It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough. Public massacres and school shootings must stop.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Willtell

The culture where there are more guns than people

You mean that culture where 99.99% of the people that live in this country don't ever get shot.

That 'gun culture'?

So the massive population of 350 million people is the thing you depend on

So what a few thousand kids get slaughtered now and then

That’s only a small percentage

Boy oh boy

Medical industry kills hundreds of thousands but that is ok ?

Far FAR worse things going on all around but gotta focus on that as being the most terrible.

The brainwashing and lack of coherent reasoning stench is rising.

I guess it is just real easy to focus on it cause you can SEE the gun.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

If you have a society that needs to arm and train teachers then you have a broken society that more guns will never fix

..and the corollary is also true. If you have a society that needs to arm and train teachers then you have a broken society that having less guns will never fix.

Anyone who is honest about this... knows in their marrow the operative in that sentence which is the REAL issue... is "a broken society".

Per capita gun ownership has actually gone down... and laws are far more restrictive (you could buy a gun on the spot in a gas station for cripes sake) and yet the number of folks losing their s**t and shooting bystanders has gone up dramatically. Banning guns will work EXACTLY as well as the "War on Drugs". We will have heavily armed criminals... and disarmed citizens for whom, when seconds count... police will be quite a few minutes away.

On it's face, that suggests there is something ailing people now that didn't ail them before. Simple logic.

What is it? Again... anyone who's over 45 years old can have a conversation about this... they KNOW what's different.
edit on 16-2-2018 by dasman888 because: edit

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Willtell

The culture where there are more guns than people

You mean that culture where 99.99% of the people that live in this country don't ever get shot.

That 'gun culture'?

So the massive population of 350 million people is the thing you depend on

So what a few thousand kids get slaughtered now and then

That’s only a small percentage

Boy oh boy

Medical industry kills hundreds of thousands but that is ok ?

Far FAR worse things going on all around but gotta focus on that as being the most terrible.

The brainwashing and lack of coherent reasoning stench is rising.

I guess it is just real easy to focus on it cause you can SEE the gun.

Estimates of death by medical error push upwards of 200,000/year. The doctors involved in tracking this data admit, that they believe incidents of death due to medical errors are believed to be double or more what is reported.

Iatrogenic causative death is believed by many physicians, to be the 2nd leading cause of death in America. It IS already the number 3 cause of death... but is massively under reported.

Let that sink in for a few minutes... and then ask yourself what the agenda around gun control is really driving at.

"Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants"

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: Xcathdra

An AR-15 is a forerunner for the M16. If fires a 5.56X45MM projectile. Should the public have access to weapons with the same firepower as the military has?

The 5.56 is based on the .223 which is actually a pretty low powered small game hunting round. In many countries it is considered too small to use for small deer hunting. Hardly a super powerful projectile.

Really, cops done carry what ever they want? Then why are police departments acquiring military grade vehicles and equipment? Do you really think we need a militarize police department that bad?

In certain instances it is necessary to heavily arm and protect the police. They are not there to have a fair fight, they are there to stop the criminal as quickly and safely as possible. They do this through overwhelming force of numbers and equipment. To do otherwise puts innocent people at unnecessary risk.

Would you not agree, that there are far too many firearms out there on the streets right now, that perhaps having more would add to the problem? Or that only 3% of the population owning half of the guns is not a good idea? Does the average gun owner really need to have 8 to 17 guns in their possession at any given time, along with the ammo? I can see if a person is a hunter, or in a profession that uses firearms, having 3 or 4 firearms, but do they need 8 to 17?

You do realise that a person is only capable of using a certain number of guns at the same time? I can only think of 1 instance where the person having lots of guns made a noticeable difference (Las Vegas shooting). If someone has 100 guns and wants to shoot up a school, they will usually have 1 or 2. The other 98 guns have no part in the situation.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

"Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants"

The thoughts that will haunt the minds of the wicked when the populace is
disarmed.

I just don't trust the world enough to be defenseless, weak
and vulnerable. Unable to protect my family or at least die in
thier defense. that is a mans purpose even today right?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

War weapons are too important for a much, much bigger threat. True tyranny. Scoff if you will, but it can happen. It HAS happened many times in many societies. Eventually, it WILL happen here too, but so long as these arms are available to citizens the risk is minimalized. Such disasterous tyranny in our own country is probably a very long way away because of it.

