It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro_Life Violence

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Now if only you pro-lifers can stop and think this way as well rather than try and ram your ill-thought out, one-sided, selfish and controlling beliefs down people's throats, you just might come up with the first small step to mending the divide.

With language like this, is it any wonder there is a divide?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's both sides, Christians have a history for killing anyone who doesn't agree, everyone holds this against them. Christiains hold against everyone else they don't think that the christian god is the right one, and so the divide is made.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
It's both sides,

*nods* I can see that, but I think we're reached some agreements

Christians have a history for killing anyone who doesn't agree, everyone holds this against them.

I'm Christian. Who've I killed?

Christiains hold against everyone else they don't think that the christian god is the right one, and so the divide is made.

I've had many friends both Christian and non-Christian (plenty of other religions). Wait a sec, I thought you said it was both, now it's our fault?

[edit on 14-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Uh, lets see, how many crusades? Thankfully Islam still survived or the Renisance never would have happened, we would still be living in the dark ages under the thumb of the church. Witch trials, Inquistions, the "heathens" known as Indians given blankets with small pox to kill them so they could take the land of god for themselves, many things.

No, you didn't kill anyone, but when was the last time Jews killed Jesus? Not lately, but people still blame them for killing Jesus.

And it is both sides, but more like 45% non-christian, 55% christian. Even more now that the church is defending/hiding over 25,000+ child rapists. Although a Bishop has finally apologized for the Church's actions and say the victims who have come out should be thanked and praised for their courage. So there is a step in the right direction to mend the void, taken by the church.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Uh, lets see, how many crusades?

Which was not about religion.

Thankfully Islam still survived or the Renisance never would have happened,

Christianity killed but Islam hasn't? Interesting...

we would still be living in the dark ages under the thumb of the church. Witch trials,

Religion used as a cover yet again.

Inquistions,

Which was about church power, not Christ. A good read-through of any gospel will account for what the church should and should not be doing.

the "heathens" known as Indians given blankets with small pox to kill them so they could take the land of god for themselves, many things.

You said it. It was about land. Talk to James K. Polk and his 'manifest destiny' plans, but God didn't have a hand in it. I say we should give a few states back.

No, you didn't kill anyone, but when was the last time Jews killed Jesus?

The followers of Christ didn't kill Jesus and all the first followers were Jewish.

Not lately, but people still blame them for killing Jesus.

Yeah, getting a little tiresome of hearing about that.

And it is both sides, but more like 45% non-christian, 55% christian. Even more now that the church is defending/hiding over 25,000+ child rapists.

Although a Bishop has finally apologized for the Church's actions and say the victims who have come out should be thanked and praised for their courage. So there is a step in the right direction to mend the void, taken by the church.

What church? Apparently not the one I go to.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Christians fault? If everyone followed our rules there would be nothing like this! All the satanists, Jews, Terrorists, heathens, would all be sent to meet their god, SATAN!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Local Toledo Church. After a priest was taken to trial for killing a nun who caught him....... And the secret documents covered up by the church proving they were hiding/suppressing evidence of the child molestation not only by that priest but others as well.....

Polk is dead, know where his grave is?

Crusades was about religon, the corruption of religon, but still religon.

And Islam has killed, I was just stating that if they hadn't gotten into Europe we might still be fearing thunder as god's anger and hoping we don't fall off the edge of the flat earth.....

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jestaman
If everyone followed our rules there would be nothing like this!

And if you followed christianity's rules you wouldn't be calling rape victims hoars.. you pick and choose the rules you want to follow.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
They are whores, God hates whores, why do you think his main rules are against sex? Even more since they got mankind thrown out Eden. A woman wanted the head of John the Baptist, it is always a woman, weak, emotionally weak, physically weak, just weak. Why us men must defend the children from them.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

They are whores, God hates whores, why do you think his main rules are against sex?

1. Mary Magdeline was a prositute.. and if christ is meant to be god he doesn't hate them.
2. how tf is a rape victim a hoar? Rape is not sex.. it is a violation. A hoar is someone who sells sex for money.. a rape victims is someone who is it's forced on. Why is it you don't know the difference between consentual sex and rape? Or doesn't it matter if a woman says no?

Even more since they got mankind thrown out Eden. A woman wanted the head of John the Baptist, it is always a woman, weak, emotionally weak, physically weak, just weak. Why us men must defend the children from them.

