It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro_Life Violence

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I'm faily certain you are male so biologically you can only have a certain level of insight.. and I'm fairly certain you do not know the personal lives of the three billion females [give or take] on this planet anymore than I know your life.

We're agreed then. Neither one of us are three billion females. With that said, I'd still like to explore the morality of the issue to help council someone in this situation.

I can not think of any other justification for a mother to decide to get an abortion other than for herself.

So.. this is where you get the right deem rape victims selfish? [ignoring the disgraceful misoginry of Jestaman for a sec]

What again is the reason these mothers-to-be are making the decision? If it's so they don't have to remember the rape then yes, it is selfish to not consider the baby's right to life.

I'd call them 'desperate' not selfish.. I do not know who they all are but would not assume they all do it for petty self serving reasons..

I agree they would feel desperate. I agree I should not have implied a blanket statement saying 'all' since we are not three billion females. Just challenging the school of thought. I'd really like to know what reasoning would be there other than selfishness. I don't know of a case where someone had an abortion to save the baby. Always open to being corrected though.

and thats not even counting medically neccesary abortions [I'll research it later].

Key word being -decide-. I know there are family members who force it and that is wrong.

I completely agree.. I find it just as apporhent for someone to coerce a woman to kill a fetus she considers a child as to force her to have it against her will. I am prochoice not pro abortion.

I'm glad we agree on that. Can we convince the 18 - 25% who do it for this reason to not do it because a family member is coercing? That in itself would be an excellent victory in human rights I think.

I've read (and posted on this thread) the statistics so I'm not making this assessment SOLELY on my accord as some apparently think.

Granted.. you have shown some willingness to try understand the woman's situation.

Thank you! Likewise I appreciate your approach to the subject matter with more reason than emotion and leaving pride by the wayside.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
This is the real world people. There's much greater issues than abortion to get upset about.

Do you agree or disagree that every human life is important?

Side-note: Where's the pic from? Looks like a game with decent graphics.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Technically...an abortion can be performed at any age, since its known that the baby is alive...and thus its murder to begin with.

The only thing we have to do now is make it so the govt can order abortions.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First, it isn't a baby unless sperm is a baby. Not until the time they are illegal to be done unless there is threat to the mother.

Well, except for Kansas, strangely about 1,000 late term abortions were done where the mother wasn't in danger.... but in Florida and just about every other state the late term is done due to risk to mother or because they did not know they were pregnant until later or some other reason they had to wait till later to do the abortion.(read links I posted for the information on Kansas, Flordia, and other states)

Kinja, you have negative points, how? Mods are pretty liberal when it comes to warnings, you have to do something pretty bad to get warned so much you have negative points.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

from www.dushkin.com...
FIRST MONTH:
Fertilization occurs
Zygote implants itself in the lining of the uterus
Rapid cell division occurs
Embryonic stage lasts from 2 weeks to 8 weeks
Cells differentiate into three distinct layers:
the ectoderm, the mesoderm, and the endoderm
Nervous system begins to develop
Embryo is 1/2 inch long
SECOND MONTH:
Heart and blood vessels form
Head area develops rapidly
Eyes begin to form detail
Internal organs grow, especially the digestive system
Sex organs develop rapidly and sex is distinguished
Arms and legs form and grow
Heart begins to beat faintly
Embryo is 1 inch long and weighs 1/10 ounce
THIRD MONTH:
Head growth occurs rapidly
Bone formation begins to form rapidly
The digestive organs begin to function
Arms, legs, and fingers make spontaneous movements
Fetus is 3 inches long and weighs 1 ounce

Sorry, but this does not sound much like sperm to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Code 3How about if YOU answer my question...RU486?
Was that aquestion you posed before I asked mine?

It doesn't matter anyway your silence is deafening. I call it hypocrisy. Now on to yours, what is an RU486?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4GodWhat I miss? I thought I hit them all but you're saying I didn't answer one. Please restate.
Par for the course with your selective interpretation always followed by a quick veer off course.

Look back at my questions, review your answers then refer to my post made back to you. If you are going to play the fool and tell me that last answer especially addressed my question, then you will never be acknowledged by me again. I find that ploy abhorrent, and despise dodgers, denial and deceit.

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
By the way, are you male or female?

Irrelevant to the discussion between moral and amoral, nor am I looking for a 'date' here.
As I had reasoned, you are male and therefore feel quite safe to be delivering verdicts to women as it will never happen to you, at least not to make you pregnant with the bastard seed anyway. I hope you have no daughters or grand-children who find themselves in a position of being pregnant and beaten by a vicious man.