It's truly sad when mass shootings happen, but the overall numbers are low. More people die in car wrecks in one year than have died from these kinds of mass shootings in America ever.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

(Long, long time lurker but 1st post)
I live in South Africa and we have lots of guns and gun crime here. We do not however have any School Shootings here either, lots of others but no indiscriminate shootings. We do not have the Culture here where Notoriety seems to be glorified by some elements of the Youth in the USA where shootings are aimed at pure Notoriery as opposed to crime / suicide or spousal murder.

Where I do believe in vetting and some sort of Gun Control it is reasonably difficult to get a gun legally here but certainly not impossible. It is however very easy to get one illegally. Though shootings via legal guns do take place every year the vast majority take place with illegal /unlicensed weaponry.

Australia being basically an Island albeit a huge one it is also easier to control gun flow to a higher degree than SA and certainly the USA with their Lax Border Controls.

With regard to School / Public Shootings and those shootings only it is not the guns themselves that is the problem or certainly not the only problem or else we would be having them here. It is certainly the glorification or Notoriety in the perperators mind (delusion / Mental illness) that leads to these shootings.

I can guarantee you that if School Shootings ever become a thing at our Schools, we would not hesitate to have armed guards on our premises it is just at the moment it is not a thing for us.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1
Kids get expelled from schools all over the world but it's in the states where they grab a gun and shoot anybody in their way.

There are psychos in all countries but in the states they go for their gun and shoot anybody in their way.

There are angry people all over the world but it's in the states where they flip , go for their gun and start shooting folks.

The problem is culture and you US folks are so brainwashed into believing in "the gun" you just can't see it. In fact you are so brainwashed that you actually think more guns will solve the problem! Holy crap!

I live in the UK and could get a gun. There is no law preventing me from owning a gun along with almost everyone else in the UK. BUT like the vast vast majority of people I have no desire or need to do so. We do not have a gun culture which means guns are not at the forefront of the mind of the deranged, angry and psychotic. Obviously some do nothing is 100% but nowhere near the US levels of obsession.

When I meet a copper in the streets he/she does not have a gun.

When a traffic cop stops me (speeding once) he does not have a gun.

When cops come to your house they do not have a gun.

It's your gun obsessed culture that kills people.

Oh and please don't give me the "constitutional right to bear arms" crap. Your constitution was written when it took 5 minutes to load and shoot one round pellet of lead from a musket. I somehow suspect they weren't thinking of semi automatics capable of killing a room of kids in seconds! That "right" was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves from an overbearing government. Back then governments didn't have nukes !!!!!!!!!!! Reality check.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

You are so right, it is shocking that people are suggesting schools need to be armed like in some warzone, very sad.

Feel much safer in the UK without a gun. Nobody needs them

"Its not the gun it's the person behind it" well yes but why have they got a weapon of war?

You can't control nut jobs but you can control guns - not had a mass shooting in the UK for 22 years, speaks volumes.

You have a problem you need to address America: edition.cnn.com...

More kids will die

Ideally you all need to loose all your guns, is the problem the fear that this can't be done effectively so you want to keep yours for protection still?

edit on 16-2-2018 by OOAdam because: edit

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DaveMU

Here I have a question, why has America have such lax border control?

Surely being the outwardly projecting military power they are, in Dog eat dog world the borders would have been neutralised and secured... Unless there was motive not to.

Britain conquered just about the entire globe yet we are to believe they have no power and influence.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Thinking about it more putting myself in a nutjobs shoes who had no regard for his own life I'd be thinking:

"I could cause a lot of damage with this AR15 - why not go out with a bang - # everyone - even if there were guns to defend schools they would be on the back foot by the time you'd have wiped out a classroom anyway - then # it if I die" (don't these people turn the gun on themselves anyway usually)?'

So more guns would not help IMO - unless you are having armed guards poised and ready at either end of the school - every school?

