It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A possible way to combat depression/negative thoughts. (My personal shield).

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
*Disclaimer*
Firstly, the link at the end is not to promote my channel, I pretty sure that none of the other content on there will interest anyone on ATS in the slightest.
So hopefully that admission will convince you all it's not just a lousy recruitment scam, lol.
I'm also not very active on YouTube anyways.

Secondly, as it related to mental health, I contemplated the Medical Issues forum and also Music, but they're not the main focus.
Even Paranormal Studies due to the Angel who guided me didn't seem fitting enough.
So I selected Philosophy due to my idea of how to combat/take the war to this side of mental health.

The song is purely for any who wish to hear more in terms of the mindset I carried at the time. However if it needs to be removed I understand completely.

Thirdly, for those who do not believe in an afterlife/spiritual aspect of our reality, you can certainly switch ''Angel'' for the Fight Or Flight of the brain. It (the philosophy) will likely still make sense overall.

Finally, I do hope this doesn't negatively affect anyone who has these thoughts. My sole purpose is to reach out, and offer hope with my own anecdotal experience in the battle. If you feel this topic will give rise to emotions/thoughts you'd rather avoid, ignore the thread altogether.
*Disclaimer*

So... This is actually from early 2015... But my vocalness about it is mere days old.
It's titled Note To My Kin, and I guess it makes sense to elaborate on story the behind this.

I'd written a suicide note (in 2015)...
I was at my lowest point ever... Everything was too overwhelming.
Ultra-empathy (for all sorts of things) is the most useless and debilitating trait I possess.

So I decided to check myself into the psyche unit, to make sure no one I loved would be the one to find me.

Memory of the first couple days in there is foggy, to say the least, but something happened...
Something I can only describe as divine intervention.
I was inspired by what I consider to be an Angel, as an optical vision (as opposed to 3rd Eye imagery) to try and combat the note I'd written only a few days before...
As an attempt to nullify the initial thoughts I had with a positive perspective from my life.
So I did exactly that...

Granted, it still took another week or so of struggling with the mindset that took me there, but persistently drilling the verse/rebutal into my head eventually convinced me I couldn't discard this blessing I received.

And now I always come back to it when I start to fall back into that abyss. So it became relevant again recently for a couple reasons, thus it may as well also be used to benefit others in any way possible.

The philosophy behind it all, I'd really hope the concept of writing (if you've scribed/planned a first) two notes/having a pros and cons list in our minds (whether divinely inspired or a fight or flight reaction for survival) could be very effective in minimising the effects of any ill thoughts many of us struggle with silently with a painted smile.

Don't do that. Please. Keep fighting. I know how much easier said than done this is.
But... There is always a valid reason for all of us to stick around, no matter how overpowering the contrary seems to affect us.
Find that reason. Hold onto it.

Sorry for the length, guys.
Hopefully this sort of fight back I managed at my lowest point can help anyone else on here who may be silently struggling and feeling such a way.
If you wanna reach out privately, I'm always available to PM.

Anyone else whop has also found coping mechanisms, please do share them. You could be another's Angel.

Stay strong. The hardest battles befall the strongest warriors. You are a warrior!!!
Peace & Love To All!!!
God bless you. XxX
💙💙💙

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Apples.
It's almost impossible to stay or be depressed or even angry while eating an apple.
Give it a go next time you're feeling down or angry.

Take care.
Keep smiling

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I meditate

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Thanks for sharing Haz.
It may help someone in their time of need.

There seems to be a mix of strength and weakness within us.
Taking a moment of your strength, to reach-out into the great unknown interwebs, to have the possibility of helping a stranger, is a wonderful deed.

Peace and blessings.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Bless your heart. Many of us have felt your pain in different ways. Hope this has been a breakthrough for you.

My lesson a long time ago was: Everyone does the best they can with what they have been given to work with. It enabled me to forgive. It comes back to all of us. We make mistakes, sometimes trying to over compensate for the troubles we have been dealt.

Don’t know if this makes sense but trying to understand where others came from has helped me.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
As a preteen through early thirties my best coping mechanism was a skateboard... no one can ride it for you do those tricks you want to do for you. It is a solo thing even when skating in a group... and when broken it is cast off and there's excitement in getting another. Kept me out of a lot of things like drugs and alcohol and jail that typically arises with that... because skating was the focus not the so called lifestyle... although it also made me no stranger to law enforcement even if it was not illegal they still wanted to leave public property onto private property and tell us to leave even if we had owners permission... but hey you do what they say because they were likely bored and didnt like seeing others having fun while they were working instead of doing what they wanted to do... so their coping to that was "leave."

During the late teens of those days all the way to now mid-forties Buddhism was a natural progression as a way to cope... no one can meditate for you learn the trick of peace in every situation that arises and when this body is broken it'll be cast off and onto another. Kinda a weird parallel but true.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I call it my strat medicine. Power chords, pentatonic riffs...Loud, real loud.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
"Mountain forests, rugged steeps, marshes and ferns - all country that is hard to traverse; this is difficult ground. In difficult ground, keep steadily on the march."

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Quite a yin/yang post when the signature is taken into account... burn in hell for all eternity and here's how to get out of it by Sun Tzu.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The definition of mental illness is not being able to control your own thought.

Something to think about.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Great message Haz - thanks for sharing.
Needed that message this morning

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Ultra-empathy (for all sorts of things) is the most useless and debilitating trait I possess

The same thing has basically ruined my life. It's the worst.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
The definition of mental illness is not being able to control your own thought.

Something to think about.

Actually, mental illness is better defined as having overwhelmingly destructive and disorganised thoughts.

Even mentally healthy people cannot 100% control their thoughts and that's fine.

We are not defined by our thoughts, but rather by our actions.

edit on 14-2-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

Actually you are defined by what your subconscious mind, mind and heart coherence define.

If those are all in disagreement you have a bad time on your hands.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
TY very much, ATS fammo....

Your input is likely to help a silent reader immensely.

Stars for everyone!

XxX

join