It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking Mass Murders to Psychotropic Medications

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Assassin82

So I asked you what qualifies you to claim that these medications cause people to turn into mass shooters and this was your reply

The side effects listed on the medications is what qualifies me to make that claim.

Are you sure about that.

Also the same medications are used all over the word so why does this side effect one effect Americans, why do the Swedish who also have a lot of guns not also suffer this side effect, why does this not happen in the UK or Australia?

That is where you claim falls down.

Well that and a lack of scientific factd

I would venture to guess they have a smarter population, the medications are properly prescribed, and they don't have an ignorant culture that idolizes fake and unattainable things. But, without any data in front of me...it's just a guess. Let me ask...did you even read the article or watch the video I posted from Dr. Brogan in the OP?

I would ask you stop taking this so personally. I'm not attacking those people with real mental health disorders. I'm attacking the way we as Americans mistreat and misdiagnose and overprescribe the wrong medications. The very companies that make the medications, are the ones who put the side effects on the label. So how am I in the wrong for making mention of that?
edit on 16-2-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I would venture to guess they have a smarter population, the medications are properly prescribed

Well I don't think you can generalise any population as being smarter, as for the prescription practices I know that in the UK they are over prescribed.

Let me ask...did you even read the article or watch the video I posted from Dr. Brogan in the OP?

Well I read the article but I have not seen the video you embedded.

I would ask you stop taking this so personally.

I am not but ok....

'm not attacking those people with real mental health disorders.

Dude the title is "Linking mass murders to psychotropic medications".....

That right there is what I really take issue with because you cannot prove that taking any medication will turn someone into a mass murderer.

Its factually inaccurate.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And in the OP, I said I wanted to have the discussion about the connection between mass shootings and psychotropic medication. A discussion...not a lecture. For the most part, I think the discussion has occurred.

If you're not taking offense to anything, then I apologize for making that assumption. I had the sense you were offended by said discussion. That sense was wrong on my part.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Let me ask you a simple question.

its a pretty straight forward one.

Psychotropic druges: There is no scientific evidence to support the hypothesis that they cause people to commit mass murder i.e.. School shootings.

Agree or disagree?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Psychotropic druges: There is no scientific evidence to support the hypothesis that they cause people to commit mass murder i.e.. School shootings.

Agree or disagree?

Disagree:

Evidence

Fact: Despite 27 international drug regulatory warnings on psychiatric drugs citing effects of mania, hostility, violence and even homicidal ideation, and dozens of high profile shootings/killings tied to psychiatric drug use, there has yet to be a federal investigation on the link between psychiatric drugs and acts of senseless violence.

Fact: At least 35 school shootings and/or school-related acts of violence have been committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 169 wounded and 79 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made public—neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs).

Fact: Between 2004 and 2012, there have been 14,773 reports to the U.S. FDA’s MedWatch system on psychiatric drugs causing violent side effects including: 1,531 cases of homicidal ideation/homicide, 3,287 cases of mania & 8,219 cases of aggression. Note: The FDA estimates that less than 1% of all serious events are ever reported to it, so the actual number of side effects occurring are most certainly higher.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Psychotropic medications; they are a common link to almost all mass murders.

If we really have to pinpoint a common link to 98% of mass murderes then we have to say 'male gender', not drugs.

There isn't one single common denominator between mass shooters, the factors that push them to such crimes are too many to mention, including having been abused in childhood/puberty, substance abuse, violent or neglectful social environment etc.

1 in 6 Americans take psychotic drugs, if they were to blame mass shootings would be happening more than once a week, not three times a year. And we would also see the same numbers of mass shooting all over Europe, for example, where the same high percentage of people take psychiatric drugs. But we don't.

The truth is that guns are the problem and countries with higher gun ownership rates have more gun deaths.

Our perception of mental illness is flawed. Flawed in the sense that we seek pills to cure our woes rather than face the fears of life head on. Those pills are disconnecting people from their own humanity.

On the contrary, most of the times people regain their humanity when they start taking those drugs, their anxiety calm down, the voices in their heads go away and they can finally think clearly and live normal lives. Of course they are going to have side effects and, just like with every drug, they will affect each individual differently.... but to blame psychiatric drugs only is wrong: a correlation is not a confirmed link.

