It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami School shooting - multiple injuries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Authorities are investigating an incident at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.

Chopper4 was at the school located at 5901 Pine Island Road over reports of a shooting.

Margate Fire Dept. says 20 to 50 people might be injured. The U.S. Coast Guard and Palm Beach County are sending helicopters to help.

Miami School shooting - multiple injuries

Another school shooting and this one does not look good if they are reporting 20 to 50 already.

They need better security in schools period. Non-uniformed retired LEOs and Military would do the trick.

Please use this to track more info.
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-14T14:26:46-06:000246 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Update - Looks like they have someone in custody.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
Yes, a former student. Still watching the news.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

what have we come to if our schools need armed men protecting them? what does that say about our culture? where have we gone wrong where we are now calling for armed men to be present at schools?

we should be looking closer to the root of the problem which in my case is the over prescription of medication and ease of access to firearms by our youth.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Our culture is messed up. I think families are under more stress than in other countries.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

You are right. There should be no need. But it is not just the current state of the world there have always been crazy people. 1927 Bath School Disaster. It was a man who ran for office and lost who decided to get his community back. Still the worst attack on a school ever.

I do not think we should have armed police in uniform roaming the halls. It is about having someone there in case and make them act as a Mentor to the kids in school.

Last year my sons school had almost a dozen lock downs and we live in a fairly small area.

It all starts at home....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Many deaths and about 20 injuries. Very tragic!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You may want to change your title.

This is occurring in Broward county Coral Springs area.

About an hour from Miami depending on traffic.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My friend was murdered on Valentines Day 4 years ago. I... I don't want to imagine what those parents are suffering right now.

I wish we were wealthy so I could stay home and home-school my son. At least until he's old enough to understand the dangers of the world and how to protect himself or at least run and understand the danger that might be in front of him. I don't want to rob him of a social life but I'm sick of the world. I should have never brought him into it with all these nasty people.

I am crying for these kids and their families. It's not fair.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

When it first came in it said Miami area and I saw updates but now I cannot change it...thanks!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
shooter used a sig saur MCX. it wasnt a AR-15.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
My friend was murdered on Valentines Day 4 years ago. I... I don't want to imagine what those parents are suffering right now.

I wish we were wealthy so I could stay home and home-school my son. At least until he's old enough to understand the dangers of the world and how to protect himself or at least run and understand the danger that might be in front of him. I don't want to rob him of a social life but I'm sick of the world. I should have never brought him into it with all these nasty people.

-Alee

Worlds always been nasty. its just reported more these days.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
NM
edit on 2 14 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

-Alee

Worlds always been nasty. its just reported more these days.

Was just talking to my grandma about that very thing. I suppose you're right.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The problem in this country is that there’s no straw that will break the camels back

The PTB on one side of the issue just won’t budge

So death and more death happens and will continue to happen

Over and over and over...

Other countries do something about this stuff, not in America.

So the beat goes on

Or the death goes on

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
More info on him:

gellerreport.com...
edit on 14-2-2018 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The problem in this country is that there’s no straw that will break the camels back

So the beat goes on

Or the death goes on

The problem actually is Not checking peoples backround better. Social media should be included in these. If you have any run ins with authority you should be given a deeper check. Suspension is a reason for a deep check. As well as his postings on FB and twitter.

Ive said it before but i dont care how many people die the second and the constitution must be protected till the last US citizen dies.

Maybe we should eliminate schools in favor of internet online schooling. cheaper than a school IRL and safer as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Willtell

So the beat goes on

Or the death goes on

The problem actually is Not checking peoples backround better. Social media should be included in these. If you have any run ins with authority you should be given a deeper check. Suspension is a reason for a deep check. As well as his postings on FB and twitter.

Indeed. And if you've ever posted on a conspiracy forum, you're definitely a "person of interest" huh?

top topics

join