It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is news really news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Does CNN tell you the news?
Does ABC tell you the news?
Does CBS tell you the news?
Does NBC tell you the news?
Does MSNBC tell you the news?
Does FOX tell you the news?

Do any corporate media news outlets tell you the news?

No.

They have news to sell you, not tell you.

They all have an agenda, which goes along their corporate lines, the news reporters views fall closely within their corporate masters.

They have news to sell you, not tell you.

If you only had $20.00 to your name,,, would you pay someone $5.00 for news? Or would you question how important the news is to you to expend your resources for that information?

Watching the news is like buying a used car.

Some people will naively believe everything the car salesman tells them believing they are giving them a great deal and only have their best interests at heart.

Smart people will research the car, find out the approximate value, test drive the car, have it inspected by a neutral second party to determine it's worthiness before making an informed decision.

Don't be that guy.
edit on R552018-02-14T19:55:39-06:00k552Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Besides reporting the news, part of the job of the "Free Press" is to be a check and balance on political corruption, government credibility, fraudulence and waste. When our president and/or legislatures conduct their behavior in a way that is dishonest, conflicts with America's beliefs and values, it should be an alarm bell for all Americans. It's exactly why our founding father's wanted a Free Press and didn't want it under government control.

Would you rather have our president and legislatures not be accountable for their actions? If they remained silent on issues that are questionable and lack credibility, they are doing a dis-service to the American public. Ignoring questionable actions from our president or our legislatures can create a situation where our government could slowly take away the rights of Americans. Keeping the public blind to what is happening in our government can open the door for a tyrannical form of government to take hold.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The MSM is literally the most powerful weapon the ruling class have...

But that's all going to change though according to Mark Taylor...

Just one part of Taylor's prophecy about Trump has yet to fully become a reality. "It says the news media would be captivated by him, and they would even begin to agree with him," Taylor told Griffith. "That's the only line in the prophecy that hasn't come to pass yet, so we have to ask ourselves, what's fixing to happen to make the mainstream media to begin to agree with him?" Griffith followed up asking what is "fixing to happen?"

"God's going to clean out the news media," Taylor said. "God is looking for His people right now, His millionaires and billionaires basically to come in and start investing in these places and buying them out; taking over. God is going to rebuild them and restore them because there is no spirit of truth in them right now - and that's what God is going to restore."

Man Who Predicted Trump Win 7 Years Ago: Mainstream Media Will Change Their Tune About Him

The Spirit of God says, "The news media, the news media, you have become a stench unto my nostrils, there is no spirit of truth in you. I the Lord God will clean out the news media and bring back truth. The sign will be given when news outlets will go down, bankrupt, and I the Lord God will rebuild them using my righteous people to restore them. I am calling on my Army, those who are chosen to be journalists, investors, to get ready to take your place as I tear down and rebuild my news media."

God Will Remove The Fake News (Transcript)
God Will Remove The Fake News - YouTube (@ 10:20 min.)

Taylor says nearly everything God told him is coming to pass. However, there is one major exception: His prophecy said, “Even mainstream news media will be captivated by this man and the abilities that I gift to him and they will even begin to agree with him.” CBN News recently asked Taylor what he thought was about to happen to make the mainstream media begin to agree with Trump.

Trump ‘prophet’ makes bold prediction about media

Skip to the 10 min. point...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

SlickRick Like this:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's not news, it's entertainment plugging for ratings and calling itself news. That way people are entertained and feel like they are informed.
edit on 14-2-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It could be argued that the loss of our fact-reporting media is the biggest danger to our society. It is certainly a huge reason for the downward slide into hell that our country is currently experiencing.

edit on 14-2-2018 by KansasGirl because: Is for it

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It is very expensive to get real news.

It costs money to gather and distribute news.

So, if you're not paying a lot of money to get your news, you can be sure it's not real news.

Instead, someone else is paying the media to distribute certain information as the news to you.

So, whatever that person's agenda is, that is the "information" you'll see coming to you as news.

The CIA, NSA, etc.. collect real news, but they don't tell us. They keep it secret.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Are we really not allowed to talk about crisis acting on ATS?

I've been gone for over 6 years... is that the rule around here?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Good morning ATS.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

To me..."News" should mean something new that is happening in our world...most "News", is the same story/plot with a different face and name!

True "News" should be free, unbiased and well...relating to new things that are happening in our world. Things that change lives and impact lives...Inventions, societal changes, etc...

I haven't seen "News" on the front lines in a long time, you actually have to use the internet and go to places like ATS to find "News". Some of the mainstream media have some real News on their websites, but you have dig past all the useless clutter first!

I love the used car salesman analogy!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

Wow...This is sad on so many levels...
a) If my kid was in distress of the sort...i wouldn't be doing an interview...I would be running to go support my child...
b) Some people actually want the fame so bad that they would do the interview...this IS Florida we are talking about

c) Yea...that little pat on the shoulder at the end is awkward...

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

What in the actual f*ck?

Somebody please explain to me which reality I'm living in.

Who's nightmare is this?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DD2029

What in the actual f*ck?

Who's nightmare is this?

Anderson 's interview is intended to encourage a grass roots movement to ban "assault weapons." Any ban on guns will spark the nightmare of trying to enforce the ban by confiscation.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

Anderson 's interview is intended to encourage a grass roots movement to ban "assault weapons." Any ban on guns will spark the nightmare of trying to enforce the ban by confiscation.

Yea but how can people not see through the bull$hit at this point?

This is getting scary fake. I don't even know what to say at this point.

How fake can it get? Are they (CNN) really trying to poke at their own viewers?

He said a rainbow wedding cake.... a f*cking rainbow wedding cake.

Holy $hit if that isn't mockery idk what is.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Cooper is a CIA shill. (then again, CNN has morphed into pretty much a deep state propaganda machine)

Once you've seen video of multiple "takes" of what should be a reporter just asking a witness something, you learn real quick that what we consider "the news" hasn't existed for quite some time.

Foreign news is often still your best bet for any semblance of truth.

If the way the press just rolled over during the Vegas shooting didn't wake you up to this...I have no idea what would. They just blatantly IGNORED anything that went against the official narrative, and just blindly watched as witnesses disappeared.

edit on 20-2-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

many news articles are nothing more than a list of tweets from people.
if i wanted to read tweets, i'd open a twitter account.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DD2029

What in the actual f*ck?

Who's nightmare is this?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Even conspirators and those who claim to be 'awake' stay glued to all forms of the news. My opinion? We should start a movement to get as many people as possible to stop watching the news for six months. Rates plummet, and maybe people would act differently after a breather from the pseudo-news. But that's me being idealistic.

If we did stop watching it, things would be nicer all around.
edit on 5-3-2018 by XxKonspiracyxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The true is just a lie you choose to believe.

Facts are as rare as honest politicians and virgins in Hollywood.

top topics

join