It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America & Guns

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Brit here. One of the reasons gun control works so well here is because we are an isolated island with no bordering countries. If we bordered Mexico, I can almost guarantee that guns would be much more common. Another thing is, our gunless society is still full of murders. Just google *insert city name* knife crime. If someone wants to kill, they will kill. I actually wish citizens were allowed to arm themselves here. I don't feel particuarly safe walking in some areas late at night and I know that if a gang with bad intentions were to attack me I wouldn't be able to defend myself if they were carrying knives or in a large group. I think if I could carry a pistol I would feel more secure. Also look at how much damage terrorists did recently, what with the Manchester bombings and the westminster attack. Guns are not a requirement for people to commit vile attacks. A bomb can be just as bad or worse. As others have said, if you take the guns from the citizens in the US, the criminals will be the ones armed, and their criminals aren't like ours, they are better organized, more dangerous and much larger in number. Humans are the problem, I think. It's very easy to sit on our little island and pass judgement, but just because some things work here it doesn't mean they will work somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DL432

There are violent scumbags anywhere in the world, the difference is if you had a gun so would all the gang members so you aren't really any safer . Maybe by perception but in reality you're just more likely to get shot instead of stabbed.

The only solution is to remove violent people and that's a cluster#.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GafferUK1981

Look..... Here's the issue.

How exactly would you get all theses guns we have here out of EVERYONE'S hands?

Do tell.....

Do you plan on door to door search and seizure? Because that is completely and 100% against our constitution, and would result in a Civil War. Guaranteed.

Do you plan to ASK for them to be turned over? Because that will get you about 1/3 of the guns, and not from criminals, you can be sure of that.

Are you wanting the UN to come in and forcibly disarm us? That's not going to go well for the UN, of that I am 100% positive. Want Americans to unite? Give us a reason, and that's a great reason.

Some estimates put the number of guns in America at over 660 MILLION. Ironically our population is 330 million. Almost exactly two guns per person. However, it's not actually that ratio, as many own no guns. That's their choice. That's a lot of guns. You can't possibly think they'd be able to get more than 1/3 without force.

I'm saying that you can't put the genie back in the bottle.

"Gun control" is a pointless measure, and it's never going to happen.
edit on 17-2-2018 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Maps, figures and charts

Here's a link to some interesting facts and figures surrounding gun violence.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

The problem with links like this is that statistic sources and polls and the like are often slanted to show what a particular group wants to show. They also often make disingenious compairons, for example, sure gun deaths go down in a country that has banned gunes, but often other other kinds of deaths increase instead.

Some interesting things in the link, but not all of it quite matches up with other links and information I've read, on both sides of the issue. It really boils down to which agenda you want to push.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This was a very long article, essentially establishing that guns grow on trees. Guns are very simple to manufacture, basic engineering. Any backyard engineer can manufacture firearms, ban them, the backyard engineer will be the next ballin black market boss!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join