It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Science Advisor, Age 31, Has a Political Science Degree

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I'm sure you know the difference between a rocket and a shuttle, but then again I'm not so certain.

Nope, I'm totally confused. I think the only way I could be more confused is if I thought a guy without any type of rocketry design experience was actually designing rockets all by his lonesome.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
This is one of the first times I've actually seen somebody with a Political Science degree actually do something with it, rather than end up as a mid-level salesman in a faceless corporation. Good for him.

Political science is actually a decent degree if you want to get into analyzing policy, which is what the science advisor does. The science advisor does not do science.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nope, I'm totally confused. I think the only way I could be more confused is if I thought a guy without any type of rocketry design experience was actually designing rockets all by his lonesome.

Did someone say he was designing rockets all by his lonesome, or is this your version of widening the goalposts?

Again, rockets, not shuttles.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Did someone say he was designing rockets all by his lonesome, or is this your version of widening the goalposts?

Nope, just refuting your funny claim that because he's the 'lead designer' he somehow doesn't need people to build the rockets at Space X he didn't design.

Again, rockets, not shuttles.

You mean like the Douglas DC-X rocket? That kind of rocket?

Maybe Elon the Mooch built John Titor's time machine and went back a couple decades to design that one too.

edit on 14-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

Probably because things like that are actually said and meant on these boards all the time.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Nope, just refuting your funny claim that because he's the 'lead designer' he somehow doesn't need people to build the rockets at Space X he didn't design

I seem to forget making the argument that he doesn't need people to build the space x rockets. Maybe you can show me? I'd hate to come away with the impression that you're making stuff up out of thin air.
edit on 14-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Go back and re-read your first reply to me where I said he needs to hire people to do that.

Or don't. It's okay of you don't understand.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Go back and re-read your first reply to me where I said he needs to hire people to do that.

Or don't. It's okay of you don't understand.

I read it. It doesn't say what you claim I said. Maybe you can quote me. Help me out here.

I'd hate to think you're misrepresenting me in bad faith.
edit on 14-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just reminds me of when I questioned Ben Rhodes qualification to be Deputy National Security Advisor.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I'd hate to think you're misrepresenting me in bad faith.

No, your inference*, which you are now squirming around in, does that for you.

*That the Mooch, being the 'lead designer', somehow didn't need to hire people to design his rockets as I clearly stated he did

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Ever think about running for public office or doing something to change that?

Thats the best advice you can give? The stupidest thing one can do is join up to play along with their game. I don't play their game. I'm not even in the stadium.

That includes struggling against the system. The best advice for people like you and all those that starred you is to disconnect.

Stop supporting the system, stop paying taxes, don't fight, don't go to war, 'Wardaddy' .

edit on 14-2-2018 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Harpua

Probably because things like that are actually said and meant on these boards all the time.

I know. Can it get any more weird than when people say, "Just have faith in your gubment"?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

No, your inference*, which you are now squirming around in, does that for you.

*That the Mooch, being the 'lead designer', somehow didn't need to hire people to design his rockets as I clearly stated he did

Playing little piggy in a strawman. Nowhere did I imply nor say that Elon Musk builds rockets by himself, that he manifested his designs without reference to previous designs, or that he didn't hire people to help design his rockets. Bad faith, or comprehension, one or the other.

All of this is besides the point anyways.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Nowhere did I imply nor say that Elon Musk builds rockets by himself...

Riiiiiiiiight.

You:

Elon Musk has an economis degree. I guess he can’t make spaceships.

Translation: Mooch doesn't need a engineering degree to 'make spaceships'.

Me:

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
He can't, which is why he pays people to do it for him.

Translation: His econmics degree means he needs to hirer people with engineering degrees to 'make spaceships'.

You:

He’s the lead designer at SpaceX.

Translation: I didn't realize he mooched the deigns off NASA since I didn't bother to educate myself about Mooch and his businesses, all I cared about was his degree.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Knock off the tit for tat and please stick to the topic instead of derailing. This is getting old and if you can't play nice and stay on topic, please move on.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I already understand English. Again, nowhere did I state what you claim, as is evident by your fatuous "translations".

Besides, my point is that you do not need a degree to be qualified for politics. That way lies technocracy.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Besides, my point is that you do not need a degree to be qualified for politics.

No where did I say otherwise, you do however need an engineering degree to design rockets despite what one's self-appointed corporate title may be.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Just reminds me of when I questioned Ben Rhodes qualification to be Deputy National Security Advisor.

I say question them all. Anyone who wants to be in government is questionable.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
This is one of the first times I've actually seen somebody with a Political Science degree actually do something with it, rather than end up as a mid-level salesman in a faceless corporation. Good for him.

Political science is actually a decent degree if you want to get into analyzing policy, which is what the science advisor does. The science advisor does not do science.

wtf?......a science advisor HAS TO KNOW SCIENCE!!!!!....how could you possibly give advice on something if you haven't a clue about the subject???.......are you trying to appeal to stupid people, or are you just joking?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
...how could you possibly give advice on something if you haven't a clue about the subject???

James, you've been here as long as me, this place has seen it share of self-appointed experts on all subjects and topics who freely dispense advice regularly. The medical and legal advice is always some of my favorite.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join