Just not allowing the nutjob to get the AR15 would have done the trick - whether that means not allowing anyone to own an AR15 so be it for the sake of kiddies lives.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OOAdam

Yep that's about it, the empowerment the gun provides is enough for some to unleash hell.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Getting rid of guns wont fix this. Taking a good look inward at our society and honestly addressing the factors that feed into this happening might. The gun violence is a symptom, not to root cause of what is happening. We live in a society that practically worships violence, and embrace new social media technologies that are largely socially isolating. why is everyone so surprised when this happens? Look at the movies, video games, militaristic foreign policy, etc., and you start to see that we have taught our children that violence is an acceptable way of getting what you want. We also need to start to build a mental healthcare infrastructure in this country. This kid did everything but walk up and down the street wearing a billboard stating he was going to do this, and he was largely ignored, we should be asking our self why. Also, I am at a loss that with all the domestic spying and the patriot act that is supposed to protect us, these people always seem to get overlooked. If it doesn't work, stop wasting taxpayer money with domestic spying.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaveMU
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

With regard to School / Public Shootings and those shootings only it is not the guns themselves that is the problem or certainly not the only problem or else we would be having them here. It is certainly the glorification or Notoriety in the perperators mind (delusion / Mental illness) that leads to these shootings.

I can guarantee you that if School Shootings ever become a thing at our Schools, we would not hesitate to have armed guards on our premises it is just at the moment it is not a thing for us.

Thank you, and I agree.

If our media took steps to give no mention of the shooter's name and focused on the cowardice of such acts it might make an impression.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: Violater1This kid did everything but walk up and down the street wearing a billboard stating he was going to do this, and he was largely ignored, we should be asking our self why.
You might want to ask yourself why he was legally able to buy a gun if he was in such obvious distress. You think that could be problematic? Do you think that could be addressed with a few controls?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I agree I think all citizens should have the right to defend themselves with force if need be. But answer me this please. Why stop with semi automatic weapons. If you really need to defend yourself against a trynical government or other nutters with guns. Why not go full hog. Lobby for hand held tactical nuclear devices. Then you will be able to defend yourselves even more..

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Enough is enough! Public massacres and school shootings must stop!

Pretty hypocritical considering the US gubment mass murders whole countries full of innocent people. But you wont hear anyone calling for a ban on that.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

And pathetic list is exactly why the USA will continue to suffer these horrendous acts on a frequent basis.

You have an endless list of reasons to cling to your obsession with weapons.

It is pointless trying to debate sensibly with those so invested. So you are welcome to your massacres. Innocents will continue to die in their droves and you can all sleep safely cuddled up with your guns.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

What country are you from / currently live in if you dont mind me asking?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

Enough is enough. Public massacres and school shootings must stop.

You want these shootings to stop? Tell your brat-ass children to stop bullying classmates they think are different.

What goes around comes around.

The truth behind my post, in response to those who replied to and starred my post ~

I came from a violent and profane household. As a child, along with my father, brother, and sister, I was physically and psychologically abused by my mother.

In school, my sister and me were both small, shy, and extremely quiet. We were both considered "weird" and "loners". We had a lot on our minds. This was the reason for our self-isolation and stoicism. We were deeply troubled and in survival mode for our entire childhoods.

We were bullied mercilessly by peers because our spirits had been broken in infancy. We were conditioned not to fight back because there were always horrendous consequences for that.

Our peers didn't care about the reasons. All they saw were easy targets. In my case, they knew I was terrified of water. They tried to drown me in the pond on the high school grounds. They grabbed me so hard by one arm I had an immediate fist-sized bruise on my upper arm. The VP immediately drove me home that day because I was so shaken by the attack.

Now for my main point. Because of what was going on in my house I considered murdering my mother a number of times. This bled over into school, but school shootings hadn't been conceived of in the 70's, so that wasn't an "option". In those days, privacy was paramount, and you didn't deal with family business outside the home.

I was inclined to extreme violence throughout school and into my college years, but I focused it internally and made myself very ill. The message here is that you don't know when you've poked the bear one too many times. I could have shot up my high school on a number of occasions. What stopped me was that I knew it was wrong.

These days that isn't enough. Children need to stop poking the bear. In today's society, there is no discipline among our youth, no self-regulation of emotions. When you call someone "weird" or "queer" or you continually physically assault them, you are, literally, putting your life at risk.

This is the most important discussion parents can have with their children. Bullying the weak can be fatal.
edit on 2/16/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join