It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sea Horse' or 'Kelpie' On Mars, Gale Crater

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The other day I posted 'Skulls and Shapes/Lettering and UFO with Landing Pad Discovered on Mars!' Later in the comments I added the pictures of the 'Sea horse' I found but I thought I'd add it as a new thread so that it can be discussed Seperately. I also added a picture of sea horse anatomy this time.

It's in Gale crater which is thought to have contained water for a long time.

Picture 1. Nasa Image

Picture 2. My tracing over the image of what I see

Picture 3. Sea horse anatomy

The legend of Kelpie, the water horse, goes way back in the history of many cultures. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That's quite the imagination you've got. It's possible but doubtful.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yeah... I've been told that a few times before ... both comments

edit on 14-2-2018 by DeltaWonderland because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DeltaWonderland

Maybe you should grasp this phenomenon before posting any more pictures of "rocks.":

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus, usually an image or a sound, by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists (e.g. in random data). Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, the Man in the Moon, the Moon rabbit, hidden messages within recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing indistinct voices in random noise such as that produced by air conditioners or fans.[1

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Looks more like a unicorn with a horn to me...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I think the problem there is that it appears more like a horses head with its clothes on, and you can compare that to a horsehead skeleton, which is dissimilar without any flesh attached,

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Haha, that's pretty cool actually... but unfortunately you can tell that the horses head is actually a rock that's separate from the rest of the "body." It's hard to tell with the perspective but it looks like its at least a foot or two closer to the camera than the rocks behind it that make up the rest of the picture you're seeing.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Haha, that's pretty cool actually... but unfortunately you can tell that the horses head is actually a rock that's separate from the rest of the "body." It's hard to tell with the perspective but it looks like its at least a foot or two closer to the camera than the rocks behind it that make up the rest of the picture you're seeing.

Yes, it's not only that though, the upper part of the 'head' is itself another rock behind the lower part...the 'jaw.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Possible.

Or it's a Patagonia or whatever they call it.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Maybe you should grasp this phenomenon before posting any more pictures of "rocks.":

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus, usually an image or a sound, by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists (e.g. in random data). Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, the Man in the Moon, the Moon rabbit, hidden messages within recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing indistinct voices in random noise such as that produced by air conditioners or fans.[1

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe some people would still like to see the picture and judge for themselves. Maybe? Maybe if you dont like it you should maybe go to another thread?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I want to believe that there's proof of life on Mars; whether current or extant. This.......eh!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hey!!!

Rocks rock! Regardless of origin or a paraeidolian interpretation!

Mind you, in a bazillion years on some planet where similar space-faring species are looking on one of the planets in their solar system, the fossilized remnants of an automobile will appear on the surface. The consensus of the species is that there is no way a fossilized automobile could be there...it's a trick of the mind!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Try to look at these patterns a bit more scientifically I think - you posted a seahorse that is make up of at least 5 separate rocks. : )

I mean.. if you look closely (or even just glance at it for 10 seconds or so), it's obvious that different rocks make up the seahorse you are seeing. If it were seen from a different angle, it would be clear. That is the disadvantage of these pictures.

I remember a "Mars base" posted a couple years back here. It actually did have straight lines.. and looked almost artificial. But pictures - were- taken from another angle of that spot.. and it became obvious.. no military base on Mars.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe some people would still like to see the picture and judge for themselves. Maybe? Maybe if you dont like it you should maybe go to another thread?

Maybe his view is as valid as anyone else's here.
Maybe if you dont like it then thats tough on you

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Hi!

Yeah, I'm always leaning more towards the idea that it's nothing but I'm generally just enjoying picking up shapes and seeing what others think of them. Rocks definitely rock!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Oh yeah, you're right, I see that now, with the bottom jaw bit a bit closer to the camera! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Cars won't fossilize... they will rust into dust.

Modern sheet metal doesn't stand up too well to the elements. I've seen cars made a mere 50 years ago that are barely there any more... it's just flaking rust... add a couple of hundred million years to that and you've got nothing but a bunch of dust.

Modern cement is largely the same issue too... drive around town and keep an eye for fields or lawns that haven't been mowed. Natures encroachment on man made materials is swift and like a giant eraser.

I think one of the TV channels did a program about this a couple of years ago.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Hey come on now - I was making lighthearted banter there!

Side serious question: Would a car rust or rust heaps slower in an environment similar to Mars (or harsher) if there's no sufficient oxygen?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Why don't you give links to the images source so people can look at the original.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Why don't you give links to the images source so people can look at the original.

Here you go

Link to Rockness view panoramic

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join