It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vela Incident: Who Nuked the South Atlantic in 1979?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Well I suppose so. So you guys are trying to interpret something that some people sensed on there sensors and interested as a nuclear weapon. I mean it makes a sort of sense. But ya! Good luck with that, and since it happened in the 80's, there was what, probably a # ton of other tests from then to now, mostly small nukes. It seems kind of pointless to bother with something that happens that long ago. Why not argue about the ones that happened in various part of Afghanistan during the war there? Or any number of other ones.

I think the time and effort in trying to see what why some sensors went off half a world away is cool, but the effort might be better spent trying to stop all these ball lightnings from cropping up everywhere. Its supposed to be freaking night time dang nabit. Doesn't anybody ever go to sleep anymore?

And anyways, Deny Ignorance is only the motto, when its convenient. When its not? Then no its not the motto. Far from it in fact.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Well that's good to know I suppose, and it does make for some pretty clouds. But hopefully they used the less radiated kinds of bombs, as you know, radiation on the winds, well some people are allergic to that stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

why not?
would it not reveal an abuse of nuclear weapons?

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

OK that's fine. It seems to be based around the probability of :

... exceptionally rare natural double events, such as a meteoroid strike triggering a lightning superbolt in the Earth's atmosphere

The chances of which seem to be billions to one. But not impossible of course.

If it happened today though. Yes I think we'd know exactly what it was too!

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Yes.

But it could create problems with the relationships and peace agreements of the nations in the Middle East, Africa and elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

oh i get it thx

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
this was indeed something the cosmic trickster did
i am reading the work of john keel (wich i sadly cant upload because copright) and an entire chapter about anomalous bolides
we are seeing the same thing here but radioactive

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join