It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Intel Chiefs Unanimous That Russia is Targeting the 2018 Election.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Do not worry Comrades.....

Once we convince you that you can not trust the vote because of the Russians, you will be happy for us to decide your president for you.

All is going well.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I think it is already since his goal was only to gain interest in a new reality show and never to actually win. He stole an election from legitimate republican candidates and someone should really think about suing him for fraud.

Welcome to the irrational, upside-down world of the moonbat.

www.politico.com...

By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart.

Hillary actually did steal a nomination.
The former head of the DNC wrote a book about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Wayfarer

The fact that we're still (as a population) on Step 1 of this roadmap is pretty clear indication that Russian influence vis-a-vis news and social media has garnered enough 'doubt' in both the political and intelligence systems in the US that there are many who now believe Russian controlled spokespeople over our own.

When we have RECENTLY seen the DNC torpedo a popular candidate to install "their" choice as opposed to the voters choice and then have the usa ic turned against the opposition parties candidate what do you expect?

Russia didn't actually have to do anything, the dnc, hillary, and the obama administration carried all the water the russkies needed.

I actually sympathize with what you've said above, as I supported Bernie over Hillary and was perturbed and dismayed by the DNC's shady actions against Bernie. That being said, the Intelligence Community I believe is against Trump as a defacto position because he is such an odious human being, and likely also because of his financial ties to Russia. I find it hard to believe the argument that the Intelligence Community is in the pocket of the DNC, when just a decade ago it was assumed as common knowledge (and honestly is still probably true) that there is close to if not a majority of its employee's probably that sit further to the right on the political spectrum than the left.

You assertion that Russia didn't have to do anything may be true (though we won't ever know for certain), but it stands to reason that Russian influence in American Democracy is far more likely to be nefarious than altruistic, wouldn't you agree? To decouple the Trump presidency from Russian intelligence meddling for a moment; if I told you that Trump is guarantee'd his second term, would you still be non-committal about digging deeper into the Russian issue?
edit on 07pm18fpmTue, 13 Feb 2018 14:03:16 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 13 Feb 2018 14:03:16 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Intel Chiefs Unanimous That Russia is Targeting

The War on Terror just isn't working out, say hello to Cold War 2.0

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
well I guess that's it then. It's over. Get the lights on the way out please.

Oh wait, you mean we don't have to just accept that our systems suck ass and are ripe for hacking? Well then, I suppose if we were to up our game a bit on cyber security, we might see these hacks before they are revealed on the #ing news.

Oh and if anyone thinks that this is purely a "Russia" thing, you may have a slight gullibility issue.

But it sure is nice that all the excuses are being primed.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Why is it these conspiracies only appear when Republicans win? Are we to believe that if Democrats win, the media will blame the Russians? Or is this only something they will trot out when Democrat lose?

Also, what about the effect our partisan press has on elections? They represent one side of the country, promote one side while constantly attacking their political opposition. Isn't that a threat to our democracy? I say yes, a much bigger threat.

Isn't it strange that our media claimed it would be a threat to democracy (before the election) if Trump challenged election results, yet they have gone far above and beyond that standard themselves (after the election)? And to that point, when I see commies in the real world, they are protesting Donald Trump and promoting Democrats. If you want to find a hammer and sickle flag, attend ANY democrat protest.
edit on 13-2-2018 by JonCrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I get the feeling that the people who run this country believe that Americans believe everything they see on Twitter Facebook and in online news articles.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

They used social media huh?

Do I hear a call to arms for the brave forces of the great meme wars that saved our republic in the past?

Fear not, we shall isht post the enemy into oblivion for threatening our great leaders country.

Come my autistic brothers and sisters. Let us face this encroaching Soviet bear head on.

The father land shall meme mother Russia into retardation!

The troops got this OP. Thank you for your service. Rest assured, we are ready for those pesky Russian social medias.

edit on 2 13 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

No he didn't. That...is just another lie. Either you're gullible or you didn't pay attention to presidents before this.
His whole first year was one debacle after another. One scandal after another and an unending barrage of lies in all shapes and sizes.
He is the shame of our nation and a black mark on our reputation around the world .
Most world leaders simply think he's a moron. Much like his Secretary of state.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It doesn't actually say that and I'm sure you didn't read the book so I don't know why you're including THAT.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It isn't just twitter bots, and social media, they used other methods too, some of which we don't know about yet. Its part of the investigation. U.S. Intel has said that the Russians used "sophisticated methods", Social media was just a part of how the Russians interfered, which apparently was successful considering how many times stories put out by Russians were shared among Americans, who believe anything they see on their screens.

they used other methods too, some of which we don't know about yet

We dont know ? Then how do we "know" they used other methods ?

sophisticated methods

Whats left ? Physical abuse ? Bribery ? (dang , where is my money ?) Waterboarding ? Drugging the water supply ?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Not working out for who?

