It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Intel Chiefs Unanimous That Russia is Targeting the 2018 Election.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Wayfarer

Ok, I get it. We want to put a stop to Russian cyber meddling but we don't want to impede Mexican meddling at the actual polls. Got it

It's awfully elitist of you to think that low income citizens would have a problem with proving it.

Uh, I don't know what you're getting at with the above response. Voter ID laws have a long and storied history of being one of the primary tools of voter suppression. If you fail to realize that then I recommend brushing up on your history as to how exactly the suppression happens. It has nothing to do with Mexico. If Mexico is also hacking our elections we should be just as fervent about pursuing protections against their avenues of attack as we hope to be against the Russians (and I don't think anyone in this thread claimed we only need to safeguard ourselves against the Russians solely).

Lastly, I think you made a joke at your own expense regarding the 'elitist' comment. If you had bothered to look into and understand the fundamentals of voter ID laws and their relation to voter suppression you would recognize the clear correlation to low income voters (since the economics of the scenario are what drive the voter suppression effect), so really the only one showing 'elitist' levels of misunderstanding appear to be you.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I'm less worried about Russians than employees of our own FBI, DOJ, and DNC fixing the election.

Funny the left wingers who put forth this false narrative have absolutely no problem with the US interfering in every single election around the world.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Templeton

if we interferred with russia's voting system what do you think putin would do?

He would do nothing because he would have to be disposed to interfere with his "election".

But if we were just mudding the waters against him i would expect him to weaponize his agencies to secure his victory. Like Obama.
edit on 14-2-2018 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

too bad the republicans didn't ask those question during the hearing yesterday...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
a reply to: knoxie

But I agree with you that we should safeguard our election and I think the first step in doing that is voter ID laws.

Isn't it funny how the ones screaming for increased safeguards are the same ones fighting tooth and nail against voter I.D.?

and...isn't it funny that you think a person WITH a valid ID, would be allowed to vote if the voter register book at the voting precinct, had a slightly different name or even a different middle initial.....if "who ever" is doing this, attacks and changes the very list they use to verify voter ID's, it won't matter if your valid ID is gold plated or is a library card, BOTH will be rejected.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

But I agree with you that we should safeguard our election and I think the first step in doing that is voter ID laws.

Isn't it funny how the ones screaming for increased safeguards are the same ones fighting tooth and nail against voter I.D.?

and...isn't it funny that you think a person WITH a valid ID, would be allowed to vote if the voter register book at the voting precinct, had a slightly different name or even a different middle initial.....if "who ever" is doing this, attacks and changes the very list they use to verify voter ID's, it won't matter if your valid ID is gold plated or is a library card, BOTH will be rejected.

I think the general implication is its alright as long as it doesn't affect White Male Landowners.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: jimmyx

I think the general implication is its alright as long as it doesn't affect White Male Landowners.

Funny how bigots bring race into every thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

It wouldn't be very hard to prove to a court you were in fact eligible and the people running such a scam would quickly be found and hung. Any arguments against voter id laws are also valid for getting a job, driving a car, and buying a gun. They are all necessary for survival and one is even a constitutional right that shall not be infringed. And being raised in what is the statistically poorest region in the poorest state I can tell you that poor people care a lot more about those things than they do voting. So the argument is that these systems can be altered to suppress poor people and minorities. Why isn't that a concern when requiring ID to get a job..

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well, for those of you who flat out deny, that Russia did in fact meddle in the 2016 Elections, it seems that Russia is setting up to do just that once again.

They were unanimous about WMDs in Iraq too.

Now suddenly they are credible again.

Funny how that works.

Given the popular vote doesn't determine our elections. The Electoral College does.

Russia is guilty of WHAT?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

You speak as if you had scif clearances and you are sitting on every line of communication or something. Like you literally ran the NSA or something. You don't KNOW a single one of those accusations but you FEEL like you do...big difference. Your opinion is duely noted however I think its a little out there and probably not very true.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If the Democrats Win does that mean the alleged attempt failed, or they were doing it for the Democrats?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Democrats setting up their excuses for the November elections

The "Press" helps them too 😵

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

oooooooh got to keep russian bear boogie man myth going to get more money from congress.

sorry but i have heard this all my life just so they could demand more and more taxpayer money.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Lets not forget Obama said elections can't be hacked, and tell Trump to quit whining.... so I will tell you to quit whining!!

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I honestly think it works. If you go on almost any Fox News article on Facebook the top posts are always bots (you can see the same profile post the same comment over and over again). And if you look down the comments there are hundreds and hundreds of people commenting back and getting all worked up. People are gullible, especially Americans, and the Russian bots know that persistence is key.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: underpass61

lol

and, those for voter id laws could give a rats ass about foreign meddling.

Wouldn't stopping foreigners from voting be the first step in stopping foreign meddling?

No, because the foreigners aren't physically voting. It's a giant social engineering / propaganda project by the foreigners in order to corrupt the system. Utilizing social media, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

that might have used in old jim crow days but in last election some counties were recording that they 50% more votes than they had eligible to vote in cali. that means in those areas 1 vote in three was illegitimate. if when you showed up you had your id scanned that would stop people from making fraudulent votes .

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I regard to the Russian interference. Noting will be done as long as Trump is sucking Putin's d##k.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Where did they get their info, Crowdstrike? Steel? Blumenthal?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

How about Democrats worry about rigging their primaries with Super Delegates before they cast the first stone.

The real election riggers are worry about someone else. That is comical.
edit on 15-2-2018 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join