It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump endorses 25-cent gas tax hike, lawmakers say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Omg ok this is going to take a bit to look though..
I'll check it out, love these kind of things.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You know what's worse? A good 40% of the working population received no tax cuts at all as they pay no income taxes - this is due to the fact their incomes are low.

And the truth shall set you free!

Why don't these low income workers go for the high paying jobs? Look on any job site and you will find several jobs paying $80,000+. Why the fawk don't they snatch that job! Please, tell me why they don't.

The rest of us got a tax break...

Wow... just wow.

The basic ignorance shown in this post should be used as a measure from here on out.

Why doesn't everyone just get a $80,000+ job.

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: YeeHaw

yea that was a lil over the top sly stallone type saying.. from the old dude of course take the money and thug your way through. lol

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
phased in over 5 years? ffs...its 25 cents. we get that much fluctuation every 3 days.
Just do it now

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You know what's worse? A good 40% of the working population received no tax cuts at all as they pay no income taxes - this is due to the fact their incomes are low.

And the truth shall set you free!

Why don't these low income workers go for the high paying jobs? Look on any job site and you will find several jobs paying $80,000+. Why the fawk don't they snatch that job! Please, tell me why they don't.

The rest of us got a tax break...

Right?!
And why don't homeless people just buy a home..shesh..homes are everywhere
Also, why don't cancer patience just get healthy..plenty of healthy people out there, why not just be that.

You're a mental giant...solutions man...shocking nobody else ever thought of this until you came around. Thank you Marie Antoinette for your wisdom..we are all richer for reading it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm all for this. Changes have to be made to repair the nations infrastructures.

This works for everybody. Its something that is needed and it will hurt, but it will help us out in the long run. Its like working out, it takes time and sweat, but the payoff is sweet.

This will undoubtedly lead to new perceptions and changed within society as well, biking and walking more, public transportation. More investments and purchases of electric vehicles and hybrids.

It will hurt those who work from their vehicles. But, it is what it is and I'm guessing plans to curb the additional cost will be implemented based on certain employers.

It's time to start putting our homes and nations before us and just do our part to make it better and more successful.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Vector99

Why don't these low income workers go for the high paying jobs?

You need to brush up on how the capitalist system works. Not everybody can go into high paying jobs you know that right? Market forces dictate a broad lower class to keep the economy running. If everybody was able to get that high paying job then the market would re-adjust as those 'special jobs' will no longer be special - much like flooding the market with diamonds - this will devalue their worth.

Correction. everyone CAN, but not everyone WILL.

The higher paying jobs are achievable, but they aren't handed out like prizes. you actually have to earn it.

To get one of those jobs, all you need to do is be a smart, reliable person.
That's it. None of that florida-like work ethic where you call out a few times a month. None of the lazy-ass "I'll just go on welfare for a while" mentality.
America was built by people who take responsibility for themselves, and these days the few who are left get those high paying jobs- and then pay those associated taxes. The jobs aren't even that rare, you can live an hour from the city in these parts and still find a local job with pay around 80 grand pre-tax (55 post tax) if you dedicate your life to a career.

I've got one of those jobs- all it took was working in the same field for a decade straight- working hard, not taking sick or 'personal health' days, and actually using my head when it comes to work.
All it cost me was my all my spare time, passion, and freedom- and all I've gotten in return is a decent paying career which has enslaved me, and a deep hatred for humanity and its byproducts.

Friends and family with # pay are jealous of my income- but not the life it requires.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
LOL,"law makers"doesn't that give you an idea it's a made up story,kind of like"WhiteHorseSouse"come on now use common sense if you have any,read true story's NOT"SOURCES"

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Love the tax cut for the middle class... Seems it's going to work out really well.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Right wingers aren’t real bright. The rest of us saw this kind of cheap coming.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The government hauls in more than enough money to function--it's the spending that is out of control, and both sides are guilty of contributing to that.

As much as I hate taxation, if it's going to be proposed, I much prefer a consumption tax versus an increase in the income tax. At least something like this can be somewhat controlled by the consumer as to how much they're going to spend on the product.

That said, 1/4 of a dollar for ever gallon is ridiculously excessive.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It is most likely time for a fed tax hike. This will be the first since 1993....That is 25 years ago...no wonder our roads suck.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

That said, 1/4 of a dollar for ever gallon is ridiculously excessive.

An increase of about 8% in gas cost that is spread across 5 years to help fix our roads is excessive?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Put some of that $600 billion we spend on military into our infrastructure maybe? We could half our military budget and still be the strongest military in the world by far. Sounds crazy though, doesn't it? That's obviously not an option, if anything we should raise the military budget because reasons.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
And first to endorse a tax hike? A greedy Democrat, no surprise there. 25 cents over 5yearsis better then when gas was $4.00 under Obummer!!

I thought unleaded is around the $4.60 a gallon, (American) at present??

Anyway, the 25% figure is a bad figure psychologically, not hard to figure that's another quarter of the whole thing added onto the cost, and a quarter is a lot in any body's book.
What's more fuel prices tend to be very 'volatile'
in the US.
edit on 15-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
New ¢25 tax proposal ✓
Crude oil prices down ✓
New tax reform and somehow many Americans thinks a bill enacted in 2018 affected their 2017 taxes ✓✓ and ✓.
All those major investors building new jobs and investing billions , nowhere to be found just yet ✓
Factories closing, lay offs camouflaged in the background after supposed tax laws enabled companies to give 'bonuses' ✓

Stock market showing signs of implosion✓
Failed attempts at provoking NK into conflict to fuel the war machine ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

Sessions first move was to remove the leash on private prisons and tried to attack the weed market with a hint of new 'stop and frisk' law... That failed.
We gotta make the rich get richer somehow right. The war industry is dying...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

And you know this how?or just another opinion you picked up reading liberal rag?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I thought unleaded is around the $4.60 a gallon, (American) at present??

Anyway, the 25% figure is a bad figure psychologically, not hard to figure that's another quarter of the whole thing added onto the cost, and a quarter is a lot in any body's book.
What's more fuel prices tend to be very 'volatile'
in the US.

Gas prices fell back down to Earth long ago. Probably 2012013. Right now I pay about $2.15 a gallon, in Texas.

That 25 cent gas tax, I would guess, is per gallon, not just 25 cents added on the end. Could be wrong about that.

No President has any impact on the price of gasoline, whether it shoots up in price or drops low.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That said, 1/4 of a dollar for every gallon is ridiculously excessive.

And I will repeat, "1/4 of a dollar for every gallon is ridiculously excessive."

So, yes, an 8% increase to compensate for something that we should already be able to afford with our current tax structure but can not because of government mismanagement of my tax dollars and its propensity and perpetual pastime of voting for ever more spending increases is excessive to me.

I'll return the apparent disbelief to you: An unnecessary tax increase on a relatively necessary item in American culture to pay for something that should be easily afforded under our current revenue income doesn't seem excessive to you?

And I'll add: Do you really think that the government will readily be willing to let that extra income go away at the tend of five years?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

That said, 1/4 of a dollar for every gallon is ridiculously excessive.

So 1993 Tax are still good, really? Your 1/4 statement doesn't even make sense. So gas is 3 bucks a gallon and your suggestion would put the tax at 75 cents per gallon and not 25c per gallon that Trump wants, so it is not 1/4 for every dollar, it is 25c for every gallon of gas, and that comes to basically 5 cents per year increase....We are talking about a little over 1% increase on cost per year for 5 years.

Not sure what you are upset with and I'm not sure what you are trying to say with your statement above.
edit on 15-2-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join