There is a bigger picture we need to look at I personally think the problem lies on helping 'angry men' (18+). The past decades have helped women get more equal treatment but now we also have to help our boys. Male suicide rates are higher than ever and that's because many cannot find the right place in the world.

And make gun ownership as hard as getting a driving licence!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Agree or disagree?

No # Sherlock...

Philip Collins explains how the Illuminati took control of science... "The ruling class seized control of science and used it as an 'epistemological weapon' against the masses."

"Science" - The Matrix of Masonic Mind Control

Do not ask for proof, it will NEVER benefit a person whose eyes are closed to the truth.

originally posted by: crankyoldman
Do not ask for proof, you will never get it - ever. Ask to "know," as to "understand," ask to "feel," but don't expect another to show you something you cannot comprehend yet as that is impossible - you need to understand the language first, before you can see what is happening on the levels you question.

originally posted by: Skyfloating
A criminal who murders someone and wants to go undetected, will do his best to get rid of any evidence...And so, in case of cover-ups, we are left with very scant evidence...if any.
We have to do real detective work...speculate...extrapolate...connect dots... dismiss preconceptions...consider every angle...consider and re-consider...collect and discard information...

The work of the conspiracy-researcher is inhibited by what I´d here like to call The moronic tyranny of the "there´s no proof" crowd. This tyranny prevails in society, and on a smaller scale on this website.

Someone will engage in speculative conspiracy theory, and someone will come in and say "There´s no evidence. None whatsoever" or "There´s no proof" How have hoards of people having been brainwashed into the idea that we should only talk about whats already known?

Most people here are smart enough to know there´s not much evidence for conspiracy-speculation. And most are smart enough to know that evidence is not forthcoming because its either a) non-existent or b) covered-up. So the mantra "there´s no proof" becomes somewhat pointless on a Forum like this.

edit on 2.16.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Psychotropic medications; they are a common link to almost all mass murders.

If we really have to pinpoint a common link to 98% of mass murderes then we have to say 'male gender', not drugs.

There isn't one single common denominator between mass shooters, the factors that push them to such crimes are too many to mention, including having been abused in childhood/puberty, substance abuse, violent or neglectful social environment etc.

1 in 6 Americans take psychotic drugs, if they were to blame mass shootings would be happening more than once a week, not three times a year. And we would also see the same numbers of mass shooting all over Europe, for example, where the same high percentage of people take psychiatric drugs. But we don't.

The truth is that guns are the problem and countries with higher gun ownership rates have more gun deaths.

Our perception of mental illness is flawed. Flawed in the sense that we seek pills to cure our woes rather than face the fears of life head on. Those pills are disconnecting people from their own humanity.

On the contrary, most of the times people regain their humanity when they start taking those drugs, their anxiety calm down, the voices in their heads go away and they can finally think clearly and live normal lives. Of course they are going to have side effects and, just like with every drug, they will affect each individual differently.... but to blame psychiatric drugs only is wrong: a correlation is not a confirmed link.

There is a bigger picture we need to look at I personally think the problem lies on helping 'angry men' (18+). The past decades have helped women get more equal treatment but now we also have to help our boys. Male suicide rates are higher than ever and that's because many cannot find the right place in the world.

And make gun ownership as hard as getting a driving licence!

I would say that the natural violence in men has seen a drastic decrease over the past 100 years. But that doesn't take away from the fact that you accurately pointed that men are far more violent then women. Don't get me wrong...women can be a violent group themselves...but men will cross a certain threshold more times than a woman will, more times than not. There is still a primitive instinct that motivates some men to do horrible things. But, we are getting better at that.

I've already pinpointed several facts that demonstrate correlation and causation for violent, homicidal, and suicidal behavior as a direct result of taking such medications, and others with personal experience with the medications have also chimed in, so I will continue to lean towards that belief until I can find more definitive facts to change my mind.