I think I am understanding why tormented minds become born again, it is a delusion so they can escape their own minds, and use that delusion to pass judgement on victims who themselves have been mistreated by tormented minds.

Actually, with that, my decision is made, I am absolutely disgusted.

[edit on 3/10/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I hope so because that's the only good that would come out of anything you've just said. It is clear you're not interested in any civil, open-minded discussion. I work with people who step on others everyday so you're really not giving me any 'shock treatment' here. Par for the course, have a nice day.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
First, somewhereinbetween, what? Mind reborn? Confusing.

Second, saint, was that to him or me? I have put up links that support both sides of the arguement, while more support me, but I don't control google, so I don't controll what sites come up when searching late term abortion.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I didn't specify as I should've. We're in agreement that pro-life violence is abhorrent. I also respect your ability to see late-term abortions as wrong. We're still on two different views on early-term, but I think we've both maintained a good discussion and have learned stuff from each other.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yes, we have. And I am surprised by the amount of late terms done where mother is not at risk....

Also, better to debate then get a bunch of people agreeing with you. Know how much it sucks when you post something and everyone agrees with you? Sure it is nice, especially when you are right, but it gets boring, just everyone saying good job, yep, that's right.

Find anything on late late late term abortions? Like 8-9 months? I haven't, thankfully.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hmpf, warned for defending babies from the evil of liberals.

You are surprised? Why? You people are killing babies, what is more surprising then killing innocent children?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Killing babies? THEY AREN"T BABIES!!!! Not until the time they are illegal to perform! I swear, no wonder you got warned. You and Kinja are cut from the same cloth...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So SWIB, only women have the right to defend babies? The men of this worlkd made them, we should have more right then the woman, after all, it was them being weak that got mankind kicked out of Eden.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Even better, some christian killed her kid for being the devil. How many Athiests kill their kids for being the devil? None, they don't believe in satan/lucifer/devil.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hey, that reminds me, how many Jews have killed their kids because the kid was Satan? Islamic? Buddist? Wiccan? Hindu? How many of them have drowned all of their kids in a bath tub one after the other because they were satan?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
its WORSE to bring a child into this world that cannot supported.

Adoptive parents do a wonderful job of supporting their adopted children.
Our daughter was adopted and she's doing just fine. The WORSE thing
would have been if her birth mother had killed her before she was born.
Then .. our daughter would have died a painful death, the birth mother
would have (statistically speaking) had psychological and/or physical
problems, and my husband and I would still be without a daughter and
our lives would have been MUCH emptier.

Abortion is worse than allowing the child to be born and adopted.
There are always good people who will adopt and support children.
The adoption waiting list in this country is years and years long.
(when we adopted, it was a 6-9 year wait).

For those who say that pre-born children aren't children - the unborn
suck their thumbs, sleep, hiccup, open their eyes, play with their toes ...
Doctors who perform surgery on children in the womb have to give them
pain killers. The poor children who are aborted don't get pain killers
before being ripped apart by suction, or before being burned to death
with saline ....

Excellent pro-adoption video -
www.rightmarch.com...

[edit on 3/13/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Question:

If abortion is so wrong, how do you explain miscarriages from a religious perspective? Is it God that is killing the unborn? If so, what's wrong with abortion? Ah yes, man should stop playing God...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Painful death? It doesn't have nerves.... how can it feel pain?

Also, ok, adoption. When EVERY kid is adopted, then you can say stop abortion, adoption is the answer. Well, except for the times the baby/mother dies because it was aborted......(the few like 7% of the times it is that) or where the woman kills herself because she can't abort the rapists seed.

So FF, start adopting, have about several million unwanted kids to go.....

Truthseeka, that is another thing, abortions happen naturally, so is it god supporting abortion? Or is it satan corrupting the soul so god forces it out before it is born or some other christian bs?

BTW. Nice to hear you have adopted, you actually do what you say. Instead of like most who say adopt, but then don't.... good job.

Also, anyone know how many kids are killed for being the devil by athiests/hindus/jews/islams/buddists/wiccans/pebble people?

[edit on 13-3-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Atheist don't kill because the kid is satan for they are satan, they are killing god's creatures for their master. And how do you know the kid wasn't satan? The Anti-Christ will be born, maybe god is trying to keep that from happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join