So if your mother/sister walks home from the supermarket and gets dragged off and raped she's a hoar? Who's going to defend these rape victims from concieving these 'defenseless children' in the first place? You make it sound as though rape is a right of passage.
I can't believe that even after you got warned you still have this opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of misongry sites on the net where you could promote rape.. maybe you should join one of them instead.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by riley]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

They are whores, God hates whores, why do you think his main rules are against sex? Even more since they got mankind thrown out Eden. A woman wanted the head of John the Baptist, it is always a woman, weak, emotionally weak, physically weak, just weak. Why us men must defend the children from them.
You are absolutely correct, God hates whores, including the young boys sodomized by priests and those good Christian men, it was after all the fault of the boys given your mindless charge against women of rape. Those same Christian men sodomoizing those young boys or seeking out the female whores are absolute saints I tell you, they even get to be named as such after they die.

Nice God you have there, you can keep him.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Just a few general thoughts here.
Sperm is not a baby.
An Embryo however IS a baby in an early phase.

If you fail to see the difference between sperm and an embryo, then I am not sure wether a conversation with you is of any use.

Second, "truthseeka" humans can be quite stupid, and christians are (surprise) also humans, get over it allready.
We have enough christian-bashers on ATS without your ignorant rambling.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Oh and James, you seem to enjoy having the exact same discussion about christianity in every single thread that has something/anything to do with religion or christianity.

Just stick ot the topic okay?
Having to read your never-ending ignorance about my religions past over and over and over really gets old.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
One last note, jestaman is not exactly displaying the average christians opinion here. I think most christians would rather see people like jestaman be put away in some mental institution.

The bad thing is not that loonatics like jestaman exist, the bad thing is that christian-bashers use people like jestaman as an excuse to bash christianity and christians, while it is quite clear jestamans statements really have nothing to do with christianity, they only display his own problems.

I am a christian, and I can't help it that jestaman is like this!

God is more intelligent than any of us, meaning that He understands like noone else why some human beings are not responsible for the horrible situation they are in.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I am going off topic a little, but Saint said that the crusades weren't about religion. Are you saying they had nothing to do with religion or that religion wasn't the driving force behind them. Because I can guarantee you that relgion did play a major part in them. The greed of money and trying to open up land routes through Asia also played some roles, but the ridding of the holy land of Islamic control was a major factor. If you can prove to me otherwise I would love to see your sources. So then as a Christian you must agree that this is a source of killing others because they aren't of your beliefs.
Today the killing has merely been dampened to a condemning to hellfire, I guess I'll take hell rather than being stoned because as a rational human being I know there isn't a hell.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
So then as a Christian you must agree that this is a source of killing others because they aren't of your beliefs.

If christianity wouldn't have been the excuse for killing people, there would have been some other excuse to do it.
People have been killing and damaging eachother always, with and without christianity, you can not be serious and blame anything solely on christianity.

Today the killing has merely been dampened to a condemning to hellfire

Christians that condemn you to hellfire are plain idiots. They will have to answer to God for the things they say to people who are wrong according to them when their life is done. You can not tell someone He is going to hell, humans just do not have that kind of information. Jesus never did that kind of things either, it's just plain dumb.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

If christianity wouldn't have been the excuse for killing people, there would have been some other excuse to do it.
People have been killing and damaging eachother always, with and without christianity, you can not be serious and blame anything solely on christianity.

I do agree with this, I would like to add that Christianity is the only faith that preachs follow or Die, go to hell what ever.

The same tactic that the US goverment is using this very instance. A fear based tactic, If your not with us your against us.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I agree, thanks for being honest. But many people I have met have told flat out I am going to hell, merely based on my disbelief. If that is what you believe, fair enough, thank you for telling me I am guaranteed an eternity of torture etc. It is with almost a satisfying masochism that it comes out of their mouths, it is this perversion of beliefs that makes me sick.
I didn't mean for it to sound as if Christianity is to blame for hatred and murder, only to point out the fact that they are in no way absolved from those crimes, that in no way have murders NOT been committed in the name of Jesus etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
The bad thing is not that loonatics like jestaman exist, the bad thing is that christian-bashers use people like jestaman as an excuse to bash christianity and christians, while it is quite clear jestamans statements really have nothing to do with christianity, they only display his own problems.

So people should ignore the woman bashing because not doing so will be considered christian bashing? Jestaman wasn't the only one. Read the entire thread, he is not in the minority with that attitude. On the flip side saint4god for instance has had more civilised and productive opinions.

I am a christian, and I can't help it that jestaman is like this!

And people who also call themselves christians also bomb clinics. It is your job to filter out the distructive lunatics from your religion [to protect it] so they do not harm society.. if you do not.. non christians will.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You know that the bible never actually says you are going to hell if you do do not believe in God.
The bible says there is no other way to heaven and God than through Jesus Christ. That's quite a difference.

You do not have to choose God or not before you die, which leads me to believe you somehow will still be able to choose for God after you die.
The only thing is that God loves you and that God wants a bond with you while you're still alive, rather than when your life is over.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join