It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing man found 1 week later 2,800 miles away, disorientated & wearing same (ski gear) clothes.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sounds like just another The X Files episode to me.

- And not a particularly bad one either
edit on 28-2-2018 by yws6afdf7bc789 because: Added personal opinion on personal opinion

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo
Seriously, there's no update on this?

That is very odd. My mind wouldn't have jumped to Walton-esque (I'd be more inclined to suspect some cross-country tractor-trailer gang of organ-stealers or something!) but moving from a snow slope to 3000 miles away without ID and in the same clothes three days later is quite the mystery for onlookers.

RC

in ski boots, goggles and helmet in the Sacramento heat

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What a dud of a thread. OP should have made an attempt to apprise readers of any developments, including the fact it's still a 'mystery'.

But, hey, star and flag whoring is a staple on ATS.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

WILMINGTON, N.Y. —
A skier missing from Whiteface Mountain has been found in California.

New York State Police said Constantinos “Danny” Filippidis, 49, of Toronto, was found 2,900 miles away Tuesday in Sacramento.

Filippidis was reported missing last Wednesday by friends who said he could not be found as the resort was closing.

His belongings were found at the lodge and his car was still in the parking lot.

________________________________________________________________________________

Filippidis made contact with law enforcement officers in Sacramento.

He was reported to be in good health.

The circumstances of Filippidis' disappearance remain under investigation.

Officials have not said why he went missing.

Before Tuesday, police said they had no reason to believe Filippidis was not on the mountain.

The Department of Homeland Security, New York State Police, New York Department of Conservation, United States Customs and Border Protection and officials in Toronto assisted with the search.

Filippidis is a married father of two and a 28-year veteran Toronto firefighter.

He had been skiing with a group of firefighters and retired firefighters.

Toronto Professional Firefighters Local 3888 President Frank Ramagano answered reporters' questions Tuesday evening.

He said Filippidis was found confused and unable to answer questions as to how he got to California.

Ramagano said Filippidis was receiving medical care after calling his wife and then 911.

Filippidis was found alone.

Ramagano said Filippidis did not have a history of mental illness or substance abuse.

He said Filippidis was found wearing the same ski gear, including the helmet and goggles, he was last seen in when he was reported missing.

State police did not say if Filippidis would face criminal charges.

Officials have not said how he traveled to Sacramento.

Ramagano said he did not believe Filippidis flew because he left his identification at Whiteface.

www.mynbc5.com...

this, from 5 days ago........

Today...

Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone? Fire in the Sky - Travis Walton, turned up a week later dazed and confused?

Could this be what is referred to as an alien abduction? Initially, upon reading this report and watching the vid above, my thoughts turned to the Travis Walton story as both share similar initial circumstances.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on this as it develops and we (hopefully) get a 1st hand recollection of what happened to him for that week such that 2,800 miles and 1 week later, he appears wearing the same gear he went missing in - no ID, no money, no phone, no substance abuse, no vehicle and given the credentials of the person, I'm suggesting no foul-play on his part.

Thoughts?

Go back and read the David Paulides Missing 411 threads on missing people in the US On this website.

This is the best answer you will get. You will find some good docos on the matter on David Paulides Missing 411 website too.

cheers.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

One of the 411 cases is about this guy who also disappeared in the winter and appeared many miles further and some months later. This guy became a psychiatrist later in life and Paulides is dying to meet this guy and wrote him some letters for an interview. Same story...confused and he could not remember what happened to him... I also recall he wore not his own clothes when they found him.

It would be interesting to udergo a regression session with this guy and find out what happened to him.

It is also weird that agencies like homeland security had been active finding this guy of this thread.

edit on 1/5/2018 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

It is also weird that agencies like homeland security had been active finding this guy of this thread.

That's the rub with me: local, state, and federal agencies were involved in the search and taxpayers aren't getting those monies back, who's to answer? From my understanding of the Travis Walton case, the search was for 5 days and they (whatever agencies conducting the search) shook every tree and polygraphed the entire crew, attempting to get to the bottom of the disappearance. And I'd wager, the relative cost of this search exceeded that of the Walton search, yet not a single word since he reappeared. This case baffles the hell out of me, more for the lack of a follow-up than the actual event -- my take is the guy did it all on his own volition and got cold feet once he realized he'd 'done it'.

Thread bump in slight chance anyone has new info.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
That's the rub with me: local, state, and federal agencies were involved in the search and taxpayers aren't getting those monies back, who's to answer?

From what I understand, the government is supposed to run as a non-profit organization.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
That's the rub with me: local, state, and federal agencies were involved in the search and taxpayers aren't getting those monies back, who's to answer?

From what I understand, the government is supposed to run as a non-profit organization.
Good joke, man.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You wish it was a joke

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Has anyone heard any new info concerning this case?
T'is damn interesting

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

No news from lamestream so we can assume he fell into an alien time warp. Case closed.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
FWIW.

Three sets of tests and multiple visits to neurologists and neuropsychologists in Toronto, confirmed that he suffered some sort of head injury, Filippidis told the Canadian Press.

Investigators later determined that Filippidis likely fell near a children’s ski slope and ended up at a hub used for children’s programming that would have been closed at the time, according to the Canadian Press.

At some point he came across a truck driver. State Police have never been able to determine who the man was or where the truck was coming from.

Six days later he turned up in California. He had somehow gotten a haircut and bought a new iPhone.
Local Albany paper

Still weird, and seems uncorroborated, maybe a half ass way to come up with something....

But I thought I'd update the thread with something.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm thinking, something, like a head trauma, triggered a Fugue state in Dan.

www.psychologytoday.com...

Great scenario for a film...but with a paranormal twist.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Seems strange that he left all his money behind, yet managed to purchase an iPhone and a haircut..

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Churchhousecreeper

Seems like he had a credit card on him.
Possibly in his pocket, to buy refreshments on the ski-hill.
Who knows?
Still a mystery.
At least he's safe, and with his family.

Missing Toronto firefighter located in California may have suffered head injury

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Been almost a year and half now and it's still shrouded in mystery.

I wondered did investigators really questioned the man?

Fundamental questions such as:

1. How or where did he cash out with the credit card (remembered PIN number)?
2. How did he buy the iphone (paid cash? credit card with no ID - he's a foreigner)?
3. When and where did he get the haircut (paid cash? was his beard unshaven at the time)?
4. Where did he eat, drink water the last 6 days or just starved the whole week?

He had little under $1000 in cash and bought a new iphone to call his wife instead of thinking to borrow a phone to call first.

Before he disappeared, he was leaving his group to pick up his phone in his car wanting to take some photos on this trip.

The first thing he buys in California is a phone, which is what he was thinking about prior to missing. Getting the phone first was to call home or just out of no explainable reason? He did go near the airport afterall to make a call, but he could've easily gone into the airport to make a call, he had cash.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join