It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro_Life Violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
There is a big differential between the morning after pills, and birth control pills. Your second link was concerning the banning of 15 yr olds from getting abortions.
I stopped there. Believe me, a woman can get an abortion in the south, and they can get birth control pills. Just as easy as anywhere else. Maybe people do care a little more in rural and Southern areas-

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There's a dif.? So one is BC and the other is what? Not BC? I see, you don't like what you read/the truth so you stop reading? Damn, those are some good blinders.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The morning after- think about that man, just too convienent, is it not? Is that actually birth control? I do not see it that way.
I've had enogh of this thread, for sure. I hope you one day will realize the reason why abortion is wrong. The lives of millions have already been taken, I just wish adults/teens having sex would take responsibility for their actions and quit killing the innocents. If you have unprotected sex- well what do you expect?
I'm out of here-

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Journey]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
The morning after- think about that man, just too convienent, is it not? Is that actually birth control? I do not see it that way.
I've had enogh of this thread, for sure. I hope you one day will realize the reason why abortion is wrong. The souls of millions have already been taken, I just wish adults/teens having sex would take responsibility for their actions and quit killing the innocents. If you have unprotected sex- well what do you expect?
I'm out of here-

What do you mean by "souls have been taken".
If you mean in the Christian sense then aren't those souls automatically going to heaven? Totally skipping life on earth where they could # up and end up in hell.
Sounds like a good deal to me....

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Lives have been taken, please modify. Result of dyslexia. I will edit, and thanks for the question.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Ok, I am a mass murderer for i masturbate, I kill millions everyday! Wait, I am smart enough to know that it isn't human, no more then a tapeworm(both parasitic) or a virus/zombie/tree(both not living, but "alive")

That was an idiotic statement at best. I didn't say anything about what you do with your little peepee. I said at the point of conception brainiac. That is the point after the egg has been fertilized by the sperm. By masterbating, you are preventing eggs from being fertilized by your sperm. It's a good thing for you that your parents didn't think you were a parasite when you were conceived or we wouldn't be blessed with your presence.
Why do you insist on turning this into a Christian thing? Talking about the church losing tithes by people aborting babies. I think Ladyv has made this point very well. She is not Christian, but against abortion. It's not a Christian thing, it's a life thing. I can quote some scriptures if you would like, but it's not necessary here.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
using the bible to prove people shouldn't kill each other is a pretty weak argument considering millions of people have killed each other over that book. You shall not kill, and I will kill you if you don't believe this!!!

It doesn't say that in the Book jawapunk. Just because some people don't follow doctrine does not make the text invalid. What 'millions' are you talking about? War is about money, power, politics, and land. Religion is the excuse/justification to the general public.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Wow, true though, that is 40,000,000 millions sheep the church doesn't have giving them money.

I can see why they hate it so, so many hands they can't steal from, so many little boys they can't rape, so many people they can't hate.

What is your problem? If you want to start yet another Christianity bashing thread, don't disguise it as "Pro_Life Violence" as if you care about the topic. Yeah, I'd like to argue these points with you but here is not the time or place. Sorry for the interruption folks, back to the TOPIC at hand.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

LadyV, abortion as BC is a myth.

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know several people...including one of my cousins that has done just that! So you are completely wrong! I know this for fact, because I know the people.

I'll second that LadyV, I knew someone who thought she was 'too young' and went through the procedure. Her description of life was each day waking up to that hell. Nothing is more expensive than regret.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
I am a capitalist.

Sounds cold and lonely.

Life comes in many forms. Bacteria, Trees, Birds, algae, fish, and on and on.
If you cared about all life in all its forms you could call yourself pro-life.

If you look up pro-life in the dictionary, it says:

Main Entry: pro-life
Pronunciation: (")prO-'lIf
Function: adjective
: ANTIABORTION
- pro-lif·er /-'lI-f&r/ noun

Please don't change my language.

If you only care about other people's fetuses you should call yourself pro-human-embryo or pro-embryo.

Semantics. Write to Merriam-Webster.

If we don't slow down the growth of human population we will kill off many/most(?) other life forms. How can you call that pro-life? Sounds like pro-BS to me.

Population control is not the goal of abortion or being pro-life. We're discussing people's wants ('I don't want a baby') vs. compassion for an unborn child ('S/he has a right to live'). Being all scientific about it doesn't persuade either.

