It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Intel Chiefs Unanimous That Russia is Targeting the 2018 Election.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Scrubdog

and, those here on ats who don't think it's necessary to take some steps to protect our voting polls - very telling. they'd rather protect putin or they know they can't win without the help... who knows, but it's 100% weak. lol

Just asking, what makes you so certain that nothing is being done? Is the administration required to keep you updated on every single issue they are dealing with? I can say with just as much certainty as you that they are taking steps to strengthen security at the polls, they're just not pandering to the left's hissy fits. I'm sure there will be more protections in place next time, but newsflash you're still going to lose.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

yes, I think those that attack our democracy are enemies. lol do you?

and, yes, because russia has succeeded in penetrating some voting systems i think they should be treated appropriately. BUT, MORE IMPORTANTLY i think we should set up safeguards to protect our voting systems, do you? and if not, why?

edit on 14-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

cuz, I watched the hearing yesterday. lololololol

the questions posed by angus king were especially enlightening.
edit on 14-2-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

if we interferred with russia's voting system what do you think putin would do?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Well, that' the final word on that then - carry on with the hissy fits. lolololol
edit on 2 14 2018 by underpass61 because: l

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

more like laughing my ass off at how weak trump is.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

When did Russia penetrate voting systems. I remember the IC released info saying California, where I live, was compromised but our SOS called it fake news. Californias SOS called the IC fake news.
www.sos.ca.gov... e-about-russian-scanning/

But I agree with you that we should safeguard our election and I think the first step in doing that is voter ID laws.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Let's deal with what's going on now.

Says the person posting in a thread about a future event that has not yet occurred but apparently 'The Russians' will have caused another upset if your candidate loses. If your candidate wins then Russia did not meddle/have influence in the election.

Pretty sure that sums up your thought-process on this or any other matter pertaining to Trump..

Except its pretty clear from the current administrations prerogatives that there are many Republican's 'on team Putin', judging by the easing of sanctions as the most recent example (not to mention the plethora of shading meetings/dealings for which several have been fired/eliminated over). I think its fair to say Russia has and will be attempting to hack/thwart/deviate our future elections as much as possible, but its disingenuous to think that Russia feels Democratic leadership is as advantageous to Putin's prerogatives as Republicans. I'm sure the Russians are clever enough to play both angles as much as possible, so regardless if a D or R wins, it is and should be imperative to put a serious effort to combating their influence if for no other reason than we want to maintain our own sovereignty. Whether the US has done similar actions (or is still enacting them) is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

But I agree with you that we should safeguard our election and I think the first step in doing that is voter ID laws.

Isn't it funny how the ones screaming for increased safeguards are the same ones fighting tooth and nail against voter I.D.?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

a reply to: Scrubdog

and, those here on ats who don't think it's necessary to take some steps to protect our voting polls - very telling. they'd rather protect putin or they know they can't win without the help... who knows, but it's 100% weak. lol

Just asking, what makes you so certain that nothing is being done? Is the administration required to keep you updated on every single issue they are dealing with? I can say with just as much certainty as you that they are taking steps to strengthen security at the polls, they're just not pandering to the left's hissy fits. I'm sure there will be more protections in place next time, but newsflash you're still going to lose.

I think this may be the least substantiative post I've read today. Congrats, you've won the 'waste everyone's time' award. Have a cookie.

Bloviating as if you've got a direct line and insight into Trump's administration just makes you look crazy.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

lol

and, those for voter id laws could give a rats ass about foreign meddling.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Let's deal with what's going on now.

Says the person posting in a thread about a future event that has not yet occurred but apparently 'The Russians' will have caused another upset if your candidate loses. If your candidate wins then Russia did not meddle/have influence in the election.

Pretty sure that sums up your thought-process on this or any other matter pertaining to Trump..

Frankly I like the idea that a cheap Russian troll farm sending tweets beat a 1.4 billion dollar political campaign, no matter how implausible such a theory is. We should let them continue their little fantasies just for the #s and giggles.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I never said I did. I said I had just as much insight as the hyperventilating left - "I can say with just as much certainty as you." Oh, and I'll bloviate if I want to

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Everybody including us is interfering with everyone elses election. Yes security is important but for more reasons than just the Russians. This whole emphasis on the Russians is entirely politically motivated. If we dug deep could find more than just the Russians not to mention unearthing our own skeletons.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

lol

Wouldn't stopping foreigners from voting be the first step in stopping foreign meddling?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

lol

Wouldn't stopping foreigners from voting be the first step in stopping foreign meddling?

Sure, and I suppose disenfranchising 5% of low income voters is a worthwhile trade off for that (especially considering that 5% likely would vote against your candidate)....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Everybody lets Bob Mueller off the hook. His top priority was to investigate and report on HOW Russians interfered in our 2016 election. Instead, he went hunting witches (and still is), at taxpayer expense.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Everybody lets Bob Mueller off the hook. His top priority was to investigate and report on HOW Russians interfered in our 2016 election. Instead, he went hunting witches (and still is), at taxpayer expense.

Its a shame that crooked Democrat Rosenstein gave him such a broad range to act under....

Oh wait....

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Ok, I get it. We want to put a stop to Russian cyber meddling but we don't want to impede Mexican meddling at the actual polls. Got it

It's awfully elitist of you to think that low income citizens would have a problem with proving it.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: carewemust

Its a shame that crooked Democrat Rosenstein gave him such a broad range to act under....

Oh wait....

It's also too bad that Mueller turned out to be unworthy of the leeway that Rosenstein gave him. And that Sessions "quit" so easily, and...blah blah.

But the bottom line is, we've had an ongoing investigation into how Russians influenced our elections since last May. What did the Intelligence chiefs say yesterday about Mueller's progress...or about Mueller at all?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join