It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting @ Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Coral Springs Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I work near the border of Coral Springs and Parkland. One of my coworker's daughter just called frantically stating that there is a shooting in progress at her school (Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School). She confirmed multiple gunshots, police, ambulance, etc. I hope everyone is safe.
edit on 14-2-2018 by TruthisAuthority because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthisAuthority

Fox News is reporting about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: TruthisAuthority

Praying for a safe outcome - hopefully it is a quick response by emergency agencies and there are minimal casualties

link   

originally posted by: TruthisAuthority
I work near the border of Coral Springs and Parkland. One of my coworker's daughter just called frantically stating that there is a shooting in progress at her school (Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School). She confirmed multiple gunshots, police, ambulance, etc. I hope everyone is safe.

Hopefully this ends well.

I'm sick to death of this new normal.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Per scanner radio:

The shooter might have slipped out with escaping students, black pants and maroon top of some sort.

Several students shot, police treating this as a mass casualty incident.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The live stream right now, cops cruising in a golf cart, all very calm, somehow...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They just said on the feed that a newsstation has said there are reports of multiple shooters with gas masks has not been verified may be a rumour.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Reporting at least 20 injured or worse.

FBI just arrived in screen.

Law enforcement stating shooter is at large.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Man! Those are some calm and cool students. Nobody panicking, everything seems organized.

Perimeter is extending to a local Walmart according to reports.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And where did that army of law enforcement personal and equipment come from, that fast???
Curious...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Looked like many were crying.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

It's still early but locals are saying 20 to 50 people injured. They are actively searching for the shooter.

I hope the reports of more than 1 shooter with gas masks is untrue.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Guess i have to be the one, but something is looking weird, the students seem to be shocked, some maybe crying, but the cops look as if they would know that nothing can happen, like they are having a break, in that live stream posted above...

edit on 14 2 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

MSM, take them with a grain of salt, and a sense of humor.

Want real info, listen to the police scanner feed I linked above. Media is scrambling to be "first to report" things.

RSBN (again linked above) will give info, only if they can confirm things but still be sceptical of what you hear for your own sanity.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

If the cops are acting hysterical, how do you expect them to keep calm and order in a very chaotic situation?

Any time you respond to a situation, the calmer and more collected you appear, especially when your in a trusted position, the more faith and calm you will have the people your taking care of see in you, and they will adopt the calmness, to a degree, as well.

I've seen many officers running, and others moving their heads on a swivel constantly. They're in high gear, but are trained to appear calm, cool, stoical even.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is a little weird...

I was watching CNN when they broke into the Stormy story with live video of the scene.

They even said they had to be careful with live video where an active shooter is.

..but no live video for past 10 minutes.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis
I know that they don´t have to panic themselves, but it looks weird, imo.

They don´t act as if there is a shooter somewhere around.
Now i saw a second golf cart, ist that normal in such situations, that cops drive around in golf carts, why don´t they walk or run? And where do these golf carts come from, thought it´s a school and not a golf course?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
First responders are trained to maintain a professional attitude in the worst situations; their apparent calm is often expressed in inverse relation to the seriousness of the situation.

With a number of kids possibly injured, an active shooter still possibly at large, and the potential of multiple shooters to deal with,

This is a Very Serious situation.

Edit to add:

On large campuses, vehicles like golf carts are often used by maintenance staff to get around the campus, not unusual. This campus apparently covers several acres.

And the carts are quicker than running, even providing some cover and a stable platform to fire from.
edit on 14-2-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join