It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrest warrant upheld by court

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Handing down her judgement, Senior District Judge Emma Arbuthnot said: "I find arrest is a proportionate response even though Mr Assange has restricted his own freedom for a number of years.
"Defendants on bail up and down the country, and requested persons facing extradition, come to court to face the consequences of their own choices. He should have the courage to do the same.
“It is certainly not against the public interest to proceed."

Julian Assange arrest warrant upheld by court

Westminster Magistrates' Court have today upheld the arrest warrant for Julian Assange following Assange's legal teams attempt to have it removed , the judge argued that the arrest warrent is in the public interest , she also said she didn't believe he would have been sent to the States by the Swedish authorities.

It's thought Julian Assange may give a response from the Ecuadorian Embassy , live stream bellow.

The circus continues.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Whats the point? Are they going to arrest him then turn him loose cos the Swedes don't want him?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I think he'll be a nice gift to Donald to sweeten that trade deal.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think Assange was smuggled out of the embassy long ago. Nobody has seen him at the windows, or anything else like that, for many months now. He's probably living in Ecuador. If Britain did drop the arrest warrant, they'd probably need to smuggle him back in just so they could make a show of him walking out.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Except I thought Donald didn't give a damn either...It was Obama wanted him waterboarded forever wasn't it?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

have the swedes actually recinded the extradition request ??? [ citation required ]

in any case - mr assages breach of bail conditions is a seperate criminal offence in the UK

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Is it really in the public interest to prosecute him for breach of bail if the original charges were withdrawn though?

Colour me cynical, I still think this is punishment for exposing some dirty secrets in the past.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

They dropped it last year.
www.independent.co.uk... 1.html

The only thing he's wanted for now is not surrendering to bail even though the court have known where he is all this time.
edit on 13-2-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

As far as I know his only crime is being a wuss.

He is no longer the mastermind behind Wikileaks, he's more PR than a hacker and has been for years.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Ummm...time served...he's been in prison at the Ecuadorian embassy for years...

The judge is an idiot...It would be in the public interest to drop the charges and let the man free...

YouSir

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

He stood up to be counted and exposed the wrongdoing of our governments , odd behavior for a wuss.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

More like punishment for speaking truth to power.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

And what has he done since his "diplomatic immunity"? nothing.

He can claim to speak the truth but it is another thing to claim credit for the proxies that "work" for him. However he did do the honorable thing and save them from those two words...laser sight.
edit on 13-2-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

In my state, jumping bail is also an offense separate. However, it is a low level misdemeanor. I believe Asange has mentioned in the past that he feels that there is a secret indictment against him in the US and that if he goes to court he'll be taken into custody for extradition to the US.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Is it really in the public interest to prosecute him for breach of bail if the original charges were withdrawn though?

I think the idea is that it's not in the public interest to make exceptions in the law just because people are famous.
That makes things unfair to ordinary people who are still expected to obey the law, and don't get declarations of immunity.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

He jumped bail so no shock the UK warrant was not dismissed.

Secondly im not sure why everyone keeps going on about Swedish-US extradition. It would be easier extraditing from the UK than Sweden since the US and UK have separate extradition agreements that are more in depth than Swedish-EU agreements.

Also Sweden never dismissed their charges against Assange. They "froze" the case until such time Assange can be interviewed.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe it wouldn't be that bad if he just leaves the embassy? What's the punishment for the bail thingy?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What's the punishment for the bail thingy?

Most likely a slap on the wrist and deportation to America.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Huh. What does he have to expect there? Maybe it's time to get it over with.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It will be nice to see him jailed.
I hope it happens soon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join