive view on the gun. American superheroes are actually mass murderers, but it's okay, because they are the 'good guys', and cannot do anything morally wrong, even if they level a city whilst 'protecting' the good ol' US of A.

The NRA would not like to see films portraying guns as an evil tool, otherwise their profitable industry of selling actual weapons of death would go down the toilet pretty quick. I wonder...to whom the loudest voices of opposition would be to a gritty realistic film on the subject of Sandy Hook, or the Las Vegas shooting?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join