Does anyone else but me think pro-embryoists are part of the evolution machine? The base mechanism of a species that blindly tries to dominate its environment by endless expansion.
Sort of a biological freight train that has no intelligence or foresight.

Who cares? The key word here being 'cares'.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It's no-ones business to tell a woman what to do with her body, especially not the government. Any attempts to outlaw abortions would be a violation of civil rights and an encroachment of government into public life that's unacceptable.

Governments should not interfere in people's lifes as much as possible, I am sure most conservatives would agree with me here in regards to social welfare, social security and healthcare yet they do think government should interfere with a thing such as abortion. Insanity

Really who do these people think they are to try and tell someone they don't even know who lives thousands of miles away from them and force them not to be able to have an abortion, an act which does not harm them in any way possible? It's none of their business, none of their concern nor is it any of the governments. Thank god Australia is still pro-choice even though some of our most prestigious politicians disagree with abortion yet still believe in pro-choice.

I believe around 190,000 people are born each day in the world, it's not as if there is some huge crisis going on with our population growth.

The stage of development that foetus's are at during abortion they aren't that much different from other mammals anyway, yet we have no qualms about that nor do they have the neurons and neural pathway built for memory storage yet or are they physically aware or concscious. They are nothing better than biomass, no better than plankton, why cant people realise this?

The pro-life people sicken me, if every life is sacred these people would close down the death penalty and argue for more humane punishment such as life in prison, because apparently it's no-one's business to say what time someone goes except gods, yet there is a direct contradiction there.

WHY CANT AMERICANS BE AGAINST ABORTION MORALLY YET ACCEPT PRO-CHOICE AS A CIVIL LIBERTY FOR WOMEN IN A MODERN PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY?

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 17-2-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The Libertarian Party has the right frame of mind on this issue These guys are actually SANE conservatives and I commend them for that and respect their fiscal conservativeness greatly

Women's Rights and Abortion
The Issue: Recognizing that abortion is a very sensitive issue and that people, including libertarians, can hold good-faith views on both sides, we believe the government should be kept out of the question. We condemn state-funded and state-mandated abortions. It is particularly harsh to force someone who believes that abortion is murder to pay for another's abortion.

The Principle: We hold that individual rights should not be denied or abridged on the basis of sex. It is the right and obligation of the pregnant woman, not the state, to decide the desirability or appropriateness of prenatal testing, Caesarean births, fetal surgery, voluntary surrogacy arrangements and/or home births.

Solutions: We oppose all laws likely to impose restrictions on free choice and private property or to widen tyranny through reverse discrimination.

Transitional Action: We call for repeal of all laws discriminating against women, such as protective labor laws and marriage or divorce laws which deny the full rights of men and women.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Yeah don't the anti-abortion folks realize that sometimes it's better to not be born?

Why not let the person in question decide?
At least give the kid a chance. He/she can not help being born in a wrong situation.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
WHY CANT AMERICANS BE AGAINST ABORTION MORALLY YET ACCEPT PRO-CHOICE AS A CIVIL LIBERTY FOR WOMEN IN A MODERN PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY?

The answer is people against abortion are trying to protect the rights of a person who cannot speak. Protection for a crime against humanity. A form of amnesty, if you will.

www.amnesty.org...

The closest example I can think of is an animal activist who call the SPCA regarding animal abuse/beatings in their neighborhood.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
The closest example I can think of is an animal activist who call the SPCA regarding animal abuse/beatings in their neighborhood.

Sorry but this comparison is ridiculous.. the animals they are trying to protect are not inside a woman's body.. protecting them is not at the expence of another human being's liberty.

