It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Science Advisor, Age 31, Has a Political Science Degree

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Elon Musk has an economis degree. I guess he can’t make spaceships.

He can't, which is why he pays people to do it for him. Not that there's anything wrong with that.*

*other than the corporate welfare/tax subsidies part of it of course

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump said he would get the best people for his administration. I, personally, am willing to wait at least (AT LEAST) another 2 or almost 3 years for that to happen. We have to have faith in our president and America. He's not your average politician, he's a billionaire and always keeps his promises.

My advice? Ignore all the issues with his cabinet and just have faith it will happen later rather than sooner. Anyone who disagrees is just an un-American leftist who hates America and its values and wants everything about those values to be destroyed because they just can't stomach the fact that Trump is winning and that they lost the election. They're probably just lazy communists who want everything handed to them so their opinions don't matter anyways.

For a minute there I thought you were serious. lol

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Wardaddy454

RINO's are the worst, you don't know who they are until they say something you don't like! Then they're Democrat spies all of a sudden. Sneaky bastards.

Yeah! Remember when they stole the nomination from Bernie?! Hard to believe but it happened. I was shocked I tell ya.

That's correct! Hillary, out of greed, and with a sick mind did that to Sanders.
They need to fix blame squarely where it belongs. Who the heck wants someone like her leading the free world? Probably some sicko birds of a feather would.

We dodged a bullet with her massive face fall and loss.
If Sanders had a spine, he would sue the crap out of her. He has lost my respect because of his cowardly behavior. I actually thought he was a pretty good guy at one time, although his politics stink

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He can't, which is why he pays people to do it for him. Not that there's anything wrong with that.*

*other than the corporate welfare/tax subsidies part of it of course

He’s the lead designer at SpaceX.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Musk taught himself computer programming at the age of 12. He moved to Canada when he was 17 to attend Queen's University. He transferred to the University of Pennsylvania two years later, where he received an economics degree from the Wharton School and a degree in physics from the College of Arts and Sciences.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The Falcon 9 borrowed heavily from NASA designs and used their funding. The Falcon Heavy is directly derived from that.

edit on 14-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Musk taught himself computer programming at the age of 12. He moved to Canada when he was 17 to attend Queen's University. He transferred to the University of Pennsylvania two years later, where he received an economics degree from the Wharton School and a degree in physics from the College of Arts and Sciences.

A bachelors degree in physics. Not quite rocket science.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The Falcon 9 borrowed heavily from NASA designs and funding. The Falcon Heavy is directly derived from that.

I’m not sure what your point is.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I once had a t-shirt that said, "Boob Inspector".

But I wasn't a licensed "Boob Inspector".

I lived a lie.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's fairly simple: that his economics degree doesn't make him someone capable of building rockets as was your point. He requires other people with engineering degrees and experience with rocketry to achieve that.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's fairly simple: that his economics degree doesn't make him someone capable of building rockets as was your point. He requires other people with engineering degrees and experience with rocketry to achieve that.

It doesn’t make him incapable of building rockets either. He is lead designer at SpaceX.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Obama would be right. I doubt Musk built any of the rockets in his arsenal, he pays other people with the money he earned from learning about economics to build them for him.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

He is lead designer at SpaceX.

I suppose you missed the part where Space X's rockets are heavily reliant on NASA's previous designs. I suppose anyone can design a rocket if NASA fronts you the blueprints.

It's like designing a car based on the Corvette and saying you designed a car. I suppose if you want to give that tax mooching bandit credit that's your deal.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Obama would be right. I doubt Musk built any of the rockets in his arsenal, he pays other people with the money he earned from learning about economics to build them for him.

Nah-ah! He's the head honcho, he does everything at Space X.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It may sound crazy and go against all logic but Space X is a business that employs thousands of people that each do their respective jobs whom together collectively accomplish certain goals. Musk is the one who provides the money. I know, Space X isn't a one-man business. I hope I didn't just blow your mind too hard.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There's nothing in there to blow, it's just a pile of sludge from all the bourbon.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I suppose you missed the part where Space X's rockets are heavily reliant on NASA's previous designs. I suppose anyone can design a rocket if NASA fronts you the blueprints.

It's like designing a car based on the Corvette and saying you designed a car. I suppose if you want to give that tax mooching bandit credit that's your deal.

I guess you missed the part where SpaceX's rockets can land. NASA must have had the technology to do so, they just never used it.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I guess you missed the part where SpaceX's rockets can land. NASA must have had the technology to do so, they just never used it.

I'm sure Elon the tax mooch personally designed that feature between mucking the stalls in the men's room, handing out slop in the cafeteria and running over to the Tesla factory to sculpt the next clay mockup.

Oh, and NASA had a landable spacecraft, it was called the Space Shuttle.

Oh, and VTVL rockets are not a Space X invention, a few peeps beat Musk the Mooch to the punch.

edit on 14-2-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I'm sure Elon the tax mooch personally designed that feature between mucking the stalls in the men's room, handing out slop in the cafeteria and running over to the Tesla factory to sculpt the next clay mockup.

Oh, and NASA had a landable spacecraft, it was called the Space Shuttle.

I'm sure you know the difference between a rocket and a shuttle, but then again I'm not so certain.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is one of the first times I've actually seen somebody with a Political Science degree actually do something with it, rather than end up as a mid-level salesman in a faceless corporation. Good for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join