It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Intel Chiefs Unanimous That Russia is Targeting the 2018 Election.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
a reply to: carewemust

Right! How are we supposed to take their wolf whistles serious that Russia is trying to undermine faith in our democracy when they have been pushing that same narrative since their boss lost the election.

According to their own logic we need to reject CNN and their commie plot.

What concerns me is how "soft" President Trump has become on CNN. Can you imagine the shouts of joy if CNN's U.S. broadcast license was revoked?

Wolf Blister is already accusing President Trump of blocking the Time-Warner/AT&T merger, because the DOJ says that Time Warner must sell CNN before the merger will be considered.
REF: nypost.com...

I say give Wolf Blister something to really whine about. FIND a reason to revoke their U.S. license. Make CNN relocate to North Korea.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If people in this country are stupid enough to let a Facebook or Twitter post be the deciding factor in who they vote for, I submit that we have much, MUCH bigger problems in this country than Russia trying to "influence" an election.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
These Russian bots are so powerful, they actually make people believe they are powerful enough to influence an entire country.

What a silly notion. And this notion that democracy is somehow sacred is even more silly.

edit on 13-2-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

If that is the case then go ahead and declare war on Russia since it is pretty clear this mess wont ever stop.

All roads lead to an eventual major conflict.

Oh yeah I forgot. No one wants that to happen but the two countries of the USA/Russia supposedly hate each other this much to cause instability in their enemy's country.
edit on 13-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You've taken that bait hook so damn deep it is hanging out of your posterior, ready to catch another fish!

Your overlords are no more benevolent than the other "side's" overlords. All governments are a rotten cesspool of nauseating scum involved in the most heinous and depraved crimes against humanity imaginable.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This is our own Intel, I do not dissmiss the United Chiefs of U.S. INTEL, on what Russia is doing.

But you'll dismiss THE FACT that US citizens paid for Russian Intel on Trump.

Not only did they not have to meddle in that regard, they got paid to.

But you'll gladly virtue signal to people who aren't as up in arms as you... You're as blind as those on the right who claim Russia didn't do anything.

link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

If that is the case then go ahead and declare war on Russia since it is pretty clear this mess wont ever stop.

All roads lead to an eventual major conflict.

That modality of thinking is outdated. We don't need to 'go to war' with Russia to stop this, but we do need to recognize/accept it is occurring (as the entirety of the US intelligence apparatus is telling us), and then take non-military steps (like the sanctions that Trump strangely decided were not needed the other week) to make a continuation of these actions against the US by Russia as unpalatable as possible so as to disincentivize it happening again. The fact that we're still (as a population) on Step 1 of this roadmap is pretty clear indication that Russian influence vis-a-vis news and social media has garnered enough 'doubt' in both the political and intelligence systems in the US that there are many who now believe Russian controlled spokespeople over our own.

link   
The other big reveal on the testimony today.
The FBI has grave concerns with the inaccuracy of Devin Nunes memo that Wray says ommits vital information they had provided in all the documents they gave to the committee. . What a surprise! No not really.
And yet the president fails again to do the right thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Bluntone22

No, they are not just using propaganda, do you people literally put your heads in the sand? Also please tell me how in 1990 the Russians were doing this......Please show me what you are saying is true.

I said propaganda has been used in politics for centuries.
I didn't say Russian propaganda.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
If people in this country are stupid enough to let a Facebook or Twitter post be the deciding factor in who they vote for, I submit that we have much, MUCH bigger problems in this country than Russia trying to "influence" an election.

Bingo!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The fact that we're still (as a population) on Step 1 of this roadmap is pretty clear indication that Russian influence vis-a-vis news and social media has garnered enough 'doubt' in both the political and intelligence systems in the US that there are many who now believe Russian controlled spokespeople over our own.

When we have RECENTLY seen the DNC torpedo a popular candidate to install "their" choice as opposed to the voters choice and then have the usa ic turned against the opposition parties candidate what do you expect?

Russia didn't actually have to do anything, the dnc, hillary, and the obama administration carried all the water the russkies needed.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No link of course

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Also please tell me how in 1990 the Russians were doing this......Please show me what you are saying is true.

They were learning how to do it in the 90's

The U.S. also attempted to sway Russian elections. In 1996, with the presidency of Boris Yeltsin and the Russian economy flailing, President Clinton endorsed a $10.2-billion loan from the International Monetary Fund linked to privatization, trade liberalization and other measures that would move Russia toward a capitalist economy.

LA times

Although their tactics are different than ours.

They have the benefit now of being able to easily play the emotional strings of our citizens who don't look at the big picture

You're doing great for them.
edit on 13-2-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Bob Mueller was given a staff of 200 investigators and millions of dollars a month to look into how Russia meddled in the 2016 election, and issue a report on how to prevent the same thing from happening in 2018 and 2020. His team has been investigating for almost a year now.

WHERE IS HIS REPORT? Time is short!

Exactly.

And maybe if the Alphabet Agencies had actually done something in 15
when they knew this was starting up instead of rigging the election
for Hillary, they may have figured out a few things.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sanctions would help. Oh wait. We did that.
And trump undid that. So first step is remedy that.
Then...
Make Facebook responsible for giving them a platform.
They had to pay for the ads and Facebook just raked in the cash without a care in the world.
And also...
education. Apparently some people still haven't gotten the message.

We all know the only reason trump is not backing this is because he is so afraid they will declare his presidency illegitimate.

I think it is already since his goal was only to gain interest in a new reality show and never to actually win. He stole an election from legitimate republican candidates and someone should really think about suing him for fraud.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

No link of course

Of course, because that is not at all what Wray said.

So she cant link to anything true.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Aside from not admitting they played both sides....

That was a very well worded response.

Parts of it I disagree with, but other than that it was solid substance for the conversation and I admire that.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

We all know the only reason trump is not backing this is because he is so afraid they will declare his presidency illegitimate.

I think it is already since his goal was only to gain interest in a new reality show and never to actually win. He stole an election from legitimate republican candidates and someone should really think about suing him for fraud.

LOL, a new conspiracy a day about Trump.
You cant make this stuff up!

All because Hillary lost...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Lol except that he got more done in his first year than the last 2 potus. Seems like he’s doing a good job for someone who’s a fraud.
edit on 13-2-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We have no leadership. He couldn't lead himself out of a door.
Trump doesn't care about us. About you. Not one iota.
Get with the program.
You just heap praise on him daily and he does not deserve it. He's nothing. Less than nothing. A lying piece of crap.

The FBI is contradicting everything they say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join