---

I am pro-choice.. not pro abortion. I am equally disgusted when a woman is dominated into continuing a pregnancy against her will.. and even more disgusted when she is coerced to terminating it. I only have respect for a minority of pro-lifers.. judging by the pro-life sites they seem more interested in trying to control women's sexuality. If they really cared about these 'babies' they would do anything and everything to prevent their conception.. but they don't.. they seem more interested in preventing the behaviour that causes pregnancy.. and not teaching ways to prevent the pregnancy itself. Yes abstinence prevents it.. but thats not realistic.
If a woman is going in to have an abortion because she'd enjoy the prospect of killing her own child yeah she'd be a murderer.. if she uses it purely as a form of contraception.. [not sure if this happens or not] well I would question her ability to be a nurturing and responsible mother anyway.
As for rape.. I can't imagine anything more cruel than for a woman who has been brutilised to have people trying to force her to keep inside her what the rapist left behind. While I really respect women who have the mental strength to go through this added trauma.. other women might never recover.
To the subject at hand- someone who shouts 'muderer', or physically abuses in this cause.. has no morality anyway so have no right to bully others over morality. This definently is not compassion- it's pure domination. A caring person would care about the mother's life and would see her life just as valuable. They have no idea what these women are going through- do not live their lives and and do not know their motivations or circumstance that led them to making their choices.

You can't extend a helping hand when pointing the finger.
[yeah thats a corny saying but it's apt.]

[edit on 17-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by saint4God

Sorry but this comparison is ridiculous...the animals they are trying to protect are not inside a woman's body..

You're right, it's a human life inside a woman's body. I should've given a more respect and a higher regard for human life in that case.

Originally posted by riley
protecting them is not at the expence of another human being's liberty.

It sure is infringing upon another human being's liberty. Would it not be my right to discipline my dog how I see fit even if I end up killing it? Then the SPCA is going to come onto my land and interfere with my freedom?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Oh yes, so human, something that looks like slime with some solids in it. You do realise that abortion is done in the first part of the first trimester, right? They don't wait till like 6 months later then abort it. Something that is smaller then my thumb without all it's organs formed is not human. It is a freaking zombie, it isn't dead, it isn't alive.

Also, went on pro-life sites, 2 of them gave insructions on how to make bombs with these temputure timers.(Mercury therm. required, at night it cool, in day it gets warm, so when it gets warm the mercury rises and say, it reaches 60 degrees, the connection is completed boom)

And again, they don't care about kids, humans, children, babies, they care about fetus. they are pro-fetus, not pro-life. They don't care if they kill 20 people in an explosion, that woman didn't get an abortion, course, she's dead now, bombs tend to do that.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Oh yes, so human, something that looks like slime with some solids in it.

Hey now, you were that slime with solids in it at one time too. I won't let you insult yourself that way without objection

You do realise that abortion is done in the first part of the first trimester, right? They don't wait till like 6 months later then abort it. Something that is smaller then my thumb without all it's organs formed is not human. It is a freaking zombie, it isn't dead, it isn't alive.

So...it's okay to kill toddlers because they are not really rational adults nor have their adult teeth?

Has s/he undergone cellular division by meiosis and is growing, using resources provided by the mother? Then it is alive. Viruses are suspected to not be alive because it does not require these things. Everything above them biologically is considered alive.

Also, went on pro-life sites, 2 of them gave insructions on how to make bombs with these temputure timers.(Mercury therm. required, at night it cool, in day it gets warm, so when it gets warm the mercury rises and say, it reaches 60 degrees, the connection is completed boom)

Yeah, that's pretty sick, I agree.

And again, they don't care about kids, humans, children, babies, they care about fetus. they are pro-fetus, not pro-life. They don't care if they kill 20 people in an explosion, that woman didn't get an abortion, course, she's dead now, bombs tend to do that.

*nods* That's why I quoted Exodus earlier.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Again, the fringe element of the pro life movement kills people. They are just plain sick and even though I am pro life if I were given knowledge of such things and had to opportunity to turn them over to the authorities I wouldn't hesitate.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Jukyu, thanks to let people know you don't have to kill people to be pro-life.

And yes, I was a puddle of slime with some solids, and then I I became more sometime around the second trimester. But abortions aren't done in the second trimester.

Toddlers are humans, why do pro-lifers think that? WHat? that to be pro-choice you have to go to a nursery and blow it up like pro-lifers blow up hospitals? Sorry, we pro0choice doesn't have any blood on it's hands.

And this post isn't whether or not abortion is right or wrong, but that the pro-life nutjobs kill dozens to keep a puddle of slime from being removed. I still can't find ANYTHING that shows pro-choice people blowing up hospitals or doing drive bys on church goers. But get plenty of "woman beaten to death when leaving abortion clinic." "Hospital wing destroyed in explosion, rest burning down hours later, body count currently reported at 27, with over 60 people still counted as missing."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join