It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Take The Big Bang Seriously

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

Care to cite who "them" are? Because you are not really describing what people think about the big bang there. Scientists will answer 'we don't know" but might postulate a hypothesis (like a 4 dimensional star collapsing to become a 4 D black hole).

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Gothmog

Which means the infinite universe is actually infinite.
We may well be living in an ever expanding "sphere".

Still can't wrap my brain around how something infinite in size can expand.

Is the universe infinite at this point ? Or infinitely expanding into infinity ?
Perhaps this may help
Think about starting here on Earth and traveling in a straight line across the universe with the end results returning to the exact same point you started from . Something like you can do here on Earth. But this would be on the inside of an ever expanding universe sphere.
edit on 2/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

And that would be if time really exists.

Time exists . Part of the "Chaos" Entropy . Else there would be no natural , measured decay of particles.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is the first thread I have really enjoyed in a while

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

you should check out more of the site then. lots more where this came from, many of them even more enthralling and informative.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Just wait until they admit (they probably know already) that our cosmos isn't expanding at all, but is in perfect stasis. It will be even more fun when that equilibrium is admitted to be how our entire solar system works and that it has nothing to do with an invisible man/woman in the sky.

We are still infants in our knowledge but believe ourselves to be all knowing gods.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

you should check out more of the site then. lots more where this came from, many of them even more enthralling and informative.

I know. I have been lurkin on this site since just about day 1 . I had an account back in 2004(?) but because of circumstances beyond my control I had to abandon.
I even remember the advent of 911 and the Face on Mars here . And Phage just starting out...
But , yes. Probably at least read em if not posted...

Still does not detract from my enjoyment of this one.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Just wait until they admit (they probably know already) that our cosmos isn't expanding at all, but is in perfect stasis. It will be even more fun when that equilibrium is admitted to be how our entire solar system works and that it has nothing to do with an invisible man/woman in the sky.

We are still infants in our knowledge but believe ourselves to be all knowing gods.

That would be difficult to do with the red shift of objects observed.
But , a thought nonetheless

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just think god is a sort of collective conscious of everything that exists. I doubt if god looks like us. Maybe he is a tree or something, who cares anyway.

The big bang is a joke, there is no way in hell that we can figure out how the universe came to be from this point in space. Oh yeah, I have no way of proving they are wrong in their theory, they have degrees hanging on their wall, they have money to assemble evidence out of cherry picked thin air to back their theory. They write the research parameters. I do not know how the universe was formed, I will admit it, I also know that their theory is probably wrong, the electric universe theory seems to me a little more relative than the consensus of the time theories that science has created.

If they get everyone to believe in the big bang theory, than it is considered real, I remember reading that the spanish forced the flat earth theory on everyone and it was considered real even though a lot of people knew the earth was a sphere.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: strangechristian777
Them: Where did God come from?

Me: He always existed.

Them: That's impossible. God had to come from somewhere. Nothing can always exist.

Me: Where did the material for the big bang come from?

Them: It just always existed.

Mind blowing how people can be so oblivious to what they actually believe.

There's a difference between some kind of energy or quantum fields always existing, and an intelligent, omnipotent, metaphysical dude always existing and then deciding to create a mind-bogglingly enormous universe so that he could just create Earth and put two humans there.

At least, we have a physical theoretical foundation for an endless and eternal quantum vacuum that occasionally produces a bubble universe. Is there a physical theoretical foundation for God?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Them: That's impossible. God had to come from somewhere. Nothing can always exist.

It's also mind blowing that people can be so oblivious to what others believe.

The material that the big bang came from doesn't actually exist.
For us to state that anything exists it must exist within spacetime.
Spacetime was created at the big bang so anything prior to that cannot exist.

That's why when you ask a scientist what happened at the big bang or prior the answer is either "physics breaks down when we get to the singular point" or "time started at the big bang so there isn't a before".

I think we're at the limits of our understanding.

There may be other forms of time that preceded the big bang. And that would mean there are other "things" which preceded the big bang.

None of which we would be capable of understanding.
And certainly none of which we can test.

Sure, it's not as satisfying as a god who created humans over billions of years to improve his self esteem.
But it's hard to beat a story that doesn't require evidence.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Unless there's some hidden force which spans the entire universe, to include the space between galaxies, nothing is coming back to a big crunch.

It'll all just keep floating away from itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The stark difference between evolutionist and creationist lies in the name .

Why i lean toward the former is because one understands that our knowledge is limited to our perceptions, thus call the explanation for the universe a "Theory".

Where as the other side claims absolute divine truth.

Both may be rubbish, but one recognizes that the ways we explain things is only relative to us. Why we need a begining is because our brains, imaginations and senses cannot perceive anything else. Because we are finite, we project such implications on everything else.

I can live with that. But I can't accept God created everything because he was bored and needed things to love it and worship it..
..I'll accept there are things beyond the human brains capabilities over just have faith. So far, the same scientists theorizing the big bang, also help create this internet we are using (sorry Al Gore), so far, I've not seen any miracles yet
edit on 15-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I hate that show. Sheldons not even funny

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

No.
That would contradict several very basic observations of the universe.
It won't happen because of some youtube video or such.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

as you start off with a strawman about what science says the big bag was

your not going to get very far

further - science - makes no claims to know what proceeded the singularity

several different hypothesesis exist for what COULD have created the conditions that led to the singularity - but there is no evidence to support any

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Me: There is no god

Them: Where did the material for the big bang come from?

Me: It was created when the expansion of space pulled apart quark and anti-quark pairs that then created further pairs
with energy from the expansion of the universe.
This quark-gluon plasma then cooled to form protons and electrons.
This then cooled to form hydrogen and helium gas.
The first generation of Hydrogen stars burned to form Carbon which you are made out of.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Then maybe science should shut up on this topic and people should be kindly reminded that The Big Bang is only a theory.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

when you utterly fail to comprehend what i wrote [ or for that matter what a scientific theory is - hint - its the resason that i use hypothesis to describe pre singularity events ] - then this discussion is going to go no where

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

Do we have to do this again?
Having to explain the word "theory"? That it is not a synonym for "we speculate without any substance or evidences"?

That, dear Incandescent is a hypothesis. The big bang theory is beyond this.

Far too many data from far too many different(!!!) sources pointing into the same direction: something BIG happened 13.7*10^9 years ago (+/- 0.5*10^9 years).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join