It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pit bull attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A week ago my dog and I were jumped by two pits, we beat one off. The other latched on to my lab, and sadly we had to mess it up pretty bad. Im looking for advice on a safe shelter for that pit. Its not her fault she's got a screw loose. I don't wanna press charges and I don't,want her put to sleep. Is there a pit sanctuary in Michigan that dog can go?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mousse7714
A week ago my dog and I were jumped by two pits, we beat one off. The other latched on to my lab, and sadly we had to mess it up pretty bad. Im looking for advice on a safe shelter for that pit. Its not her fault she's got a screw loose. I don't wanna press charges and I don't,want her put to sleep. Is there a pit sanctuary in Michigan that dog can go?

A pit bull attacks people that dog needs to be put down .

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Some dog breeds have a predilection for bad behaviour, which if encouraged by an ignorant owner can lead to attacks.

Sadly, dogs who show violence as described are best "let go".

Pit bulls when in good hands are fantastic dogs.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mousse7714

Do you live in the Detroit area?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Yes we do. Recently from Denver area. Here in Detroit it seems hard to find a good place for that dog

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I would say your feelings are genuine, but misguided. Pits that attack will do it again. If it doesn't attack your dog, it might attack your neighbor's dog, or your neighbor's child. It can happen. My neighbor didn't press charges on a pit bull owner who's dog attacked her dog. Six months later it got out again and attacked another neighbor's dog, killing it and injuring the owner in the process.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Please don't take advice from anyone who doesn't rehabilitate these dogs for a living!

Here is a link to a rescue in your area. Start with them and get advice from knowledgeable people you can look in the eye.

Pit Stop For Change

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
not all pit bulls are agressive or mean tempered. But some are. The ones that are, and the ones that would attack a person with a dog need to be put down. It could be a kid next time with no way to "mess it up". If it was my dog, I would put it down. It happened to a good friend, and they are still broken up over the loss, but the agree it had to be done.

Nobody has to like it.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You cold try and find a rescue shelter. Problem is its harder to find that resource for dogs that have demonstrated viciousness.

Best thing to do is get it to a 'shelter'. Something I don't understand, You keeping it at home are you? Its already attacked your dog once...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So , these 2 pit bulls do not belong to you ?
And , instead of speaking to the authorities you are asking about shelters ?
Are you planning to take someone else's animals to a shelter ? Without speaking to and getting approval from the owner ?
I am not a law officer or attorney , but it seems as if there is all kind of wrong with that.
Sorry if I misunderstood.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Bill Burr did a great bit on pit bull rescue dogs.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Please don't take advice from anyone who doesn't rehabilitate these dogs for a living!

Here is a link to a rescue in your area. Start with them and get advice from knowledgeable people you can look in the eye.

Pit Stop For Change

Maybe don't take advice in the form of drive-by comments from posters looking to 'star whore' themselves?

I agree, there are many rescues dedicated to the pit-bull breed/mix, and I have adopted 3 since I lost my bird dog. A great resource for this kinda situation in the Carolinas/Virginia/Georgia can be found here: South of the Bully

Disclaimer: some dogs cannot be rehabilitated and safeguards should be in place to keep them away from any potential 'situation'.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mousse7714
A week ago my dog and I were jumped by two pits, we beat one off.

youtu.be...

How come you didn't manage to beat them both off?
edit on 13-2-2018 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
In my opinion, pitbulls are scumbag dogs and shouldn’t be allowed to
Be bred anymore. I always carry a big knife Incase that same scenario happens when I am walking my dog.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Trolls should also be done away with. 😂

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Come to California and see who owns all the pitbulls, it’s the type of people who can’t afford a secure fence to contain those azzhole dogs.a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Okay. I can see sone areas having this issue, but your comment made me ... I don't even know.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
In my opinion, pitbulls are scumbag dogs and shouldn’t be allowed to
Be bred anymore. I always carry a big knife Incase that same scenario happens when I am walking my dog.

With that type of attitude, I'd carry a big knife to protect myself from you sir.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hello fellow Michigander!

I follow "Detroit pit crew" on Facebook, they mostly find stray pits and hook them up with shelter and what not... might be a good place to start.

My pit is great with people but not so great with other dogs.. my dog doing that to another dog is my worst nightmare, but so far in 9 years it has been avoided.

A shame because she's capable of being so sweet, yet so mean...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
FYI 40 years ago the most feared dog breed were the doberman's, pitbulls were bred for dog fighting ... nowdays stupid people have them in their home and wonder how come the loving dog mauled their kid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join