It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Byron York: Comey told Congress FBI agents didn't think Michael Flynn lied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
When does intent apply? Sorry if this has already been covered. Why is it that Flynn is charged and convicted (albeit upon his own confession) of lying to the FBI when they knew it wasn't an intentional lie, but Hillary Clinton is exonerated based upon her intent?

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.

Byron York: Comey told Congress FBI agents didn't think Michael Flynn lied

FBI director James Comey has stuck by his claim that declining to bring charges against Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information was the right call because proof of intent was lacking

Comey Sticks to His Claim That Hillary Lacked Criminal Intent

So when does intent apply? Was Flynn's mistake his confession? This seems likely to me. Why did he confess? Didn't his legal counsel advise him that was the stupidest thing he could do? What do you all think?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

According to who? Because Comey did testify in front of a camera too remember.

And Flynn did lie. He admitted it. He is cooperating with Mueller to reduce jail time because he lied.

Secret societies meeting off-site of the DOJ according to sources...

Sources say....

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I remember when sources used to say all sorts of things about Trump, and it was lapped up by some on a particular side. I suppose the important thing is what side the "sources" are on.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Zelun

According to who? Because Comey did testify in front of a camera too remember.

And Flynn did lie. He admitted it. He is cooperating with Mueller to reduce jail time because he lied.

Secret societies meeting off-site of the DOJ according to sources...

Sources say....

According to whom? According to Byron York of the Washington Examiner, who presumably has sources in Congress that wouldn't be sources anymore if he named them. Time will tell, I suppose. Interesting that Flynn has pled guilty, and is still yet to be sentenced. Curious, no?

top topics

join