It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan culture doesn't have to be a Human sacrifice one.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Mayan culture could be purely agricultural and developed into blood letting practices to get their soil to produce their new invention....corn.

IDK, do we read accounts that denote human sacrifice is the desire .....or that their hierarchy of society was designed to allow or idolize that concept. give your life so that the others can go on. That's what I just heard on a tv documentary, got me to thinkin. hehe

some of the peoples in that time and area were doing soil modification with charcoal and ash probably, but I saw a show with dark soil being cultivated in areas where the growing was struggling. so did they add blood meal type fertilizer seeing that the corn crop was doing better than ever with added sacrifice.

If they were desperate to make the crops go.......would they have enough livestock....to not have to slaughter persons and still get enough of that good old blood nitrogen. Blood meal, the best nitrogen source.

I just wanted to put it out there that we can't label that bunch as heathen blood thirsty devil worshippers...unless it's undeniable

Am I wrong? Do we have proof ...we burned all their books.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I think it's still a human sacrifice regardless of what you use the blood for. Lol!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I, for one, tend to not believe a lot of main stream theories, I will explain why in a minute...

However, I do believe that we as humans, always tend to think of ourselves as the most advanced people that have ever lived. So we then look down on past civilizations and find reasons why we are better than them...they practiced slavery, human sacrifice, etc. When all we really have is conjecture.

Why I say that, my wife's best friend is grave robber....I mean archeologist....I remember she found an item one day that none of her staff knew what it was....so they made it up. I can't remember what they called it or said it was used for, but 2 years later, they found out it was the stem from a tobacco pipe. When they don't know, they make a theory and hail it as a huge discovery.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Could be, I suppose....Prof. Compton fron U N Texas lived in a leaning shack near Denton Texas.....I discovered his home abandoned and full of treasures like film reels...stamps...pics of nude art posers in his class and books and letters...

Got his stamps......the place was about to fall over actually....but I got two books of mayan design...wood cover and fold-out to 40 feet kind of record of inca or Mayan symbols ....I got the feeling they were a friendly smart bunch.....not Devil worshipping needing a Human heart or nothing yezz...

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboyYep....

we have to be on the look out for that kind of bunk being fed to us...

specially these days huh!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I just wanted to put it out there that we can't label that bunch as heathen blood thirsty devil worshippers...unless it's undeniable

Vanquishing enemies of state is common to all empires. If we are talking about quantity of blood letting, the modern world is far better at it than any 'Civilization' from Antiquity.

As far as all those glyphs describing disturbing practices?

Those are recruitment posters... sort of.

"Uncle Jaguar Needs You"

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
that dang tv doc said the Mayans had one get together every year to sacrifice twenty thousand individuals.......can you imagine/

gadang goin organic on their crops
edit on 13-2-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
To me the bottom line is that if a society kills animals to eat then death will come in some form to that society. Humans just can not escape the unseen fact that we are connected to the plant and animal world in such a way that in order for a society to survive there always has to be death. I believe that soon a man will come along and change the system a bit to reflect a more peaceful way to live that does not include killing or death. So the mayans all died off because for some reason or another the animals died off first.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Vegan Jesus? Vegus? Jegan?

...Also... do animals die because they eat other animals? Should my cat be vegan too?
edit on 13-2-2018 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I'll never eat corn again.

I never liked it anyway!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Is somebody out there summing up cultures with just a few trigger words? Of course the Mayans were more than just human sacrifices. Just like America is more than cheeseburgers in Paradise.

But I'm not going to go through an entire list of wonderful accomplishments of every culture or country or town or region every time I think about them. To hell with that. Bloodthirsty murdering Mayans. Fat, noisy cheeseburger eating Americans.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I read some stuff on the Mayans about this subject. They did kill their enemies and did consider their bodies as sacrifices. They did have a death penalty and the sacrifice for doing something really bad was death and they had a religious ritual for the event. The spanish did witness these rituals and I am sure a few Spanish were sentenced to die for their crimes along with people who disrupted society. They did seem to have a strong religion to control their society. The Hindu and Muslims stoned people to death as part of their rituals, same with the early Jews. That was the way it was two thousand years ago for breaking religious rules.

I grew up watching TV shows about these people of Hawaii and the Mayans sacrificing virgins. From reading articles of people who went investigate the local stuff about this, it appears those shows were way off. They had weird rules governing women too, I suppose someone who disrupted the social structure, a young woman, might have been sentenced to death. Some of those religions are pretty strict, I doubt if the Mayans would have sacrificed a mellow woman that was following the rules, seems like the good ones would be gone and the guys would have to live with bitches.

Although, if this was true, it could by the guys were out warring, they wanted to get away from the cranky wife and hoped to die in battle

The last part is a pun....I want to try to keep liberal women from attacking me for sexist statements. My name isn't Donald

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: howtonhawky

Vegan Jesus? Vegus? Jegan?

...Also... do animals die because they eat other animals? Should my cat be vegan too?

i wish i had all the answers.
everything around you is energy and the universe waste nothing.
sometimes people die because animals kill animals and sometimes it can just be an end to some type of energy in your life

the point being is that if we were to go out and destroy every animal then we would be destroying ourselves and our society
also eating raw meat is a good way to degrade your energy in the long run the food you eat can and will fight back

in our society we have dealt with the energies a bit different than others

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Entertaining idea, but i think it was mainly a hierarchy/religious thing.

Or if you really wanted to get wasted, Human sacrifices always has the best enemas.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There are 4 Mayan codex that survived, probably more, the nitrogen source for maize was the three sisters used by native Americans and. Native. South Americans,corn squash and. Beans,beans fixed nitrogen into the soil for the maize.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There are 4 Mayan codex that survived, probably more, the nitrogen source for maize was the three sisters used by native Americans and. Native. South Americans,corn squash and. Beans,beans fixed nitrogen into the soil for the maize.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joefoster

I have heard of the three sisters from an Indian keeper of the fire on various occasions. It is a sacred practice to them.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The Mayans and Olmec tended towards human sacrifice...

Though none have a candle to the most recent as text…
They were so prolific killing that they ended up lessening their societal IQ by killing so many people...
It was a blood cult of the highest order...

Mayans were Choir boys compared to the Aztecs…
But, make no mistake, they were a human sacraficial society…Though the Mayans tend to sacrifice prisoners the Aztecs sacrifice their own…

Interestingly, the VERY early Teotihuacans were a business industrial society with no religious rule…
Their society was predicated upon the production and trade of black glass or obsidian in the modern vernacular…
But as a result of revolt most likely due to drought, this amazing civilization was rendered extinct by a peasant uprising around 100 AD if memory serves…
And no Subsequent generations settled there because they believed in evil place founded the following gods… Again, this is all from memory but I think I’m correct

Most Post neolithic societies of middle America tended toward sacrifice…As did all the globe neolithic societies dots up
Some of the earliest stories from the judeo-christian ethos involve bargaining with God over sacrificing goats v children…

-Chris

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Typical depiction at the time,not unlike native americans,when in fact the natives had better hygiene then British,yet they said they were savages,archeologist's are only as smart as their information,day of free thinkers is gone,they know nothing about other cultures,just a wild ass guess,weak attempt to try and look smart

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If they killed the weakest least desirable 1%, and modern man puts them in office, who's actually done better for humanity?

Animals lead their weak and diseased to predators who weigh out the risk of eating the diseased and weak . Thats why animals don't need chemotherapy and air conditioning,and are still here. And humans up until recently followed this model whether they acknowledge it or not. Humans, as an outlier of the animal kingdom, have always had population control of some type.

top topics

join