It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Take The Big Bang Seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Them: Where did God come from?

Me: He always existed.

Them: That's impossible. God had to come from somewhere. Nothing can always exist.

Me: Where did the material for the big bang come from?

Them: It just always existed.

Mind blowing how people can be so oblivious to what they actually believe.

edit on 14-2-2018 by strangechristian777 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: strangechristian777
Them: Where did God come from?

Me: He always existed.

Them: That's impossible. God had to come from somewhere. Nothing can always exist.

Me: Where did the material for the big bang come from?

Them: It just always existed.

Mind blowing how people can be so oblivious to what they actually believe.

If they are as similar in reasoning and logic as you suggest: why would the one that you believe in be correct, and the other wrong?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

If they are as similar in reasoning and logic as you suggest: why would the one that you believe in be correct, and the other wrong?

Because reason and logic doesn't come from nothing either.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Nice OP. The Big Bang Theory only makes sense if there is something to proceed it. Otherwise it is just an event.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

Are you referring to 'God' as the creator of Everything?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The Prime Mover. Add in consciousness--you know, that weightless massless phenomena responsible for society and everything we've created--and the scientific materialist is the Emperor without any clothes.
edit on 14-2-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The scientific community is always working new models and testing new data, while there isn't much of a consensus, it seems that the general direction is pointing to this... the universe continually expands and contracts over nearly inconceivable amounts of time.

The Big Bang May Have Been One of Many

It expands until it hits max, then it contracts, all the matter/data gets compressed until it explodes out again.

Parts of this theory can be tested and proved...

What drives the accelerating expansion of the universe?

But, I have to say, this in no way suggests that there isn't some omnipotent power pulling the plunger on the cosmic pinball machine every trillion years.

edit on 14-2-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I never bought the idea that one day something just exploded everything into existence .

Seems just as likely to me someone just turned on a power switch and there was light and we are all just holograms.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Think the Great Expansion (There was no explosion to call it a Big Bang)
Now , with that in mind , read Genesis 1 from the start
Substitute Heaven and Earth for the primordial particles that formed the "singularity" . And substitute the darkness to the empty space/time fabric.

"Let there be light" . And the Great Expansion began.

Just sayin

edit on 2/14/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I have these thoughts from time to time.
Some think that the universe started with a big bang, but will end in a big crunch, and the cycle repeats itself over and over. Kind of like breathing. Exhale/Inhale. I suppose it could be described as the Breath of the Universe.
To think, A universe made something that can observe itself. In order for that to happen, the essential parts of energy it takes to have conscientiousness would have to exist in order for conscientiousness to even exist, which could indicate that the beginning of the universe occurred with a thought, but in reality more of a sound, a waveform so to speak. A word.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone
Unless the modern theory of an ever expanding universe is considered. Space/Time is created in front of the universe and expanded behind as the expansion continues.(which also accounts for the expansion moving faster than the speed of light) . Which means the infinite universe is actually infinite.
We may well be living in an ever expanding "sphere".

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Think the Great Expansion (There was no explosion to call it a Big Bang)
Now , with that in mind , read Genesis 1 from the start
Substitute Heaven and Earth for the primordial particles that formed the "singularity" . And substitute the darkness to the empty space/time fabric.

"Let there be light" . And the Great Expansion began.

Just sayin

Reasonable.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ohhhhh this is just more one sided nonsense. Awesome.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Unless the modern theory of an ever expanding universe is considered. Space/Time is created in front of the universe and expanded behind as the expansion continues.(which also accounts for the expansion moving faster than the speed of light)

True. Would entropy play any part in it? And that would be if time really exists.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Experts say, according to the standard model of physics, the cosmos should have destroyed itself when it formed.

I would say the theory you mention would stand up better to the problems they are having.
edit on 14-2-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Ohhhhh this is just more one sided nonsense. Awesome.

This is a most interesting thread.
It really demands more of a scientific/religious thought than your standard political post
Well , like I said , it does require "thought"

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Unless the modern theory of an ever expanding universe is considered. Space/Time is created in front of the universe and expanded behind as the expansion continues.(which also accounts for the expansion moving faster than the speed of light)

True. Would entropy play any part in it?

The thermodynamic or descent into chaos and disorder entropy ?
I will cover both , as both are required by the very nature of existence .

Thermodynamic- You have to ask yourself if the dark matter/dark energy is infinite and that is what the universe is expanding into . I.E.creating space as the universe expands .

Disorder - Yes , but as it does decay in entropy , the entropy becomes a normal state

Out there I know...and probably put forward by no one else but me

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The big bang was made by a priest.

It has nothing to do with God.

Your extremely above your head from Aquinas to Einstein.

Do some reading.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The war of ideas too great for poorly trained minds continues as expected, I see. But one appeals to ignorance ("you can't disprove it") and the other appeals to diligent investigation ("we tested it").

From there, it's a matter of who is more stubborn. In a word, a pissing contest. Some horses will drown before they drink and other horses will insist that proves water is unhealthy for horses. Nothing new to see here.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Which means the infinite universe is actually infinite.

Still can't wrap my brain around how something infinite in size can expand.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You have to ask yourself if the dark matter/dark energy is infinite and that is what the universe is expanding into . I.E.creating space as the universe expands .

The expanding part could be explained away by the transition of one point in space on the wave of the fabric of space in relation to another point on a different wave moving in the opposite direction. It would only seem as if the expansion would be getting faster by the transitioning of the one point. And of course it will take eons to occur.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join