You know there are plenty of stories out there about what totalitarian governments and communist governments are like if you care to learn exactly what we should be fighting against.
Don't stupid your future away for a president that doesn't care about you.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump got elected so it's no wonder they think that.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
well I guess that's it then. It's over. Get the lights on the way out please.

Oh wait, you mean we don't have to just accept that our systems suck ass and are ripe for hacking? Well then, I suppose if we were to up our game a bit on cyber security, we might see these hacks before they are revealed on the #ing news.

Oh and if anyone thinks that this is purely a "Russia" thing, you may have a slight gullibility issue.

But it sure is nice that all the excuses are being primed.

and are ripe for hacking?

Ask the DHS about the Georgia Lt. Governor's office. Not that easy...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

By not taking the dnc to task for what was essentially fraud, the "russians" are enabled. I will never trust the dnc again, will you?

Being "an odious human being" is not a crime and is in no way justification for breaking the law and spying on an american citizen. If the POTUS' financial ties are an issue arrest him. Put up or shut up. We know for a fact the ic was used to spy on the trump campaign. That is not in doubt. What is in doubt is the justification. NONE to this date has been provided. 4 people have been indicted, NONE for colluding with russia to steal the election from hillary. NONE. If you have evidence otherwise please present it.
The ic was not in the pocket of the dnc, it was at the disposal of the former administration. It was not the everyday joe ic worker that may have committed crimes. The truth will come out, and I have no doubt there will be issues with how the ic was used.

We have an obligation to protect our election systems. That should be done no matter the cost. Censoring facebook,twitter,ats ect is not the answer. We do not censor speech here.
Russia is no different than any other foreign country and will work to further its interests. We should investigate the extent of them or any other country(israel, germany, china ect) attempting to influence our elections.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

It doesn't actually say that and I'm sure you didn't read the book so I don't know why you're including THAT.

www.politico.com...
the link i posted does say that
it says this as well

By DONNA BRAZILE November 02, 2017

your lies have no power here

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: avgguy

No he didn't. That...is just another lie. Either you're gullible or you didn't pay attention to presidents before this.
His whole first year was one debacle after another. One scandal after another and an unending barrage of lies in all shapes and sizes.
He is the shame of our nation and a black mark on our reputation around the world .
Most world leaders simply think he's a moron. Much like his Secretary of state.

Do you know that I could take your post back to 2002 and it would look exactly the same as what everyone was saying about Bush? It's always the same narrative when a Republican takes power. Then a Democrat gets elected and "all is well". Suddenly all the negative media stories stop being about the president and start being about their political opposition.

edit on 13-2-2018 by JonCrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Trump got elected so it's no wonder they think that.

If Hillary had been elected, would the media and Democrats have made all these same accusations about Russia?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

... If you have evidence otherwise please present it....

We have an obligation to protect our election systems. That should be done no matter the cost. Censoring facebook,twitter,ats ect is not the answer. We do not censor speech here.
Russia is no different than any other foreign country and will work to further its interests. We should investigate the extent of them or any other country(israel, germany, china ect) attempting to influence our elections.

Re: Evidence - As I've said before (and don't wish to beleaguer the point any further in this thread), that just because Mueller's investigation hasn't concluded or hasn't released their findings doesn't mean there is nothing there. Concurrently just because its still ongoing also doesn't mean Mueller has anything substantiative (though it strains belief to think he'd keep going after not finding ANYTHING).

The latter portion of your reply however I wholeheartedly agree with. Censorship is a slippery slope and one that ultimately won't benefit the freedoms we American's enjoy. I'm glad we share an opinion regarding making our best efforts to curtail their (or any other state actor's) involvement in our election system.
edit on 07pm18fpmTue, 13 Feb 2018 15:25:47 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 13 Feb 2018 15:25:47 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

a reply to: kurthall

They see it as a boon. They're all hoping the Russians will do it again.

They will deny to your face and cross their fingers in private.
j

they know they need the help to win. lol I can't think of any other reason why most here want to ignore and downplay the threat.

it's funny.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join