It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internal conversation paints NYT staffers as 'parodies of hypersensitive liberal journalists'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Article

Ironically, gonna start this out with a trigger warning: the story is from Fox News. However, it's not an exclusive and was originally broken by HuffPost. Honestly, parody is what you would probably think this was if you didn't know better. It provides some fascinating insight into how these far-left "journalists" think when no one else is around. This is what started it all:

Liberal staffers are outraged because their colleague, conservative columnist Bari Weiss, quoted the Broadway sensation “Hamilton” and tweeted, “Immigrants: They get the job done,” in response to figure skater Mirai Nagasu – whose parents are Japanese immigrants -- landing a historic triple axel at the Winter Olympics in South Korea.

This is one very interesting part to me, my emphasis:

One staffer claimed “Asians don’t matter,” while numerous employees said they were “offended” by the tweet.

Asians don't matter? It's been a casual observation of mine over the years that a lot of these race-obsessed do-gooders are only really concerned about black and brown people, and don't care too much for the Asians. Obviously this comment is out of context, but I'd love to hear what this person's explanation is for it.

There's more little gems.

“I will no longer remain silent about our hostile work environment just so that it will be pleasant for others,” one apparently disgruntled employee wrote. “Frankly micro aggressions and people being obtuse cut the deepest … and this is DAILY.”

This is another potentially loaded comment:

“The diversity efforts here are nothing but lip service,” an employee wrote. “Let’s hire more tokens we can put in their place!!!!!”

Tokens? Are they pretty much admitting the only purpose of hiring minorities is to satisfy some feel-good metrics so they can say they're inclusive?

And then there was the reaction of the HuffPost writer to broke the story:

Meanwhile, the HuffPost reporter who obtained the leaked information sent a racially charged tweet mocking Weiss’ supporters. “Probably just a coincidence that everyone coming to bari weiss’s defense is white,” Feinberg wrote.

Wow, racist much HuffPo?

So what's the point? Well, the point is, can you believe some of our peers get their "news" from these people? No wonder US politics is such a mess. These people live in another world.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
After the things leaked in the Damore complaint against Google, the NYT and HuffPo are just scrambling to be that cool.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
After the things leaked in the Damore complaint against Google, the NYT and HuffPo are just scrambling to be that cool.

So it's a "hold my beer" situation?

new topics

join