What is your recommendation towards changing gun ownership? What's the fix, in your opinion, outside of getting rid of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Actually, never mind. I’m personally not interested in hearing anymore about gun control.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Actually, never mind. I’m personally not interested in hearing anymore about gun control.

That's a reasonable take on the subject. Maybe more laws would help. Maybe not. About all anybody can do is try to protect themselves, and if you encounter some lunatic trying to kill you, whether it's with a gun or bomb or speeding car, the best you can do is be aware and try to survive. Gabbing about it does nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So what qualifies you to make such claims because to me, someone who works in healthcare they seem fictitious.

There is no actual science that says taking these drugs turns you into a mass shooter for instance.

The side effects listed on the medications is what qualifies me to make that claim.

I worked in the healthcare system as an EMT and flight nurse for 15 years. So there’s that also.

yeah sooo.. which medicatoins are we talking about here EXACTLY?

like what is the actual name of the medicine...

...anybody?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yet another school shooting, and immediately the conversation turns to guns. This thread isn’t about guns though...it’s about what I believe to be the true and underlying force behind this social disconnect demonstrated by lost souls who go on a rampage and commit atrocities on a seemingly weekly basis.

Psychotropic medications; they are a common link to almost all mass murders. Our perception of mental illness is flawed. Flawed in the sense that we seek pills to cure our woes rather than face the fears of life head on. Those pills are disconnecting people from their own humanity.

Pills don't work without therapy and environment growing up is a huge factor. Not to mention genetics. I understand that a lot of people are out of the loop when it comes to mental illness. It is a multi-faceted, complicated matter that varies greatly case by case. Not to mention it is supremely over diagnosed, especially in children/young adults.

A huge problem with mental illness is the stigma of "you just need to tough it out.". You can. I have. But I've nearly lost my mind because of it. Bad times get better but when the feeling and legitimate physical symptoms of bad times remain regardless, we've stepped into a whole new dimension.

Insomnia. Paranoia. Self loathing. Zero appetite (except for alcohol/etc.) These are common "sometimes" feelings for most people. If you're me (or my grandmother, or my baby sister, or my wife, or her sister, or their father), they're the baseline. You start there and no amount of "Buck up, Cowboy!" is going to fix it when you're at your lowest.

It's not nearly as common as it is treated. Even my doctor lumps some people into the "lifestyle/self-induced" department, but they have legitimate depression in terms of brain activity and psych evals, so he isn't a "candyman" so to speak. I've never been medicated by any doctor outside of an internist and psychiatrist working jointly.

I also own multiple firearms and hunt and target shoot. I am still here. So are my loved ones and random people that have crossed my path. I can really only speak for myself and my immediate family, but mental illness is a real thing and I've never had any luck with a pill that fixes everything. I don't think anyone has.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

My point is that there are plenty of opinions and discussions going on about gun control. That’s a separate discussion. My personal focus is on what I think is a bigger contribution, which is psychotropic medications.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Pharm industry, hoapitals and links to mind control programs.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think you're simplifying the issue. The "quiet kids", the "weirdos" are facing a lot more than previous generations in terms of social interactions. They're hounded on social media, subject to constant ridicule over a medium that has exploded more than radio or broadcast television. And it's personal. All of it. We're not talking about the wimpy kid that gets picked on in school. We're talking about people getting pushed to the brink like they never have before.

Do medications share some of the blame? Absolutely. But they're not the root cause. I'd say one root cause is the society that churns out broken individuals who "can't handle it".

edit on 16-2-2018 by OrdoAdChao because: clarity

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Medication to young children for anything behaviour related should be last resort.

Anyone under age 25 using SSRIs should be in an institution under constant surveillance.

And I agree with the OP, nearly every mass murder involves psychotropic drugs.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

IMPORTANT Question to anyone, Which psyc drugs were they all on?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Asking the same question to start knowing which ones to avoid!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar

IMPORTANT Question to anyone, Which psyc drugs were they all on?

Give me time to get back to my computer and I’ll put together a list for you.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

originally posted by: and14263
Medication to young children for anything behaviour related should be last resort.

Anyone under age 25 using SSRIs should be in an institution under constant surveillance.

maybe you should be with delusional # like this

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join